“Good way to get your bearings”
Review of Gray Line Zurich

Ranked #6 of 42 Tours in Zurich
London, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good way to get your bearings”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

If it is your first time in Zurich this is a good way of seeing the sights.

The main minus was that the trolley did not have any heating and on a cold November morning this would have been welcome. Also although advertised as 2 hours it was more like 1.5 hours.

Visited November 2013

Melbourne
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This tour is advertised in the brochure as being "2 hours". On our first day in Zurich and looking
for a way to see the City we decided to do the afternoon trolley bus tour. The male selling the tickets in the booth informed us that it would run for between two and two and a half hours. The tour took in a 5 minute stop by the lake for a photo opportunity of ship masts! Continuing through the backstreets of Zurich and other areas we arrived back at the bus station exactly one and a half hours later.
The next day (we had another tour booked from the same company-Grey line) I voiced my displeasure with the lady ticket officer and she told me I must have misheard what the male officer had told me the day prior. This was not what we were told. I would not recommend this trip to anyone visiting Zurich as you will be able to see all the City locations of interest by walking and will also save yourself (in our case) CHF76

Visited September 2013
4 Thank melbhoy
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Black Forest Tour!! A great tour”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We decided to take this tour because we didn't want to wake up early, we did the last two days the Jungfraujoch and the Titlis (check for the one at 10:00) tours and we wanted to have a quiet day. Already from the check in, the people in the "office" were very nice and we could go immediately into the bus that was nice and cool (it was very hot outside).
Both, the tour guide and the driver were very helpful and friendly, for any question or doubt that we had. Our guide Ana was very informative and helped us even to find out some information about the trains for the next day cause we were traveling to Germany. Michel the driver was very helpful helping all of us to go out of the bus and with some information too. he is a great driver.
The tour itself is GREAT! We drove through great landscape and in the town of Titsee we had a great time (we even bought a Cuckoo clock for great price!). After that we drove back to Switzerland to the Rhein falls and had enough time for pictures and a small ride on the boat.
Profesionalissm at its best!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank chenoaSanJose
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Zurich City Trolley Tour With Boat Trip”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I thought the Gray Line Trolley tour of the old town in Zurich was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Headsets were provided per person and commentary was available in 8 languages. Headsets worked well and the trolley tour driver provided extra help by pointing to the points of interest being described on the tape.

Zurich old town is worth seeing. There was a number of impressive churches, observatory, shopping streets and river. The tour stopped twice so we could take photographs and stretch our legs.

I paid for a boat trip that was included at the end of the trolley tour. The boat was spacious, served lots of hot food and had its own bar. I was pleased to find that the announcements were made in English so I knew when to get off the boat and Zurich lake was beautiful (the 3rd largest lake in Europe, created from a melted glacier).

Be sure to look out for the Lindt chocolate factory that the boat passes.

I travelled alone and found the whole tour very suitable for a solo traveller. I bought my ticket easily from my hotel (Marriott) and found the tour easily from the main station (located to the left of the station exit to the left of Zurich museum).

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Josie J
Phoenix, Arizona
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Bus tour was fine, just a bit of a boring city to view”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have done a lot of these type of tours, the bus and driver were fine, just Zurich is a bit of a sterile city compared to others in Europe and there wasn't much that was exciting to see.

Visited April 2013