“great tour of zurich by bike”
Review of Toptrek Touren

Toptrek Touren
More attraction details
Owner description: Toptrek is partner of Zurich Tourism for bike activities (LittleBigCity tour & overland), mountain hiking and cross-country skiing. All year round for groups, individuals & families at advanced & beginner level - expertly, off the beaten track, pleasant & informative. Bruno Pfeuti, founder and head guide, speaks besides German very good English and French, as well as passably Italian and Spanish.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We are fans of city bike tours and this one was excellent! Bruno was helpful in organizing the tour, making sure bike heights would be right and was very accomodating with time when our flight was late. (This was the first time we had ever done a bike tour upon arriving in a city and I highly recommend it as both a good orientation and the antidote for jetlag). We had a private 4 hour tour of the city, the waterfront, the new arts district, residential neighborhood, the developing riverside area, and a good running commentary on history, politics, and local color. Bruno is a smart, friendly and knowledgeable guide with a background in both education and local politics and he taught us alot about Zurich while showing us the highlights and some very beautiful local hot spots. My husband and 18 year old son are stronger bikers than I but Bruno made sure I could keep up, stopped for photo opportunities and coffee and provided us with a very enjoyable and educational afternoon.

4  Thank BlueplateNY
in 6 reviews
"easy ride"
"natural water"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
in 12 reviews
"bikes"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2014

OK - true confessions - I'm an out-of-shape, middle-aged American woman. But my teenage son and I wanted to see Zurich, and we have found from our other adventures that hiring a private guide is the best way to get acquainted with a city.

Thanks to the good reviews on TripAdvisor, we booked Bruno for a half-day biking tour of Zurich. Although I was thoroughly exhausted by the time it was over, it really was not all that strenuous. And it was well worth it! Bruno literally took us around the ENTIRE city. We found out so many things that we would have not seen otherwise. (Who knew that the largest exhibit of succulent plants is in Zurich??) He is a great tour guide. If you can ride a bike at all, then this tour is for you.

2  Thank space_mom2010
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stumbled upon Bruno and Toptrek Touren quite by accident when his TripAdvisor page popped up on my Google Search. At first glance, Toptrek wasn't for me as I wasn't looking for a day tour in Zurich. Luckily I read a few reviews and followed the link to his webpage and discovered that Bruno has so much more to offer!

As I had the opportunity to spend a free day in the Zurich area, I really wanted to try out the cross country skiing that I thought might be close by. I am really new to the sport and have to admit that I still find it a little intimidating to show up and find the trails and have confidence that I can know what I've gotten myself in for! The thought of hiring a guide never occurred to me and then - voila - I found Bruno. Knowing that I had one specific day I could ski, that I wanted to go somewhere beautiful and increase my skills and stamina, Bruno kept a close eye on the weather and snow conditions and worked so hard to deliver the day I was hoping for.

Mission accomplished. The weather was so bad in Zurich that we had to travel to all the way to Davos. All I had to do was show up at the appointed hour under the Cube clock at the Zurich train station. Bruno had our tickets (and he had worked hard to get us the best deal), our timetable, and a sure grip on the weather that we would encounter. We hopped off the train in what appeared to be the middle of nowhere to me, fortified ourselves with a quick pastry and set off on the trails beautifully traced through the forest. Bruno tweaked my skiing skills, scooped me up off the snow a few times and generally entertained me all day long with great conversation, super knowledge of the area, the history, the geography, the culture, food - you name it - we probably covered it. Bruno was determined that the day be exactly as I hoped - and so when I was clearly tired at the end of the day but determined to meet my goal of 25km, Bruno just laughed and said, essentially, Let's get going then!!

On the train journey back, Bruno spread out a map and helped me plan out other cross country adventures I could try in Switzerland on my own.

My email exchanges with him before our day out were so helpful. He is very responsive and I knew exactly what I needed to wear and pack and where to be in perfect detail. I really appreciate that kind of service.

Bruno is a real outdoorsmen and can show you a great day out just about anytime of the year if you are flexible. He skis and hikes and bikes - over one day or several. You will greatly appreciate his full attention to detail and your personal goals as well as his engaging wit and intelligence. I highly recommend you check out his website and consider planning an adventure with him: http://www.toptrek.ch/

1  Thank Jinger H
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a great tour. Bruno is an engaging stimulating guide. He has a great sense of humour. Even if its raining, just go and have a lunch with Bruno, it would be lots of fun. I highly recommend Bruno's tour of Zurich.

1  Thank Unsworth2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Bruno was fantastic, he really made my trip to Zurich. I called him ahead of my trip and gave him the brief of getting in to the mountains and doing something a bit off the normal tourist routes and he came up with three options; two different treks and cross country skiing. As the day approached he advised that the conditions were perfect for cross country skiing and they certainly were! I had never been cross country skiing before though have experience of skiing and roller blading which I think helped, but I think anyone with a reasonable level of fitness could enjoy it. We did the 20km circuit and it was absolutely stunning and a great day out. I high recommend it to anyone!

Bruno is a really nice and interesting guy and is so knowledgable and enthusiastic about Switzerland it's hard not to want to stay for much longer! He is definitely worth a call or email if you're in Zurich and want to enjoy the great outdoors.

2  Thank Chris W