“A Gem in Zurich!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
australia
“A Gem in Zurich!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Unfortunately, we only had one night at Hotel Ni-Mo which is a shame as I would have been quite happy to bunker down in this lovely B & B style hotel. Location is great in Seefeld, a 5 minute walk to the lake, and a 15 minute walk to Old Town. The best part was that the closest train station is Stadelhofen station which is one station from Zurich HB and took us about 5 to 10 minutes to walk with luggage to the hotel, very convenient.

This place has a lovely homey feel to it as soon as you walk in. This is due in no small way to the wonderful ladies who look after this place! Our Son and girlfriend arrived at 7:00am after an early arriving flight from Australia and they very kindly looked after them with offers of drinks and coffee and fast tracked the availability of their room straight away. My Husband and arrived at 9:30am and our room was also made available early which was SO appreciated :)

Our rooms both faced the courtyard at the back and were lovely and quiet, but I could imagine possibly the rooms facing the Main Street may be noisier. Our rooms were airy and light and while some people may not like the modern bathroom that we had i.e. the shower stall opened up into the bedroom and the sink was also exposed in the bathroom) it was not an issue for us. The bed is the most COMFORTABLE bed that we have experienced in the 3 months so far we have been travelling around Europe, and that is a lot of beds!

The breakfast while simple was plentiful, and none of us have experienced such delicious fresh strawberries and raspberries ever, they were so sweet! AND the coffee was great, a "help yourself" Nespresso machine with a variety of coffees, oh and of course a variety of teas!

You are also offered free water and mineral water from their fridge whenever you wish, plus the Nespresso machine is there all day and night for your use.

Zurich is horrendously expensive, and although the rates here are not cheap, for Zurich I found Hotel Ni-Mo good value for money. We have been to Zurich previously, and we would not stay anywhere else but here in future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jc2626

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked ourselves into NIMO after reading all the great reviews on Tripadvisor and it was totally worth it. The rooms are very nice with good bathrooms although the shower and the WC are separated. One negative is that there are no fans in the rooms that dont have A/C so it got quite hot but Eva, the owner did offer us the fan to use from the main room which was a nice thought. She was also helpful in giving us a map and telling us where to go and how to get around.

The breakfast has to the best we had on our trip across Switzerland and the fact that you can help yourself to coffee and tea through the day is a bonus. Thanks to its central locations, its also close to the sights and attractions in Zurich with everything in walking distance including the main train station. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Modern, contmporary decor with a lot of charm, yet functional rooms with everything one possibly needs. The Hotel is in perfectly central location yet rather quiet. We had a room to the typical court yards that the hotel shares with other buildings. A really nice small balcony with small tablle, chairs, cancle stands and blankets (for cold nights) made it a perfect little home for us. The biggest surprise was the perfect breakfast with everything one could possibly think of on offer, to get to know the nice owner Eva in person perfected our wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Court yard rooms are more quiet, front more interesting!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Staying in this hotel is like staying in an art gallery. The rooms, corridors, reception and breakfast room all contain works of art (which you can also buy) which we are told change every two months. The hotel is very clean and pleasant. The rooms are large and decorated very nicely. The artistic touches in the rooms sometimes override the needs of customers. For example there is no refrigerator in the rooms , the shower door is transparent glass, the bathroom sink is in the room, the closet is open. There is a flat TV a safe-box and hair dryer. The reception and breakfast room is open 24 hours with coffee and tea machines, refrigerator with water. The breakfast is very good with a good variety of tea, coffee, cheese, pastry, eggs, juices, jams, etc. NiMo is very conveniently located Two blocks to the lake (5 minutes walk), 100 meters to tram stop, 200 meters to Migros, 200 meters to Bellevue, Square and 15 minutes walk to the Old Town. There parking at the back of the hotel for a small charge.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms at the back if you want quieter rooms. There are also rooms with a balcony at the back...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Haluk K
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I found it!! After some job trips to Zurich when I never found a place to satisfy my expectations, now I got it and for sure I will always be back to NI-MO B&B.
This place has a soul, and this is because you feel like at home. The staff is so kind, always smily and so helpful. They are always ready to listen to your needs and find the right solution, they always seem in a good mood and you can really count on them. I appreciated it so much.
I was there for a week and I had working time a bit rare since I was working every morning from 6.00 to 10.00.
During the week, breakfast ends at 10.00 but the staff always gave me the possibilities to have a HUGE and wonderful breakfast even if I was arriving a bit late. And the sentence was always "take your time, don't be in a hurry". I really loved this.
Plus, and this is a BIG plus for me, the lobby/breakfast room is open 24/7. You can always seat down and drink a hot tea, or water or have a coffee even in the middle of the night. You have your own key to enter the B&B so you don't need everytime to ring or disturb the staff. This is another point that I liked very much (always due to my strange working-time).
Room is big and clean, I had a single room at first floor (Central) and it was perfect for what I needed. It's not luxury, simple but huge, clean, wonderful confortable bed and big-sized and super clean toilet with a big shower. This is all for me. I never use wardrobe in the hotels so I really don't need it. You have the hangers and that's it!!!
Price in the medium cost of Zurich is fine. You have to consider that breakfast is included (and I can assure breakfast is like a BRUNCH) and, as I said, all the services are included and you can always take a bottle of water in the fridge or a coffee. So it's a really good value in a city where normally you pay EVERYTHING a huge amount of money (a small bottle of water can be 4 euros!!!!).
So please consider this B&B in your trip as a very good option. The city centre is at walking distance and you can also have a good walk or run by the lake which is just behind the corner!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Trickypv
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

First off, location is great, 5min from the Old Town, a 2min walk from the Opera House, and just round the corner from the lake. You can get a train direct from the airport to a station 2 min walk from the hotel in 20min, or a train to the main central station and a tram from there to the door.

The staff are fantastic, always very helpful. They had my room ready early as I advised I was on an early flight, couldn’t have been more helpful lending me use of an iron and a plug adaptor while I was there (note Swiss plug sockets do not take the same 2 pin plugs as in many other European countries – they have a 3 pin plug).

The breakfast buffet includes cereal, an excellent meat and cheese selection, lots of different types of bread and rolls and boiled eggs on request (but offered each morning so you don’t feel like a pain for asking). Fruit, nuts and bottled water are left for people to help themselves all day too which is very nice and great rather than having to buy drinks and snacks in extortionate Zurich. There is also lots of art on the walls in the breakfast room and the corridors, which gives the place a really lovely atmosphere.

The room I was in (called Central - a single on the first floor, street facing) was a no major frills affair with shelves, but no wardrobe, a bed, desk and bedside table, but all very nice, clean and everything in the bathroom and shower was sparkling clean. The shower was great, very powerful and hot.

The only downsides I would mention are:
1 – Lovely to have tea and coffee facilities (in the breakfast room – open all day/night) with biscuits etc. but would be even better to have something in the room.

2 – The toilet/sink and shower are in separate compartments with a single sliding door, meaning only one or other can be closed from the bedroom at any one time. The hot pipe in the bathroom creaked in the night so I closed that half to block the noise, but that left the shower room (with its window which doesn’t have a blind) open to the room and meant it was quite light in the morning. I think a separate door for each section would be preferable.

3 – On the street facing rooms, the trams are quite loud. Even with double glazing (which kept out most street noise) the trams rattling past did wake me up each morning so I was glad to have earplugs. I imagine this is not a problem for rooms that face the other way and perhaps less of a problem on the floor above.

Price-wise, particularly given that breakfast is included I think it is good value… for Zurich. I have stayed in other European cities in much bigger/fancier rooms for much less money, but everything is so expensive in Zurich that the prices here are really good for what you get.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the street would be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ahc987
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

First of all, the location of the B&B was perfect. The hotel had so much charm and character. We felt so at home. Ava, the owner of the B&B, was so accommodating and welcoming. I thought the breakfast was great and was surprised by the choices. We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. We were disappointed that we only had one night in Zurich.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple