Hotel Arlette Beim Hauptbahnhof
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Leoneck Swiss Hotel(Zurich)
Limmathof(Zurich)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationbasic continental breakfastold townminute walkquiet streetnational museumsingle rooman expensive cityacross the rivershort staysmall hotelbed was comfortableair conditioningfree breakfastswiss francsnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Although Hotels.com somehow took it upon themselves to cancel my reservation (I hate that sudden paralysed feeling 10,000 miles from home), the staff was kind to fit me in without gouging me. They gave me a lovely room on the street (an ideal street really, for this quaint little city - anything by the old town will be noisy for sure). If you do come in by train and walk, keep going straight from the cross walk through the opening between two buildings, and you are literally at the hotel in less than 5 minutes from the HB. The room is spacious for its rating, clean and kept cool with an automated air system. The breakfast bar is adorable, though the fare is buns, cheese, coffee and juice (eggs are an extra 2.50 each). The main tramway is a block away, so is Starbucks, where you can get a 30 minute free wireless card (a great find in this city of limited open networks). Five blocks away, you can get a FREE bike for the day, which I highly recommend. Food is pricey in Zurich, but if you want a great bowl of pasta, the Zic Rac take away is 10.00; just down from the Starbucks. Our hotel was a super retreat. I looked forward to coming back for an afternoon hiatus and for rest at days end. A very positive experience! Would not think twice about going back to this very same hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mysticalmind
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Just 5 mins walk from the train station, the location of the hotel is excellent and easy to find. There're restaurants downstairs, and a supermarket nearby in 3 mins walk.

The old lady at the frontdesk is very friendly. Her smile has given us such a warm feeling, especially after being kinda interrogated at the Zurich customs for no reason at all.

The room is a bit old, but everything is functional. Our room was facing the street, so it was a bit noisy in the early morning when vehicles are passing by.

The breakfast only included breads and drinks. It is true that you need to pay extra if you want eggs or hams. But I don't mind pay less for the hotel and eat outside.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2008

Stayed for 1 night before departing on an early train from Zurich to Paris. This hotel is an easy 2 minute walk to the main train station so it was perfect for our early train.
Quiet street and quiet hotel.
Easy 5 minute walk to food and shops in the 'old town' and theres a supermarket about 2 minutes walk away.
Hotel staff were helpful.
We had the hotel breakfast which was bread rolls, condiments, coffee and juice. This was included free in the room price.
We had a twin room and it had a shower and toilet. The room is quite dated, but clean and fairly spacious.
Theres a mini bar and an opening window. There was air con, but we didnt need it. We faced the street but did not notice any noise, even with the window open.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveljojo
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Spotless hotel in the most convenient position in a fairly quiet road. Reception and breakfast room staff exceptionally helpful and welcoming. Small shower room/wc but adequate and clean. Would have liked real cheese for breakfast, rather than processed cheese but realise this help reduces waste and keeps costs down, however for a 2 star city hotel it could not be bettered.
We were surprised what a gem Zurich is, beautiful buildings, a magical lake and river flowing through the centre with maybe the best shopping street we have ever visited. Shops for everyone, but no tack.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank compassreaders
Reviewed 19 March 2008

I only hope that when I travel again I will beable to stay in a hotel that was perfect in location, cleanliness, service and helpfulness as I did at the Hotel Arlette. My friend and I traveled to the airport and chose to take the bus to the hotel(although the train would have been perfect and cheaper). We took the train the next evening to our destination and on the way back from our destination we stayed at the Arlette again....walked right to the train and from the train to our hotel. We were able to walk the entire city from the Hotel Arlette. The service was WONDEFUL!!! English was spoken and they knew where we could go for all sorts of things. We felt safe in this hotel. The hotel is also VERY clean.....we were most impressed! I only hope that others will choose this hotel while in Zurich.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends