“The best hotel i stayed in my whole swiss trip”
Review of Storchen Zurich

Storchen Zurich
Ranked #5 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,034 helpful votes
“The best hotel i stayed in my whole swiss trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Room size is big, my advice is do not bother to book the lake view since its much much more expensive but the room was so much smaller than any cheaper room. And the view wasn't really exactly overlooking the lake, but looking beside the lake.

The concierge guy was absolutely helpful. The pick up was a bit messy, when I reach there the pick up guy wasnt arrive yet, and when I approach the white mercedes car he went off. And I need to chase him. They should just gave me the driver phone no or the plate no.

The GM was the one replying to my oh so many questions in facebook page. Never in my whole life I got to talk to a friendly GM, usually any GM that I always encounter in most of the hotel is a snob nose who think he own the hotel and they shouldnt interact to any guests, but storchen is the only hotel that makes me believe what is swiss hospitality should be. And why students went to swiss to study hospitality, only storchen proof it all.

storchen apparently is one of those hotel who are really generous with mineral water. Not any of 5 star hotels I stayed in my whole europe trip do this. I love how they put things for details.

The room was old, but nice and fresh, minibar was stocked very well, they are 650years old, some lil story why the stork logo is there and the three eggs.

I do think the housekeeping manager should check deeper, I found a bottle of water which is not ours behind the curtain and a few chocolate wraps behind the side tables.

They sells more commercial amenities but you can simply call for the room amenities thats provided from the hotels.

Location was nice too, walk a lil bit and you are at bahnhoffstrasse, with all those branded goods. Placed nearby are the chinese restaurant which were looks like a tourist trap but they really serve a good authentic chinese food.

Breakfast was nice the juice of the day was fresh and they make the best berries pies I ever eaten.

Overall storchen did not fail me at all.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PapayaMelon
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

Wow thank you so much for your great and also critical Rating. My Team and I are very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pitty i could not welcome you personally but exactly during these days i was out of town.

We all hope to see you soon again and wish you all the best and a great summer.

Jörg Arnold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sunny Cheshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is situated on the banks of the river, right in the middle of the old city
I have visited this bar several times, on each occasion the service has been excellent.
They serve snacks too, there is no better place in Zurich than to sit on this terrace facing the river on the high chairs, watching the world go by. If it's raining- as it quite often does in Zurich ! No problem it is a covered terrace

• Stayed July 2014
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating. It is great to see that you enjoyed the great location and our services.

We look forward to welcomeing you soon again and wish you a beautiful time.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Since 2008 I am staying only here!
Gorgeous place with the fabulous service which I appreciated a lot.
I absolutely adore this Hotel, as it really unique one. I would definitely recommend it!
My best compliments to Robert! ;)
Many thanks for Storchen team!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest

Wow thank you very much for your kind rating and it is with great joy to see that you had again a very pleasant stay with us. Your loyality flatters us !

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a second review ... just to say the hotel is really an ideally located, comfortable and welcoming place .... over the past fifteen years or so, we (family) happened to visit Zurich 7 times. Usually for a day or two at the end of a Swiss holiday, or in transit from another European country.

Yes, it is relatively expensive. We stayed before in even more luxurious/expensive hotels such as the Savoy and Baur au Lac, also stayed at the slightly more remotely located and more "impersonal" Marriott ... yet I find the Storchen more appealing ... this was our 4th visit and the hotel is keeping up with its standards. You cannot beat the location ... it is very comfortable and clean. I also like its first floor restaurant where we usually have breakfast ... a very satisfying meal to start your day.

Rooms are easily administered to include an extra bed for a child or to have two inter connecting rooms. Helps with a family of four.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherif
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind rating and it is with great joy to see that you had a very pleasant stay with us. And thank you very much for your loyality.

Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this beautiful hotel which is located on the river. We enjoyed the penthouse suite which have a phenomenal view of the mountains and river below. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted at the front desk and promptly showed to our room. There was fresh fruit every day, bottled water, a nepresso machine and chocolates! The wi-fi connection was excellent, no issues. If we are in the area again, we will definitely stay at this hotel. Thank you for a beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Any view of the river is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SondraTexas

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Storchen for a couple of days earlier this month. It was our first stay at this hotel, and we were very happy. I had earlier informed them that our flight arrived at 6.30 am, and requested an early checkin. Happy that they obliged at no extra charge. The room was quite spacious and well furnished with a nice view. Staff were courteous and polite. The concierge helped with a couple of restaurant reservations and taxis. The meal at the hotel restaurant Rotisserie was excellent. The location is very central - the small old lanes of the old town lead to Bahnofstrasse just a few minutes away. Will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind rating and it with great joy to see that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

Johannesburg
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Once again we stayed at the Storchen in Zurich and every stay it seems to be getting better. We arrived very early in the morning and did not expect a room but were hoping that our luggage would be kept for us, while we would stroll through the city. But what a surprise, we were greeted like old friends and to top it off, they had a room ready for us and our two children aged 10 and 7.
We had booked a suite that we stayed in last time, with a sleeper couch in the room for the children. But to our surprise, we got the biggest suite, the only one with a terrace, to enjoy the most exquisite view from the 5th floor. It was huge, with an entrance hall, a bedroom, a sitting room with a sleeper couch, dining room table and office table and two bathrooms. Absolutely beautiful. We had wonderful weather and could make full use of the terrace.
The Storchen is right on the Limmatt, in walking distance from the Bahnhofstrasse, parcs and wonderful restaurants, including Bindella.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, once again we had a most memorable stay, with friendly service, wonderful breakfast and fresh flowers every day in the entrance hall. We will return again and again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanneG
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating and it is a great satisfaction to see that you enjoyed your stay with us specially as a family with children.

We are looking forward to welcomeing you soon again.

best regards