“Storchen doesn't disappoint”

Ranked #5 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Astoria
“Storchen doesn't disappoint”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I've stayed here and it would take something extraordinary to make me go somewhere else. Beautifully decorated and in a prime location (lovely views of the river and the charming buildings opposite), the hotel has a wonderful feel--luxurious but relaxed. The staff is unfailingly polite and helpful. The breakfast features a wide selection of good, fresh food. While not inexpensive, it's worth every penny.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maeve32
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating and it is great to see that also at your third time in the storchen you are still satisfied with our services.

We hope to see you soon again and meanwhile we wish you all the best !

Regards

Jörg Arnold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a wonderful five star Hotel right on the River and one of our favorite stops for a drink when walking along the River. We got the chance to stay here once in the late summer and we had a street side room. I don't think they had air conditioning .....so we opened the window. I had to listen to drunks all night long. It was almost like they knew the Storchen Hotel had open windows so how obnoxious can we be at 3 am. I was not a happy camper ,but the Hotel itself is gorgeous, the restaurant first class and we would stay here again...just not on the street side.

Room Tip: Request a room on the Riverside if possible during warm weather.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your rating and your nice words. It is great to see that you enjoy our Hotel and our services. Just to let you know that we have in all rooms air conditioning since 1996 but as soon you open the window it all stops for economical reasons.

We look forward to welcomeing you soon again in the Storchen and wish you all the best.

Regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,034 helpful votes
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Room size is big, my advice is do not bother to book the lake view since its much much more expensive but the room was so much smaller than any cheaper room. And the view wasn't really exactly overlooking the lake, but looking beside the lake.

The concierge guy was absolutely helpful. The pick up was a bit messy, when I reach there the pick up guy wasnt arrive yet, and when I approach the white mercedes car he went off. And I need to chase him. They should just gave me the driver phone no or the plate no.

The GM was the one replying to my oh so many questions in facebook page. Never in my whole life I got to talk to a friendly GM, usually any GM that I always encounter in most of the hotel is a snob nose who think he own the hotel and they shouldnt interact to any guests, but storchen is the only hotel that makes me believe what is swiss hospitality should be. And why students went to swiss to study hospitality, only storchen proof it all.

storchen apparently is one of those hotel who are really generous with mineral water. Not any of 5 star hotels I stayed in my whole europe trip do this. I love how they put things for details.

The room was old, but nice and fresh, minibar was stocked very well, they are 650years old, some lil story why the stork logo is there and the three eggs.

I do think the housekeeping manager should check deeper, I found a bottle of water which is not ours behind the curtain and a few chocolate wraps behind the side tables.

They sells more commercial amenities but you can simply call for the room amenities thats provided from the hotels.

Location was nice too, walk a lil bit and you are at bahnhoffstrasse, with all those branded goods. Placed nearby are the chinese restaurant which were looks like a tourist trap but they really serve a good authentic chinese food.

Breakfast was nice the juice of the day was fresh and they make the best berries pies I ever eaten.

Overall storchen did not fail me at all.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PapayaMelon
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

Wow thank you so much for your great and also critical Rating. My Team and I are very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pitty i could not welcome you personally but exactly during these days i was out of town.

We all hope to see you soon again and wish you all the best and a great summer.

Sunny Cheshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is situated on the banks of the river, right in the middle of the old city
I have visited this bar several times, on each occasion the service has been excellent.
They serve snacks too, there is no better place in Zurich than to sit on this terrace facing the river on the high chairs, watching the world go by. If it's raining- as it quite often does in Zurich ! No problem it is a covered terrace

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating. It is great to see that you enjoyed the great location and our services.

We look forward to welcomeing you soon again and wish you a beautiful time.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Since 2008 I am staying only here!
Gorgeous place with the fabulous service which I appreciated a lot.
I absolutely adore this Hotel, as it really unique one. I would definitely recommend it!
My best compliments to Robert! ;)
Many thanks for Storchen team!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest

Wow thank you very much for your kind rating and it is with great joy to see that you had again a very pleasant stay with us. Your loyality flatters us !

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a second review ... just to say the hotel is really an ideally located, comfortable and welcoming place .... over the past fifteen years or so, we (family) happened to visit Zurich 7 times. Usually for a day or two at the end of a Swiss holiday, or in transit from another European country.

Yes, it is relatively expensive. We stayed before in even more luxurious/expensive hotels such as the Savoy and Baur au Lac, also stayed at the slightly more remotely located and more "impersonal" Marriott ... yet I find the Storchen more appealing ... this was our 4th visit and the hotel is keeping up with its standards. You cannot beat the location ... it is very comfortable and clean. I also like its first floor restaurant where we usually have breakfast ... a very satisfying meal to start your day.

Rooms are easily administered to include an extra bed for a child or to have two inter connecting rooms. Helps with a family of four.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherif
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind rating and it is with great joy to see that you had a very pleasant stay with us. And thank you very much for your loyality.

Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this beautiful hotel which is located on the river. We enjoyed the penthouse suite which have a phenomenal view of the mountains and river below. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted at the front desk and promptly showed to our room. There was fresh fruit every day, bottled water, a nepresso machine and chocolates! The wi-fi connection was excellent, no issues. If we are in the area again, we will definitely stay at this hotel. Thank you for a beautiful stay.

Room Tip: Any view of the river is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple