“Plan to stay here on another trip”
Review of Storchen Zurich

Storchen Zurich
Ranked #5 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I did quite a bit of research before booking in Zurich and, as we were arriving late and travelling early the following morning, didn't book into the Storchen because of the short stay. On a walk through the town, we thought the hotel was in a lovely location and could see the terrace restaurant that I'd read about which looks very pretty. There are some nice spots to sit outside by the river so I would definitely plan to stay here on another trip to Zurich.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ASWh
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Guest

It is great to see that you consider to stay in our Hotel during your next stay in Zurich. We dearly look forward to welcoeming you and make you feel at home.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I have stayed at the Storchen before and was really impressed, however I was somewhat disappointed to have been placed in a smoking room with lots of air fresheners. In the end I had to call reception and enquire whether the room was designated for smokers, to which I was informed they are not smoking rooms, but, if people smoke that's ok which I found surprising. I was moved, but to another smoking room, the smell not as bad but really affected my sleep.

Room service were very helpful and made me something off of the menu.

A nice hotel, but was rather concerned at the room and then moving me to another smoking room was not good, I had been travelling all day and it was late upon arrival and I didn't insist on a third room, which I would do if the same happened again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Geust

Thank you very much for your remarks and i apologize for the inconveniences you had to go through.

Indeed it is a problem with the smoking rooms and we decided that we will gradually get rid of the smoking rooms.

We appreciate your remarks and promise to make sure that your next stay will be in a absolute smoke free room.

Best regards and all the best

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Hotel is idially located on the river shore, in the old town of Zurich and not far from the main station. The staff overall (especially reception employees) were very friendly and always attentive.
Our room was very clean and well equipped with all amenities needed and sleep quality was eycellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, even if it is more expensive.
1  Thank AgapiosP

Dear Guest

Great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us during your VDH Meeting. Thank you so much for your kind rating and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This Hotel has such rich history and charm that it oozes out of every stairwell, fabric and taste and is a wonderful romantic getaway. The staff is helpful and assertive but not to the point of overbearing. Nikita, the concierge, went above and beyond and was able to assist us with all of our needs. He gave us wonderful places to go in Zurich that were a bit more on the local fare of things which is exactly what we had asked for. The restaurant was on par with some of the finest in Europe and the services was exquisite. The view of the sunrise from the lake side rooms was a wonderful way to start the day. There are excellent routes for early morning runs along the Limmat and Lake Zurich too. This is an ideal location for a first time stay in Zurich. The one issue that I had and did not issue 5 stars was I asked the front desk to look into an issue the room had with its power source, this was not fixed or addressed. All in all it was an very good stay.

Room Tip: Room 424 was superb with lake views and early morning sunrises...

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind rating and it is great to see that not only the location and Zurich made you feel good but also our staff,

We hope to see you soon again and wish you a wonderful fall !

Reviewed 26 August 2014

What a wonderful first experience we had at the Storchen, the rooms are lovely old world modern, immaculately clean and up to date, the staff are attentive to your needs and always happy to help.

I do not review hotels as a rule, but felt this needed to be praised, I would recommend you stay here if you get the chance. it's close to everything the old town and lake offers and is a must.

To the staff keep doing what you do you are great.

Wayne Bourke
Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: The rooms at the front looking over the river are lovely .

Dear Wayne Bourke

thank you so much for your kind rating and we are happy to match your expactations and hope to see so many more great people from Australia !

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have traveled a lot and stayed in some of the best hotels in the US, Japan, Hong Kong and France, among others. This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The location was great - downtown right in the middle of everything. The service was fantastic - from the front desk to the concierge to the restaurant. No one could have possibly provided better service than they did. The rooms were also wonderful. My brother and his family were upgraded to a junior suite at no charge because they needed a room big enough for three kids. The food in the restaurant was also excellent. Everything was great. I highly recommend this hotel for business, couples, families, friends or solo.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ChiyoIR
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating and it is fantastic to see how you were able to enjoy the stay with us.

We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the third time I've stayed here and it would take something extraordinary to make me go somewhere else. Beautifully decorated and in a prime location (lovely views of the river and the charming buildings opposite), the hotel has a wonderful feel--luxurious but relaxed. The staff is unfailingly polite and helpful. The breakfast features a wide selection of good, fresh food. While not inexpensive, it's worth every penny.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Maeve32
StorchenZurich, Geschäftsführer at Storchen Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest

thank you very much for your kind rating and it is great to see that also at your third time in the storchen you are still satisfied with our services.

We hope to see you soon again and meanwhile we wish you all the best !

Regards