All reviews old town the ground floor walking distance to everything small hotel hotel is great room key breakfast buffet good size location lake tram keys
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Yes, the hotel is clean and well-designed. But to arrive in 90 degree F (33 Celsius) weather from the States and be put in a room with no a/c, and a tiny fan that did nothing, was absolutely ridiculous. I could not sleep in the afternoon to try to get rid of jetlag and after attending the opera and dinner with friends from Zurich, could not sleep at all the whole night, even after taking continual cold showers to try to reduce my body heat. I drank so much water I had to resort to drinking one bottle from the fridge, which of course they charged me for. Everything was "Sorry. We don't have a/c." At that price it is unconscionable. At least offer the guest some bottled water. I cancelled a return booking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank MikeLaw62
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

This really well located in the Altstadt as per the name but walking distance to everything. Breakfast is also really good to get you going. Only negative was that the little Thai restaurant staff next door make a ruckus as they close after late trading. Super friendly staff and best rooms.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank FoodCritiques
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Pros: modern, clean, amenities
Cons: not within walking distance of Zurich HB, staff not offer much information about Zurich nor were enthusiastic about their city.

Over all this hotel is great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The room is small but comfortable
Small tablet in the room for internet but free wifi is included
Room is clean and newly appointed
Great staff and light breakfast included
No stationary
Each room is themed to a writer but my rooms writer is all in German but the thought is nice
I would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank utt959
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We are a family of 4. We stayed at this hotel at the end of December. Small hotel, in the center of the old town, close to everything and a short walking distance to tram stations, super-markets, shops and attractions. Rooms are not big, but we were surprised since they were bigger than we expected for such a location. The rooms are spotlessly clean, very tidy and in great condition. Breakfast is very good, with a big variety. Prices are typical to Zurich. What is great about this hotel are the people behind it. We had some health issues and they were so helpfull with everything! Thank-you so much for helping us and letting us feel at home. We will defenetily come again when in Zurich.
Almagor Family