“Close to station, nice rooms, good bar”

Sternen Oerlikon Hotel
Ranked #29 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Close to station, nice rooms, good bar”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is in Oerlikon, just a 5 minute train ride from the Airport. It's a short walk from the station. Staff were very welcoming, we were offered a free drink of our choice on arrival, the rooms were clean, airy and spacious and the breakfast was good. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank David_Cotton
hotelsternenoerlikon, Manager at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mr. Cotton

Thank you very much for your feedback and for sharing your experiences with other travellers.

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that we could persuade you with our hospitality.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again another time.

host

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here with my wife for an overnight stay for a concert. The day before I arrive, I made a last minute request for rose petals on the bed which the staff was more than happy to oblige! We both enjoyed the area and will beback soon!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Legacy87
Dear traveller

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

It will be a pleasure to welcoming you back again very soon.

Festus
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were very surprised by the great hospitality and the cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. When we arrived the staff checked us in quickly and answered our questions about Zurich. There were chocolates and waters waiting for us in our room and we received complimentary drinks from the bar. The bed was large and comfortable to sleep on. It was a convenient drive to the airport. The tram stop is also very close. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lauren L
sternenoerlikon, Geschäftsführer at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Lauren

Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we could satisfy you with our service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Hotel Sternen Oerlikon.

Sincerely yours
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The minute I stepped in the hotel I knew that it was the right choice for me. I was a solo traveler and it was my first time in Zurich. Getting to the hotel is easy - it's just a 20-min Tram ride (Tram 10) and you get-off at the station named after the hotel (Sternen Oerlikon). Then, walk straight for about 2 mins and you are there!
Reception was very warm plus you get a welcome drink as well. I arrived during lunch time so I tried their brasserie and the food was great! They have a business lunch so you can also find locals dining at this place. Just a confirmation that this is not just for people staying at the hotel who have no choice.
The room was very nice and clean. It had a very good interior design and made the most of the space. Looks very much like a designer hotel for me. There is enough room for one to work in plus wifi is free! You can get as many access as the number of devices you have. The connection was good and was able to get work done in no time.
Over-all, I would definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: My room was perfect and I didnt have any special requests.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Chrislalu
sternenoerlikon, Geschäftsführer at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest

Sincerely yours
Union City, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Close to Airport,Main train Station,Zurich Center,Nice clean room,decent size, Warm & friendly staff,Exelent breakfast,a lot of tv channel,no Fitness room, by 3 times I stay in that hotel ,allways good service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Oscar M
hotelsternenoerlikon, General Manager at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Traveller

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is nice to see that you share your positiv experiences with other travellers.

We are glad to read, that you enjoyed our service and hospitality already serveral times.

It will be a pleasure welcoming you back again soon.

Solothurn
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very warm welcome, nice rooms, very good food at the brasserie and friendly staff: an employee even took a picture of our family before the meal! :) and very close to the Hallenstadium (a 10 min 's walk by foot)! Go for it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank Danièle J
hotelsternenoerlikon, General Manager at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Danièle

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a great time at the Brasserie Ö.

We would be happy to welcoming you again during your next stay in Zurich.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I usually stay at the nearby Swissotel, but as it was fully booked for the first night of my 5 day stay in Zurich, I thought to try the Sternen, the room rate was about 25% lower.

The room was twice the size of the Swissotel, more than ample area for the couch, table & 2 chairs, plus desk and two twin beds.

The room was clean, bright, quiet, the heated floor in the bathroom warmed my heart as well as my feet.

While I appreciated receiving a welcome drink coupon, upon arrival, unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to use it, and similarly they offer a solid breakfast at half the price of the Swissotel.

The Sternen staff was very attentive, polite and helpful, if I hadn't already confirmed the balance of my stay at the Swisotel I would have happily remained at the Sternen.

Room Tip: Maybe I had such a large and quiet room as it was the first room in the back side next to the elevat...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank William G
hotelsternenoerlikon, Manager at Sternen Oerlikon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Mr. William

Thank you very much for your reply and the great feedback to your stay at the Hotel Sternen Oerlikon. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our hospitality and services.

We would be happy to welcoming you again in our hotel during your next stay at Zurich.