“Predictable Standards and Value For Money”

ibis Zurich Messe Airport
Ranked #73 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early Nov. The complimentary airport shuttle was on time both ways. I was very graciously permitted an early check in, well before the official check in time. The lady at the reception was very pleasant and very nicely answered all my questions regarding moving around. A Coop (supermarket) store as well as the tram stop, which takes you the city, are just about a 5 minute walk away. Despite the hotel being about 6 kms close to the airport, the room was absolutely quiet and peaceful. If you have an event at the WTC, this should be the hotel of your choice. They maintain the IBIS standard and there were no surprises.
The hotel is in an industrial area, so the options for dining and eating out are very limited. Make sure you carry an umbrella with you, should it rain, and should you need to walk to the supermarket or the tram station, or even the WTC. If you are particular about your toiletries, please carry your own with you as the hotel, in typical IBIS style, provided a generic washing liquid.
Overall, it was a predictable and value for money experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was only in Zurich for a business trip. When I happened to stay in this hotel, my personal experience of the hotel in general was amazing. Though it was a great experience living in the hotel, it was a bad start in the restaurant, due to the lack of English skills among the employees, leading to a bad start of the weekend, when a female employee was angry with me for not speaking German or Spanish. Later that evening I had dinner at the restaurant and I noticed the presence of a native English speaker who was also available during breakfast hours, but was not notified as an English speaker when I requested for one. Tanvir, the fine young gentleman, had served me during that dinner, and had made me feel like being at home in a foreign country, as he was able to speak Arabic.Overall my stay at Ibis was amazing, and my overall review of Ibis is fantastic in terms of guest service and hospitality. I would really recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Ibismesse, Manager at ibis Zurich Messe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Abdul A
First of all, I would like to thank you for your joyful review, that I will share with Tanvir with pleasure. The greatest compliment for us is to hear, that "you felt like at home" as you write. We really hope to welcome you again soon and we will continue to improve our services for our guests.
With kind regards from Switzerland
Gisela Bolle & the ibis team

Reviewed 3 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This is my first experience with the IBIS chain and I am really impressed. The room is fairly large, it has everything we need. No extra stuff that generates waste (I'm really into the Eco thing) and the pricing is very reasonable.
We got in past midnight and were hungry. The kitchen downstairs is open 24 hours so they made us lasagna. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely look at the IBIS chain for my travels in Europe.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Love2TravelnEat
Thank you very much indeed! It is true, that if you attach importance to sustainability, you can rely on the ibis hotels. You can find out more under this link http://www.ibis.com/gb/discovering-ibis/environment.shtml.
In our restaurant at Zürich we privilege regional and seasonal products, we support fair trade and Swiss tradition. It would be a pleasure for us to serve you in our Swiss Bistro next time and we wish you all the best.
Cordially,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was only staying here for one nigh as our business offices are not too far away from this location. The room was clean and tidy albeit small and the check-in was easy and courteous. Unfortunately on the night I was staying, there was a rather large party of people on my floor and they were running around making noise for most of the night. Not so pleasant. Free wifi was great & bathroom was very modern with a really good shower. Also they lent me a UK -> Swiss adaptor for free which was great. Would maybe consider a return depending on how much the hotel nearest the office is next time.

Dear bexiboo09
Thank you very much for this detailed feedback.
Our reception is manned 24h and we are doing control circuits regularly at night to avoid inconveniences and to guarantee security. I deeply regret, that you have been disturbed by other guests anyway. Please accept my sincerest excuse.
We would be more than happy to be the hotel of your choice next time, when you are travelling to Zurich.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Ibis in Zurich and I enjoyed my stay.It was well run , my room was super clean and functional with a modern minimalist furnishings.The Staff were all courteous and friendly.
I was especially pleased to see they supported Fair Trade Products and were actively marketing the use of fair trade produce. Positioned on the out skirts of Zurich but still part of the city and close to the excellent public transport network. There was green field in front of the hotel with some cows grazing on the field in front of the hotel. This was a lovely touch and gave me the feeling of being more in the Swiss countryside.I recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Ibismesse, Manager at ibis Zurich Messe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Schiess
Thank you so much for this great review.
We are very happy, that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and appreciate your positive feedback.
Indeed, we are supporting fair traded products and offer a large choice of them, as well as regional and seasonal food. It is a pleasure to see, that our guests appreciate this approach.
We hope very much to welcome you again soon and wish you all the best.
Cordially,