“Convenient for an early flight”

ibis Zurich Messe Airport
Ranked #71 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Paris, France
“Convenient for an early flight”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Like most people I have chosen this Ibis hotel because I had an early flight in the morning, and they have a free shuttle service running everything 30 minutes from 4:55.

A positive point of this hotel is the restaurant. I had dinner twice, it was consistently good. It is good to note as there is almost no eating option around. Breakfast starts from 5:00, which is great for early birds, and the food selection is nice too.

This hotel was recently renovated. I paid the weekend price which is a good deal. The area is very quiet at night, bus 781 stops nearby but it does not run often. It takes about 30-40 minutes to reach the central station by tram.

There are just a few minor things I did not like:
- In my bathroom, the shower door leaked and as often at Ibis there was no tissues
- Poor TV channel selection (no CNN, no BBC, no French channels)
- In the room, there was no paper and pencil to take notes

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Otherguru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Pune, India
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early Nov. The complimentary airport shuttle was on time both ways. I was very graciously permitted an early check in, well before the official check in time. The lady at the reception was very pleasant and very nicely answered all my questions regarding moving around. A Coop (supermarket) store as well as the tram stop, which takes you the city, are just about a 5 minute walk away. Despite the hotel being about 6 kms close to the airport, the room was absolutely quiet and peaceful. If you have an event at the WTC, this should be the hotel of your choice. They maintain the IBIS standard and there were no surprises.
The hotel is in an industrial area, so the options for dining and eating out are very limited. Make sure you carry an umbrella with you, should it rain, and should you need to walk to the supermarket or the tram station, or even the WTC. If you are particular about your toiletries, please carry your own with you as the hotel, in typical IBIS style, provided a generic washing liquid.
Overall, it was a predictable and value for money experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was only in Zurich for a business trip. When I happened to stay in this hotel, my personal experience of the hotel in general was amazing. Though it was a great experience living in the hotel, it was a bad start in the restaurant, due to the lack of English skills among the employees, leading to a bad start of the weekend, when a female employee was angry with me for not speaking German or Spanish. Later that evening I had dinner at the restaurant and I noticed the presence of a native English speaker who was also available during breakfast hours, but was not notified as an English speaker when I requested for one. Tanvir, the fine young gentleman, had served me during that dinner, and had made me feel like being at home in a foreign country, as he was able to speak Arabic.Overall my stay at Ibis was amazing, and my overall review of Ibis is fantastic in terms of guest service and hospitality. I would really recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ibismesse, Manager at ibis Zurich Messe Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Abdul A
First of all, I would like to thank you for your joyful review, that I will share with Tanvir with pleasure. The greatest compliment for us is to hear, that "you felt like at home" as you write. We really hope to welcome you again soon and we will continue to improve our services for our guests.
With kind regards from Switzerland
Gisela Bolle & the ibis team
Lake Forest Park, Washington
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This is my first experience with the IBIS chain and I am really impressed. The room is fairly large, it has everything we need. No extra stuff that generates waste (I'm really into the Eco thing) and the pricing is very reasonable.
We got in past midnight and were hungry. The kitchen downstairs is open 24 hours so they made us lasagna. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely look at the IBIS chain for my travels in Europe.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Love2TravelnEat
Thank you very much indeed! It is true, that if you attach importance to sustainability, you can rely on the ibis hotels. You can find out more under this link http://www.ibis.com/gb/discovering-ibis/environment.shtml.
In our restaurant at Zürich we privilege regional and seasonal products, we support fair trade and Swiss tradition. It would be a pleasure for us to serve you in our Swiss Bistro next time and we wish you all the best.
Cordially,