“good ibis as usual”

ibis Zurich Messe Airport
Ranked #73 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Very convenient. The rooms are small but the service is nice and the free shuttle to the airport is a plus. I had few hours in the afternoon, so I took the shuttle back to the airport and in ten minutes I was downtown Zurich for walk and dinner. Then, train back to the airport and shuttle to the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gianluca1056
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is a clean hotel, is close to the airport. I personally find the rooms rather sparse and for me the beds and pillows are uncomfortable, a general comment I've heard from several of my colleagues.
The breakfast is good, but I found the room service choice and quality to be rather poor.
It has a very small gym and sauna.
There's a lovely park area across the road (not visible from the hotel, but just a 5 minute walk).
I would only recommend for a short business stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tal B
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I decided to treat my boyfriend to a suprise weekend away to Zurich for the christmas markets as the flights were the cheapest compared to the rest of europe for this time of year and at such short notice. As i was on a bit of a tight budget, and reading the reviews I decided to book this Hotel as it was a very good price for Zurich.
Im so glad I did! It was a fantastic stay from the pick up at the airport to the minute we were dropped back by the shuttle (the drivers were very pleasant and welcoming).
When we arrived (I have to make a special mention to Nichola) he was also very welcoming and friendly, giving us all the info we would need to get about the city and also free wifi access codes which was just great.
We're a young couple who love to explore so being in the heart of the industrial side was not a problem for us as it was so easy to walk 10mins up the road to the tram stop. Trams are very frequent and being further out means you get to see more on the way in to the centre! We decided to walk to the main train station on the first day(about 20mins) to get a 3day pass which covers trams, trains and buses. You can buy 24hour passes at the reception desk in the hotel if your not keen on walking too far.
Also on the way to the tram stop is a coOp shop... For any conveniences.
I kept my eye on the prices of restaurant menus in the city centre, all Very expensive but in Switzerland you cant not try the food! Luckily the hotel bistro offered the same foods but for a fair amount less (i.e in town a fondue was around 35CHF but at the hotel it was 25CHF) so we ate here both nights and the food was amazing!! Also loved the potato rosti!
Fondue was enough for 2 though!
I would like to say that the 2 waiters that served us were also very nice, friendly and helpful when i wanted to know more about the food.
Breakfast was nice, typical continental... Eggs, croissants, fruit etc. youre not going to go hungry and us english expect to have fry ups everywhere we go but we dont actually need them! You must have a hot chocolate though.... Amazing!
The room was adequate size, you dont need much when youre spending hardly any time in there! The bed was really comfy, it was all clean and a decent shower. Perfect!
The other highlight was being 15minute walk to the local stadium where the Zurich lions ice hockey team play... We were lucky enough for there to be a match on during our stay and so decided to go, especially as Nichola had gone out of his way to find out the prices for us. They were reasonable!
The customer service was exceptional for us and if we come back to zurich we would definately stay here!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StaceyMike1
Ibismesse, Manager at ibis Zurich Messe Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear StaceyMike1
Thank you so much for your great comment! We are very happy, that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay in Zürich.
The ibis staff wish you all the best for 2014 and hope to welcome you again soon!
Gisela Bolle & team
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Like most people I have chosen this Ibis hotel because I had an early flight in the morning, and they have a free shuttle service running everything 30 minutes from 4:55.

A positive point of this hotel is the restaurant. I had dinner twice, it was consistently good. It is good to note as there is almost no eating option around. Breakfast starts from 5:00, which is great for early birds, and the food selection is nice too.

This hotel was recently renovated. I paid the weekend price which is a good deal. The area is very quiet at night, bus 781 stops nearby but it does not run often. It takes about 30-40 minutes to reach the central station by tram.

There are just a few minor things I did not like:
- In my bathroom, the shower door leaked and as often at Ibis there was no tissues
- Poor TV channel selection (no CNN, no BBC, no French channels)
- In the room, there was no paper and pencil to take notes

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business