“Quiet, not so clean”

Sorell Hotel Seidenhof
Ranked #46 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a quiet hotel despite its central location. I had a sparsely furnished room of Ikea-like furniture, a single bed with a flat doughy mattress and a tiny duvet. It was generally fine and I slept well enough though (jet lag helped). The only free table in the room has a big platter of mini-bar items, and takes up the entire table. I moved it to a cupboard so I could use the table, and the cleaning staff moved it back every day. The cleanliness of the room was disappointing - there were tiny hairs from someone's prior shaving still stuck to the edges of the sink. Perhaps they should focus on cleaning the room instead of rearranging the contents for maximum profit. The air conditioner kept dripping water onto the floor. The included breakfast was fantastic, very comprehensive.

1  Thank Sparkian
Hotel S, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Seidenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Sir

Many thanks for taking the time to give some feedback. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the cleaning service. Please be sure, that will do our utmost to improve our service immediately and it would be nice, if we could prove ourselves during your next visit and to show that we can be better than the last time.

Yours sincerely,

Matthias Ramer

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My opinion is very negative. The furniture in bathroom was not cleaned before I arrived. I found somebody's feces on the furniture. There was a water falling down from the air conditioner after I turned it off. So to sum up: I was taking a shower in a dirty bathroom and sleeping with the water on the floor. My colleague staying in other room found somebody's pants on the handle when she was trying to close the door. Does somebody clean these rooms there?!
Enough?
I guess/
I travel a lot but this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Alex M

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay at the Sorell Hotel Seidenhof. We agree that is not the service you could expect at our hotel. Therefore we deeply apologize for all inconveniences you received during your stay and would be grateful, if you could give us a second chance, to convince you next time with our first class service we normally provide. Please contact me personally for your next reservation and we would be pleased to welcome you at the Seidenhof again.

Yours sincerely,

Matthias Ramer

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was extremely nice and helpfull. I would go back and stay because of them. The room was very clean and comfortable The rate was not very satisfactory but I guess the pricing in Zürich is like that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sukanca
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here early July for 4 nights after a train tour, and couldn't be happier with both my choice of hotel and it's wonderful staff. Booked online several months prior and got an excellent rate, plus did not have to pay till I got to Zurich. As I was going on a tour, they happily stored some of my luggage during this 9 days,..much appreciated! I found ALL staff to be thoroughly professional, friendly and helpful. This included the staff in the attached breakfast room/restaurant where the included breakfast (hot/cold) was most substantial, and even included smoked salmon. Central location to the Bahnhofstrasse, rail station, river and shops was a plus. Room design was thoughtfully laid out, quiet (despite being central), toiletries, weight scales, plenty of storage space, hooks for jackets, and even has a shoe shine machine on each floor. Only problem was the TV where 2 of the 3 English stations kept dropping out at night ..was being fixed as I left.
But the big plus is the staff. They went over and beyond to assist guests, (not just myself) with a myriad of requests, always with patience and a smile. Big thanks to M. Paparis and staff for a most memorable stay. This will be my hotel of choice for my next stay. Highly recommend !

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I wish I could give this a VERY GOOD but in all honesty I can't.
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is central but quiet. Good shopping, restaurants, etc nearby. Clean rooms are tiny but practical and have everything you need. The second best thing is the helpful staff. We had an Argentine young man who could not have been more helpful about everything. But there are a few issues that were disappointing at these prices. The rooms are clean but very spartan. The carpets in the hallways are really dirty which give a bad impression. The wifi is ridiculously difficult to access and drops continually. In this day and age that is not acceptable. If these things were improved this would be a very good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 33map
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great location, everything we wanted to do or needed to access was within walking distance. The main train station is easily accessible and we walked to/from there with luggage! Customer service was excellent even during the booking process. They even held our luggage til late in the evening on the day we checked out. We had a double room which was cozy but very functional. For a 3-3.5 star hotel, we found that the price that we paid was spot on. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Seidenhof Hotel is in the center of the city, has an excellent access to everywhere around Bahnhofstrasse. But the room rates are very expensive especially for single accommodation. The rooms are small but functional-practical.

1  Thank Hanzade T