Hotel Florhof
US$232
US$204
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$246
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Leoneck Swiss Hotel(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$185
Travelocity
US$227
US$440
US$423
  • Room Service
All reviewscharming hotelold townlarge luggagestyle hotelnice amenitiesearly departurestay there againno air conditioningstayed one nightnice breakfastcentral locationwithin walking distancenight's sleeprooms are smalltram stationbusiness tripuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Let's be honest: the building itself, with the backyard terrace, is beautiful, and the location is great, making it a paradise of calm right in the city. And do not forget, for those interested, that the splendid Museum of Art is just 200 m away.

This said, I was a little bit bothered by noises, like the ones coming out from the other room's bathroom. It sounded so clear that I really thought there was somebody in MY bathroom. But the most annoying one was definitely done by the vacuum cleaner in the corridor at 9h30 in the morning. It really made me feel like they wanted to be sure to have all their clients awake and up, so they'll clear the place as soon as possible. And this is indeed what I did!

And I can say that, when it comes to service, I was a little bit disappointed. Not to say it was bad, but it was indeed below the average swiss standard.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank philoupe
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our family spent two weeks in Europe, and this was the WORST hotel experience that
we had the entire time! We arrived late around 7pm. We were given rooms 332 and 337
across from one another. Neither room had A/C. Room 332 is across from an apt. building
and when you open the ONE window, the people in the other building are looking into your
room. There was no privacy. If we had arrived sooner, then I would have gone to another hotel. We went to eat dinner and it started to rain. We could not
open the window or the rain would come in. I went downstairs and asked the man at
reception for a fan. He told me that they didn't have any more. They had all been given out
even though some were reserved for some of the rooms. It was UNBEARABLE with the heat.
We were traveling with our 2 boys. My husband and my 11 year old son stayed in Room 332
where the neighbor next door was looking into their room. My other son and I stayed in Room
337 where there was privacy, but still UNBEARABLE HOT with the windows open.
We mentioned this to the man working at the desk the next morning, and he said "Sorry".
We went to eat breakfast in town, since we were not going to pay 35 francs for breakfast per person. My boys don't eat that much food. My husband was not happy about the situation and asked to speak to a manager. The girl working there had to call someone to give us a 10% discount on our bill, which was an insult! We paid over $600 for one night! The company owes
us a refund on the one room at the least! This hotel should have a fan in every room,
especially the rooms that face the apartment building where there is no privacy.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the terrace was the reason that I booked the hotel.
Unfortunately, if you are unbearably hot and cannot sleep all night, then the beauty of
the hotel means nothing! Such a disappointment in the hotel company that they didn't refund us
the full amount of the room. I'm sure they can afford it.
If the owners read this review, then please do the "right thing" and refund the Lind family
their hotel stay. They also charged us for parking as well. Such a disappointment!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel if you like A/C. Shower very small as well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lynette L
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed one night. With surrounding gardens, the hotel has the look of a distinctive B&B. It is convenient to easy-to-use bus lines, and is an easy walk to downtown attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. The patio, surrounded by plants, was a great place to relax with drinks before dinner. The breakfast room was fancy, and the food offerings were of average quality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The room was tastefully decorated and the hotel provides all the modern comforts, from robes to safes. Breakfast was delicious, but please note, you can order specialty coffees and eggs, prepared as you wish, but I was not told that until my third day at the hotel. Nice tea (for a fee). Good location for touring old city or the university.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Florhof for three nights in October 2013 on the recommendation of friends and they were kind enough to host us for lunch in this charming boutique hotel.
The Florhof sits above Zurich on the City’s edge. It is out of the main thoroughfares but well located adjacent to the old and new city and all of Zurich’s attractions. All are within easy walking distance; nothing is more than 20 minutes away.
Not only is the location charming but so is the hotel. It reminds one of a ‘country house’ with the décor to match. Guests feel very much at home surrounded by paintings, books and the bric a brac of daily life. The attention guests receive has a ‘family’ feel and nothing is too much trouble. All staff we met were focussed on ensuring we were comfortable and enjoying Zurich.
Rooms are very pleasant and clean, everything works. Space for putting away your gear is limited and some extra draws would be helpful. Free Wi Fi is available throughout the hotel. There is heating but no air conditioning or cooling.
The Florhof has an elegant restaurant [not open on Sundays except for breakfast]. It is classic Swiss with flowers, flawless white table clothes, shining crystal and silver ware. It enjoys natural light on three sides and looks out over a garden. Food was good, elegantly presented and served. Our waiter was genteel, civil and full of care. The wine list was extensive and focussed on Swiss wines and fine single malt whiskies. The white merlot chosen by our host was a delight. Our luncheon was long and relaxing as the Florhof lends itself to leisurely fine dining and does it well. It was easy to sit and solve the problems of the World.
We could think of no better place to enjoy our time in Zurich.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple