“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very close to the central station. I stayed two different times. Rooms are of ample size and have newly renovated bathrooms. The rooms are slightly dated, but are clean with your basic hotel goodies. Breakfast is included and offers a reasonable continental breakfast. I found the front desk to be very helpful and willing to go out of their way to assist me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the corner of the building. They seem to be a little bigger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mike O
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear MikeO.

I just wanted to say thank you for your postive review. Your nice words about our team make me very proud. We know we have the perfect location for a city trip or even to explore Switzerland, but at the end it is the quality of service that makes the difference. I'm really happy that we were able to even exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your time and the great feedback. I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon.

Kurt Wodiczka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Grantham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have stayed here many times, and have found the location to be ideal. Right next to the Bahnhof, old town, museums and restaurants. The staff really makes the place and couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are small but very functional, clean and well appointed. Breakfast is adequate. We will no doubt use this hotel again next winter.

Room Tip: Try for a room that doesn't face the bus terminal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Jenna C.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and thank you even more for being a loyal customer at the Walhalla Hotel Zurich. I really appreciate your feedback and I'm happy that we were able to meet your expectations. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again at the Walhalla Hotel - Your Gateway to Switzerland and your Business hub in Zurich.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We only stayed one night, being in transit from the airport to our resort using the railway. The hotel we usually use in Zurich is being refurbished so we had to trawl the internet to find a good, conveniently-located, value-for-money alternative. The Walhalla proved to be just what we needed so next time we will have to think hard about which of the two hotels to choose!

Service: we saw 2 different receptionists and both were pleasant, efficient and helpful. The man in charge of the breakfast buffet was obliging and found us some decaffeinated coffee when asked.
Value: good, especially for the location in a very expensive city.
Sleep quality: the bed was comfy and the curtains made the room very dark, which I like. Despite the trams and other traffic outside, there was very little noise - but this might have been different had we needed to have the windows open.
Cleanliness: could not fault it.
Location: within 2 minutes walk of the main station, so absolutely excellent. Not far from the posh shopping street, about 15 minutes walk from the Old Town, several restaurants nearby.
Rooms: we were given a family room for just the 2 of us so there was more than enough space. In addition to the twin beds with bedside tables, we had a folding bed, a desk, 2 armchairs & an occasional table as well as a wardrobe. The shower room was huge as was the shower - in the space it occupied, a full-sized bath could have been fitted. The bottle of water and welcome sign awaiting us in the room was a nice touch.
Other: we breakfasted at 0800 hours. There was plenty of most items, the cold meats choice was huge, but some bread baskets were empty and did not look like being refilled.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Filisur.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure reading your positiv comments. Your words make me very proud of the team and it shows me that we are on the right track. Success is never final and I promiss you, we will strive to continue that road.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We chose this hotel because it was within walking distance of the train station. It was an excellent choice -- the staff was so helpful. We had to leave very early in the morning and they provided us with some breakfast items to take with us -- that was very much appreciated! The room was very nice -- beds comfortable. We were over the street, but with the window closed you did not hear any noise. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C S
Dear C S.

Thank you very much for your outstanding feedback. It was a great pleasure for me to read your positive comments about our team and the service quality. Last year we renovated our bathrooms and this year we upgraded our rooms with coffee and tea stations. Our Comfort rooms got ironing boards and some more decoration. But at the end you are right, service quality makes the difference in our industry and I'm very proud of my team and happy to read that they went the extra mile for you. We will definitely continue this road and I hope to welcome you again.

Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Love the staff. They are there to take care of you and help in any way you need including restaurant recommendations. Rooms are small but very clean. Breakfast is very good and included.
I will stay here again on next visit.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dutchboy135
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Dutchboy135.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences in the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich. I really enjoyed reading your comments about the team. I will share them with my colleagues and we will definitely celebrate our ratings that we got in the last year. We came from Tripadvisor position 48 last year and ended up on 26. if I go thru the individual feedbacks, the improvement of service quality and product upkeep, makes me very proud of my team and their accomplishments. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at the Walhalla hotel because it was close to the train station and the bus tours beginning place. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I had a double room for single use, which meant that the room was a good size not cramped at all. Noise wise there were some issues, but i always bring ear plugs when I travel, so that was easily dealt with. The breakfast was good and included in my room rate as was the WiFi. I had roughly a ten minute walk to the old town, the tram is very close if wish to use that for transportation. I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay while in Zurich as it was not expensiveness Zurich wise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff B
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Fr-Jeff B.

Thank you very much for writing such a positive feedback and recommending the Walhalla to all Tripadvisor users. These constructive comments help us a lot to always question what we do and improve our standards. We just finished our bathroom renovation and keep on focussing on service quality. I hope to welcome you again and thank you for the time you spent in writing the review.

Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I visited my favorite city Zurich after 8 years, and I stayed this hotel for the first time.
Decided to stay the hotel after reviewing a Japanese travel guide, and I know by now that I was right :)

I loved the hotel, especially staff.
All the staff are willing to help guests, friendlly and I totally liked them.
Actually, I felt the building is little bit old, but as rooms are newly renovated, it was comfortable to stay in. Just a few minutes walk from Zurich main station, easy to find the hotel (You have to get out from the station to North).
Very convenient to get the central commercial area of Zurich (less than five minutes walk to get to the nearest Coop, super market).

I'll be back to Walhalla Hotel for sure next time I have chance to visit Zurich.
Thank you very much!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Zuricher24.

Thank you very much for your comments. I really enjoyed reading your feedback about the team. The location does not help if the team is not willing to give 100%, including myself. I'm happy that you enjoyed your time in the Walhalla Hotel. We recently finished the bathroom renovation and are very proud of the result. Heated mirror pads, heated towel rack, rain shower on the 2nd and 3rd floor and lighted vanity mirror. Please let me know when you plan to come back to Zurich. I would be very pleased to welcome you personally.