“Great location, free wifi available,small but clean rooms”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location, free wifi available,small but clean rooms”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel walhalla is situated conveniently, a few minutes walk from zurich main station and right next to Swiss national musuem. It is also directly opposite sihlquai bus terminal where excursions start off daily. Rooms are small but comfortable and very clean. Definitely a good choice for affordable accomodation in zurich

• Stayed April 2014
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear pzy1.

Thank you very much for your comments here on tripdvisor. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich. It is really the perfect location to explore Zurich and Switzerland. All daily excursions start from the bus station on the other side of the road. Lucerne, Mt Tilis, Jungfraujoch, Heidiland and many more tours. You can easily book the tickets with our reception team. If you stay in a Double Room you can also check all the tour details on the tablet PC that we provide in all Double and Comfort Rooms. It is a great innovation that gives you the chance to plan your stay in our beautiful city. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel Zurich.

Kurt Wodiczka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good location, good room, happy days, but above all was the service, they even gave us an umbrella for our short walk in the rain to the train station ! You are five minutes or less away from everything, and really couldn't be more central,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Stanley9007.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about the hotel and the service. It was a great pleasure for me redaing your comments and I will definitely share them with my team. It is a motivation for all of us and shows us that we are on the right track. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Kurt
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The reason I picked this hotel because of its location. Located right opposite the main train station ( Zurich HB) and Starbucks is just next door! How convenient!

Reception staff was friendly and helpful. He helped me with my tram ticket and went outside of the hotel to show me which side of the station I should get on.

The single room I booked was really small but clean. I was surprise it actually had a safe and complimentary coffee and tea in the room

The bathroom was super tiny, there was no way to fit two persons. Clean with basic amenities though

Breakfast was ok and I do appreciate the free wifi in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Mrs. VanessaMunYee.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. The next time when you are in Zurich I will show you one of our double and comfort rooms. In these categories we installed a tablett pc which you can use to order roomservice, read your favourite newspaper or just enjoy the internet. This special service is new in Switzerland and we are proud to be the first 3* Hotel in Zurich that offers this feature. You will love it, we get a lot of positive comments. Thank you again for your nice words and we hope to see you soon in the Walhalla 2.0.

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

we booked into stay at the walhalla guest house, but on arrival at the hotel to check in, we were told we`d been upgraded to the hotel....

we only stayed 1 night, en route to a stay up in the alps, and came in by train, very easy to find this hotel, just go down to the subway under the station, steps half way along the platforms, signed sihlquai, and you come up 2 mins from the hotel, which on the corner..

Uma checked us in, very nice, she speaks very good english.

nice room, all the facilities you`d expect, and quiet, even tho we overlooked the front of the hotel and the busy street..

good continental breakfast, plenty of choice...

speedy checkout the following morning...

if in the area again we`d have no probs staying again..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cubankid1
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear cubankid1.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the upgrade. Whenever it is possible we try to use these upgades as well as a marketing instrument. We are very proud of both products, but the hotel offers much more amenities and services than our 2* Walhalla Guest House and we want to show it. Especially on the weekends we always try to surprise some guests with upgades. We renovated the bathrooms, installed coffee and tea making facilities in all our hotel rooms and our double and comfort category is equipped with a tablett PC that you can use free of charge during your stay. We are the first 3* Hotel in Zurich with this type of service. It was a pleasure reading your comments. It's a great motivation for all of us and we will continue to surprise our clients. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the Walhalla Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have previously heard from a colleague that the rooms here are crappy but i don't find any problems here. Go with the expectations that the rooms are functional and basic ( like many of Zurich's hotels) with nothing luxurious.
One thing strange in my room is that the balcony can be accessed thru the toilet only! Then again, it's cold most of the time and you don't need to go out there.
Breakfast is the usual western fare of cereals, fruits and bread. The only style of eggs are hard boiled eggs and you peel it yourself.
The staff here are friendly and nice. Location is awesome!
Overall, it's a pleasant hotel for rest at night with a great location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alvin_Liu
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Mr. Alvin_Liu.

Thank you very much for honest and positiv feedback. The original building is more than 100 years old and got renovated several times in the last 20 years. We just finished the bathroom renovation this January and the rooms were done in 2010. Our Maintanance Team checks each room minimum twice a year. We do not position our hotel in the luxury segment but we are very proud of the product and are constantly looking for improvement in each sector. Next week we will have tablett PCs in every Double and Comfort room which we think is a great asset for our guests. I hope I will see you again in the Walhalla Hotel and wish you all the best.

Varese, Italy
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very close to my office and the central station. Rooms are something small but good and very good bathrooms. Breakfast is included and offers a good continental breakfast.. Service and staff are very good. Near there are some good restaurant and the center of the city is near. Near there is a very good museum. I have used this hotel more than one time and always I found it excellent

Room Tip: All the rooms are OK
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ettore947
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr. Ettore947.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really like your comments about our service and about the new renovated bathrooms. We are happy that all our bathrooms have the same standard now and are all equipped with a heated mirror pad, heated towl rack and lighted vanity mirror. Some of the new bathrooms also have a rain shower. I'm looking forward to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Often I have been at this hotel, its great location (on the Zurich Main railway station) is remarkable and key to the selection (no impact on sleeping quality, even in summer). The service and rooms are very good (after refurbishment of some of the rooms even better). No minibar (you won't miss), free wifi, good breakfast (starting 6.30am), and very nice staff.
A recommendation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank haktus
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Haktus.

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. It is a great motivation for all of us and it shows us that we are on the right track. We know about our perfect location and I'm very happy about your comments regarding the product and the service. In the last few years we constantly invested in the hotel and it seems that we exceeded the expectations. The whole team is proud of the Walhalla Hotel and I'm sure that this is one key to our success. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel.