“Comfortable hotel”
Review of Walhalla Hotel

Walhalla Hotel
Ranked #42 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel was nice and is near the Zurich Main Train Station. It helps when you are travelling on your own. Reception was friendly and accommodating when my wife & I checked in in early morning of 5May'14 after arriving from Singapore via. Doha. Stay of one night before going to Luzern by train the next morning at around 7.30am. Breakfast nice and simple with ample spread. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie468
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Laurie468.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We always try to arrange for an early check-in and I'm happy that we were able to check you in at 7:30am and that you enjoyed your stay at the Walhalla. I wish you all the best and let me know whenever you come back to Zurich.

There are newer reviews for Walhalla Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We arrived late, after a very long travel day filled with layovers and delayed flights. My spoken German is minimal and weak at the very least. We were nearly exhausted and it was well after dark. We came out of the main rail station and were confused as to which direction to go, since street signs were absent. We called the front desk. The people at the desk were wonderful. Their spoken English is impeccable. They had us describe what we were seeing, then sent someone to find us. As it turned out, we were only about 100' from the entrance. Based on the service alone, I would recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Mamamia194
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear mamamia194.

Thank you very much for your feedback. It was a pleasure reading your comments. It makes me proud of my team and shows me that we are on the right track. I will share your words with the entire team as a best practice. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

After a long flight and a confusing train ride, we arrived at the Walhalla to find our room was immediatly ready. Needless to say a quick shower and change of clothes was very welcomimg. The room was very nice, very clean and modern. Returning from a long day of siteseeing, the bed felt very good.
The hotel staff was very warm and hospitable. The morning breakfast was good. The location of the hotel is great for traveling around too. The bus station is across the street, thr trolley is around the corner and the train station is maybe 1 block away. If coming back to Zurich, I would defintley re-book here.

Dear Mr. TJPeeker.

Thank you very much for your excellent rating. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich. I'm very proud of my team that they always try to make it happen and that they always try to walk the extra mile. Why should we insist on the Check in time at 2pm, if we have rooms available? For me it is one of the key points in hospitality and I'm glad that you made this positive experience. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

nice well come , nice bedroom few tips may be add ,
soap in the bathroom at disposal, lift,towels change every day,
wifi extra and free
apples at disposal
warm and cheerfull staff

only bad point is the price is changing every day so you never know how much you are going to pay

Room Tip: very well located
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank beatricedp
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear beatricedp.

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor. It makes me even more happy, that you gave us a Top Rating for our Guest House on the Hotel page. But your feedback shows us as well that we have a good quality price ratio even for our 2* product. I really apologize that there was a challange with the pricing. On every channel we communicate the daily rates and they may vary due to a higher or lower occupancy. I will definitely follow up on that point and check the reservation process. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The spot was a great choice, its just 2 minutes by foot from the train station. The room was not very spacious though but anyway its only for a sleep so we didnt care much. Breakfast good, staff polite.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiriaki_s

Dear kiriaki_s

Thank you very much for staying at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich and your positive feedback. My reccomendation for your next visit would be one of our Comfort Rooms. These rooms are very spacious and have an iron and ironing board as well as a tablet PC. Please let me know when you plan to come back to Zurich and then I show it to you. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

After blindly following our navi through Zürich we arrived ar Walhalla hotel and were received with such a warm welcome we knew we had made the right choice of hotel. Centrally located it was easy to get everywhere we needed to be and the surrounding areas provided a lot of international colour and charm. The rooms have been tastefully remodelled, clean and cozy. And quiet!. It is our set hotel from now on :-)
Shawna & Günter (Holland/Canada & Germany)

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor, which had open rafters, very charming...
1  Thank yarrum321

Dear yarrum321.

It was a real pleasure reading your feedback on Tripadvisor. I'm very proud of my team, their attitude and customer focus. We already have the perfect location, but for the ultimate travel experience you need the individual and warm service. I'm more than happy that you made this experience at the Walhalla Hotel. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again at the Walhalla Hotel in Zurich.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and clean with friendly staff, however the location of this hotel is probably its biggest plus. Located right next to the main station it is convenience defined.
Apart from excellent travel connections, downtown shopping and Sunday shopping in rail city are all just a few minutes walk away. And you can save can fare to the airport by taking one of the frequent trains leaving from the station next door.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kurt_Wodiczka, Manager at Walhalla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear DGrier001.

Thank you very much sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. The Walhalla Hotel is your gateway to Switzerland and your business hub in Zurich. Our location is perfect. Right next to the train station, 5 minutes walk to Bahnhofstrasse and old town, 10 minutes by train to the airport and 10 minutes by tram to the lake. Closer to everything is not possible. All this combined with a modern product friendly and welcoming staff is one of the keys for a pleasant stay in our beautiful city. I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again.