We arrived at the Schweizerhof after 9 days of being wined and dined by a Scenic Cruise Tours team, so I thought I'd experienced the highest level of hospitality available, but my experiences here were some of the best yet. Our welcome was warm and efficient, our room very spacious and the environmentally friendly feature of turning electricity on and off with room key struck me as innovative. There was delicious fresh fruit available at all times, and the staff was ready to help me in every way possible. I did have a bit of a communication problem with one staff person in the lobby, but it was simply a matter of his English not being especially strong and my German being incredibly weak. We opted for dinner in the hotel since it was a rainy day and we needed time to prepare for the journey home. And speaking of rainy day, they had nice large umbrellas for us to use as we toured the city. The food and wine were outstanding and the entree serving very generous. Being at the end of our trip, my wardrobe was pretty limited and my attire for the evening was neat, clean but very casual. Nevertheless the wait staff treated us like visiting royalty. A truly unique experience...elderberry essence to add to the water. What a delightful flavor! Even though the hotel is situated in a very busy part of the city, with the windows closed the room was virtually silent. Breakfast was available early enough for us to have a relaxing start to a long day traveling back to the US...homemade strawberry jam, croissant, smoked salmon and flavorful cheeses...and checkout was handled efficiently and with a smile. if I ever return to Zurich I certainly hope I can stay here again. And kudos to Scenic Tours for selecting this wonderful 5-star hotel as a part of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, part of WORLDHOTELS, is an exclusive 4* superior Hotel with an excellent 5* service at the best central location in Zurich. Opposite the main railway station and at the beginning of the famous Bahnhofstrasse. Shoppingstreet, financial district, the lake and the old town within walking distance. Every 10 minutes direct train to the International Airport of Zurich (10 minutes journey time). Very quiet thanks to triple glazed windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schweizerhof Zurich Hotel
- Schweizerhof Zurich zürich