“Excellent location - excellent service”

Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich
Ranked #9 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent location - excellent service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have used this hotel before five years ago and so were expecting good service and we were not disappointed.
It is situated across the road from the main railway station. We were met from the train and our baggage transported for us. Reception provided us with a drink and we were given a room upgrade.
The room was spacious and although it faced the station the sound insulation was good - any traffic noise was muffled. Breakfast was excellent - both in terms of the variety of food offered and the service. We ate in the restaurant once and the food and service were very good indeed. I cannot fault this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Schweizerhof, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sir and Madam

Many thanks for your great review! It was a pleasure for us to welcome you back after five years!
We are happy to read your positive comment regarding our sound proof windows as this feedback helps us to continuously improve our high service standards.
Thank you as well for your compliments to our restaurant and breakfast team! This motivates us to provide our best service every day!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Zurich! (hopefully we don’t have to wait another five years :-) )

Andreas Stöckli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Modimolle (Nylstroom), South Africa
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrive by train and after disembarking, I was amazed to see that the Hotel had sent the porters to meet us at the station and to help us with our luggage.! The next surprise was at reception when the Hotel offered to upgrade us to a suite to help accommodate my mobility scooter. The facilities in the suite were outstanding and the hi-tech gadgets were mind-boggling. The staff and porter bent over backwards to assist us. I have travelled to many countries and stayed in many hotels in my lifetime, but The Schweizerhof in Zurich has got to be the best I have ever experienced.

Dear Sir and Madam

What a great pleasure to read your kind words! Thank you very much for giving us this great comment. We are very happy to share your compliments with all our staff!
We were delighted to upgrade you to our Premium Relax Suite, as we recognized your mobility scooter when you checked in.
We hope, that you enjoyed your trip from South Africa to Europe with all the different impressions from Zurich up to the Top of Switzerland at Jungfrau Joch!
We hope to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Prefect location facing the main train station and right on the corner you'll find the start of the shopping street. Also, it's few minutes away from all city attraction.

My room was upgraded to a suit because it was my wife's birthday. The reception staff were so friendly and the room service was superb. We were offered a complementary chocolate and strawberries basket as well as juice. They even wished my wife a happy birthday by displaying the message on the LED screens of the elevators.

Our experience will be cherished. To the hotel management and staff we say: Bravo, you all have touched our hearts.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank sanousi
Dear Sir and Madam

We are very happy to read your great feedback! It makes us proud that you felt pampered and that we have touched your hearts!
As is was your honeymoon and the birthday of your wife, it was a great pleasure for us to grant you a free upgrade into one of our suites.
We are looking forward welcoming you back soon in Zurich and wish you all the best starting your married life together!

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A compact comfortable room with en-suite bathroom, located immediatly opposite the Hauptbarnhof in the centre of Zurich.
Attentive staff including a porter service too and from the Station or airport transfer in needed.

Dear guest

Many thanks for your great review! We are happy to read, that our location next to the main station was convenient for you.
Our red doorman is already looking forward to picking you up from the train station when you will visit Zurich for the next time!

Scotland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff could not have been better. This small hotel could teach many larger hotels how to do it right. Every member of staff we encountered was pleaseant, helpful and extremely friendly. A great hotel in a very convenient position for the main railway station in Zurich.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JaimeScotland
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are very proud to read, that you enjoyed our services and that our staff made you feel comfortable. This is indeed the main ingredients for a successful hospitality effort. You can be assured that we will share your comments with all our colleagues.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again!
Global traveller
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I typically stay away from hotels anywhere near a train station and I've always gone right past this hotel as a result. Agreed to stay here recently and was very pleasantly surprised. Beneath the old school facade it has all the modern conveniences combined with impeccable service. Even the windows are solid enough to block the noise of the trams outside. Definitely will consider it again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Excellent classic hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, complimentary drink during check-in and bottle of water during check-out (lady at reception offered me help with buying ticket to the train even), location can't be more perfect - the hotel places literally 1 minute away from central railway station, ~10 minutes of train ride and you're in Zurich airport. My room was on the second floor with window looking at street and tram stop, but I haven't heard a thing (which is my recurring problem with some hotels in Helsinki), so one shouldn't be afraid that trams or trains will bother ya, they won't. Rooms are perfectly equipped, over 120 TV channels (in many-many languages + radio), free tea and coffee, excellent WiFi etc. etc. etc., I would give 10 out of 10, but there was some strange experience, too.

Before my arrival I've asked via e-mail if I will need adaptor for Swiss sockets and not only I got quick reply, but adaptor was awaiting for me in the room. But: a) it wasn't working (maybe I did something wrong, although I work in electric business and deal with more tricky things than simple adaptor) b) the next morning (and by 'the next morning' I mean 9 hours after my arrival) housemaid took it away causing me to be a little bit confused (during check-out the reception staff was confused as well, since I couldn't give 'em back the device). Complimentary fruits were gone too. I am not sure if I was supposed to eat them all immediately or maybe it was done with some purpose. I've tried to speak to housemaid about both of these matters, but she didn't speak English at all (the other ones who I've dealt with spoke very good English, much better than mine, for sure). Unfortunately the next day almost the same thing happened - after cleaning the room all papers which I left on the table were gone, including copy of my insurance (which I always leave in hotels on the case of emergency), my personal notes written on hotel's notebook, city guide, newspaper and railway timetable. Well, maybe there are some requirements for staff about what to do during cleaning process, but I just hope they'll correct it a little bit. What's on the table - stays on the table till a guest leaves the hotel. If I wanted to threw away my newspaper or timetable - I would've put it in the bin. I know there's a safe, but closing railway timetable in safe is something that I would never think about before. Aside that, no problems at all and if there was any - they've been solved ASAP.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo