“Excellent”

Novotel Zurich City-West
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is perfect for families. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast was excellent. They offer free Wifi as well as heated pool and internet area. We didn't know about the pool so remember your costume. The hotel is not in the city centre but the tram station is a few meters away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Arnaud T, Manager at Novotel Zurich City-West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,
The title of your comment is a great reward for all the Team. I can inform you that we have some one way swimming suits at your disposal at the Reception for our guests who want to relax in our inddoor pool after a long and exciting day in our beautiful City.
I wish all your family a very nice time during the summer holidays, and we all look forward to welcoming you soon again!
Arnaud Tourin - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Novotel Zurich City-West

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were traveling with two young children and decided to book this hotel based on good reviews on tripadvisor and the fact the room could accommodate all four of us. While the reviews were good, I was expecting it to be a typical lower end business hotel but it exceeded my expectations on all the fronts. The hotel was very family friendly and the amenities in the room and the overall facilities were all very good. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. The bathroom was also good size. The hotel staff was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was good though the staff in the restaurant seemed a little disorganized. We and others had to get their attention for things that should have been taken care of in the first place. I am still rating the hotel as excellent because overall it was a good value for money but the restaurant/breakfast service is something that the hotel management should improve.

Reaching the hotel was a breeze by Tram from the main train station. You can catch Tram 4 right outside Zürich Hauptbahnhof (the station is very big so make sure to get exact directions to get to the stop for Tram 4) and get down at Technopark. The technopark stop is practically 1 minute walk from the hotel entrance so there is no problem even if you have luggage.

We did not use it but the nearest train station is Hardbrucke - the hotel staff (and Google Maps) told us that it is around 7-8 minute walk. On the way to the airport we took a taxi from the hotel. I think that it took a little more than 15 minutes and cost CHF 50.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandeep420
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The room was larger than I expected & even had a small fridge. It had a sleeper sofa that we could have used if we had wanted two separate beds. Room, lobby, hallways were very clean. Pool and fitness area, but we didn't take a look. Location was a bit off the beaten path, but once we figured out that the tram right around the corner from the hotel goes to the center of town and even to lake Zurich, the location was not an issue. The name of the tram stop is "Technopark" and the hotel shares the same building with Ibis. The full breakfast buffet was 29 Euros & I found the price far too high for what it was. I recommend staying next door at the Ibis and saving some money. Wi-fi was good and it was reliable. Bar in lobby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelGirl5812
Arnaud T, Manager at Novotel Zurich City-West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I read your comment with a lot of attention, and I just wanted to add that we have a second breakfast formula.
We all remain at your disposal regarding this offer, and we are glad to read that you had a "good stay". I think that matching you budget for breakfast next time with a better communication, we are confident to match all your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you personally soon, and wish you a nice summer time.
Arnaud Tourin - General Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is definitely more than 3 minutes from the Hardbrucke station - unless our watches (not Swiss-made are not that accurate)! The website should update this description. The best way to get to this hotel is to use the tram that stops at Technopark, and you are a block from the hotel entrance. I had specifically emailed the hotel that we will have luggage and inquired the best way to get to the hotel.. The Tram ride was never mentioned. We figured this out ourselves.

We paid for breakfast - the continental, which was 7 CHF. The receptionist did tell us that we would be eating at the bar instead of inside the restaurant. We came down and there was no food on the bar, nor was there anyone there to serve breakfast. We thought we came down too late (9 am) and walked into the restaurant. The waitress there asked for our room number to confirm breakfast.. I said we already paid for continental breakfast that we were to eat at the bar. She said, no, we can eat here. OK - so we ate there. Later, we found out that we are paying an additional 21CHF per person for eating there. The next day, same story. We insisted we are to eat at the bar and not going to pay for the buffet breakfast. The manager said he cannot serve 5 people at the bar. We have to eat in the restaurant. I said we do not want to pay for the expensive breakfast. He insisted we grab a table and he brought us our drinks and a plate of croissants. My recommendation is to not even offer the continental breakfast when booking online - it's confusing and it's not being served appropriately. Or have a sign to stay at the bar for continental breakfast.

It is nice to have the complimentary bottles of water and a fridge. Bathroom amenities and shower works well. Zurich is an expensive place and the price for the room is reasonable, except for breakfast!! Once you figure out the Technopark stop, it's easy access to anywhere else as the tram will take you to the Central Train and Bus stations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mapleweave

Dear Guest,
I cannot accept what happened regarding the breakfast, and I have already met the F&B Team to fix communication and payment regarding both breakfast possibilities. I apologize for the inconvenience, and was happy to read that you "enjoyed your stay", the rest corresponding to your expectations.
I really hope you give us a second chance soon to make your stay 100% successful, and would personally ensure it if you contact me for the next stay with us.
I am grateful for your constructive Feedback, and wish you pleasant holidays.
Arnaud Tourin - General Manager.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

A friend and I stayed here in May for one night before catching a flight home. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They freely handed out adapters and offered to let us stay beyond checkout time when they heard our flight was late in the day. We had a room with a king bed and a pull out sofa. I ended up on the pull out and it was very comfortable - I forgot it was a pullout! The only downside was it filled the room with the bed pulled out. There was a refrigerator in the room and a nice heated indoor pool off the lobby. The hotel wasn't right in the downtown but was an easy 10 tram ride on tram 4 (pick it up at Hauptbahnhof or Sihlquai and get off at Technopark - which was less than half a block from the hotel). The breakfast was a little steep at 29 CHF so we just took the tram into the center and ate elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 2 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank alaricsf

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great experience here - in a trendy cool up & coming neighborhood near a great park - a bit far from the action but a nice walk. Kids corner, wifi, computers in lobby, free coffee in rooms, clean rooms, etc. Very good experience overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kwg2378
Arnaud T, Manager at Novotel Zurich City-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your nice experience in our hotel. I transmit it to my Team and we hope to welcome you soon again.
Best regards,
Arnaud Tourin - General Manager.