2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$124
eDreamsUS$124
Trip.comUS$129
Agoda.comUS$124
1,696 results
All reviews city centre tram station nice hotel hotel is located public transport business trip gym pillows concierge chf europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A good general impression: room is clean. Bed is comfortable. Desk people are nice and helpful. Security is a serious matter: even the lift works with your room card!!

But in our room, there is no cupboard to put your cloths or things. Except a range of hangers in the entrance, and a place to put and open you suitcase (in the room entrance too).
There must be a "room bar" because there was heat coming out of the back of a closed cupboard. But it was closed with a real key. Yes, I could have asked to open it... Pffft.

There was a bottle of still drinking water in the room when we first came in. And the ladies changed it when it was empty. Well done! This is rare and really appreciated.

In the bathroom, there is hardly a place to put your stuff. No place for the soap. Whatever you do, you quickly end up in a puddle on the sides of the "modern" hemispheric lavabo (washbasin). And the shower is not closed (nor closable), so this "helps" to the puddle ambiance... A mess!

According to the latter, we "had" to ask for cleaning the room every day. And to ease the cleaning, we tried to gather our stuff in our suitcases (since there is no other place, except for raining coats on the hangers). But my wife forgot her toothbrush in a plastic cup, aside the lavabo. GONE! They washed it away!! She had no toothbrush any more for the rest of our stay. And this was over a week-end, of course. Thanks.

Instead, we had 2 chocolate ladybirds, as it was New-Year's eve. Mmmh.
Consolation prize?

The restaurant... "Letzileu", is in the same building as the hotel. Nice looking place. But the "substantial breakfast from the buffet" is only convenient for the ones who eat like dogs at mornings.. Baaarg! You simply cannot have just a "gipferly" and a coffee mug. No! Get out to the street, and go for the cross road's "Bäckerei", opened every day of the year.

One evening, we just wanted something small to finish the day. The same Letzileu restaurant refused to serve us what they did have right there!!!, in the buffet, pretending they cannot make it, except if we pay for the "buffet à gogo" at 45 bucks per head. The smallest dish "à la carte" was 20 bucks for spaghetti with tomato sauce. Same price without the sauce! We preferred passing the meal.

Yes, there is a bar inside the hotel, where they serve small things to eat. But the prices are not that small at all. And the place is so dark that my wife didn't even want to get in, to have a look...

Last but not least of our experiences:
This is about a bad "free wifi" presentation, so that "everyone" must fall into the trap.

Wifi is said to be free on the Ad. You connect and it asks for room number and your lastname. Ok. Submit!
NO!! Don't do that!!!
There is an option that is well hidden (one could really think it was done on purpose!!) on the faaaar right of your telephone screen (you don't see it, for sure), that is set to "pay 10 bucks a day" to get the fastest download speed...
As you connect to a "free wifi" (according to the advertisement), you don't even imagine that you are paying 10 bucks for that!!
I only realized the trap when I connected from the PC that is in the entrance of the Hotel.. (for free!), 2 days later... Too late to be canceled.

If I ever knew that, I would have connected directly through my operator, since I have 300 free Megabytes in my credit.

Many thanks to all of you for your interest and your patience at reading my blah blah.
Yes, I would recommend this hotel, but BE VERY CAREFUL with your toothbrush and stuff.. Hahaha.

Room tip: We had a room at the end of a corridor and it was quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pete M
CrownePlazaZRH, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your detailed review as well as for staying at the Crowne Plaza Zürich! We are sorry to read about your disappointments and would like to answer to your comments as follows:
Thank you very much for taking your precious time and writing about your impressions. All your compliments are much appreciated and forwarded to our team.
Our guest rooms offer minibar service. It is a common standard in hotels to provide the key for the minibar upon request at the reception desk.
Guest rooms are cleaned by our housekeeping team daily. Let us apologize for the inconvenience regarding the toothbrush of your wife. It must have been an unintentional action of our cleaning team. (Kindly note that small cosmetic items like toothbrushes can be received at our reception desk complimentary.)
We offer free early bird breakfast containing “Gipfeli” and coffee early in the morning and à la carte room service breakfast. During the week, our hotel bar provides further breakfast alternatives from 08.00 a.m. As you have mentioned, the restaurant “LetziLeu” offers buffet breakfast.
Late snacks such as baguettes, toasts, soups or quiches are available at our bar until 11.30 p.m. Our prices correspond to the price level of other bars in Zurich. We are sorry that your wife did not like the atmosphere of our bar. In the evenings, the light is dimmed to provide an atmosphere for chilling out after an eventful day. The walls are decorated with contemporary artworks.
We do offer complimentary internet access in all rooms and areas of the hotel up to 256 KB. For a faster connection, a package of CHF 09.95 / 24 hours (per gadget) is available. We are sorry to read about the troubles you had when using our internet service. Your comments have been forwarded to our responsible manager.
We hope, you will choose our hotel again when lodging in Zurich next time.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night before my connecting trip from Zurich. I booked this hotel as they were offering a discount when I book (It was very cheap when compare to other hotels in Zurich), I knew I will be spending only 10 hours in this hotel for some sleep at night therefore I did not expect much. Room was clean, however the bathroom was relatively small (with shower only).

You do need to walk from the tram station to the hotel, it was approimately 10 minute including the time to navigate yourself after your get off the tram. There are signs near the tram station and along the street to tell you where the hotel is.

I would recommend this hotel for business purpose.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review and your recommendation as well as for choosing the Crowne Plaza Zürich for your short stay in Zurich. We would be pleased to be your host during your next visit in our beautiful city again.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Very cordial and welcoming. The room I was in was large and cosy. What I missed was that the Wardrobe had no door. But everything else was pretty smart. It is around 20 minute Tram ride away from the City Centre. The personnel was very helpful. I would stay there again!

Room tip: You can take a Cab to the airport which is around the same distance from the city centre.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind feedback! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments are much appreciated and have been forwarded to our team.
It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you in Zurich again.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Our family was excited to be staying at crown plaza Zurich but didn't realise that it was a 15 mins walk from the tram station. If it wasn't raining and snowing, this wouldn't be a problem but it was and it was a real chore getting to the hotel in the rain and snow. The rooms was cosy but the pillows was just too soft for my liking. Overall, I would choose a hotel in the city if I came back to Zurich.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ELNC
CrownePlazaZRH, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to read about the inconveniences upon your arrival. Our hotel is located 350 meters from the tram station “Albisriederplatz” (#2 and #3) which is approximately 4 minutes’ walk away. Detailed directions can be found on our website.
Kindly let us ensure you that we offer a wide range of bedding and are happy to provide you with a pillow of your preference any time.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is the second time I have booked our Graduation & Awards Ceremony at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Zürich. Just like the first time, everything was perfect. As an events planner it is comforting and hassle free to deal with such a professional hotel and events team. Everything was according to my wishes and on arrival the ballroom was set up as per my wishes with the correct seating, staging, lighting and technology. The coffee break was great. The buffet dinner was excellent with a wide variety of food items and desserts. The quality of the food is outstanding. The food & beverage service is efficient and friendly. The coffee break and dinner was served on two floors, which allowed for a lot of space and movement of guests.

Our guests were very impressed with the service and standards of this hotel. It is a pleasure and creates no stress when you deal with professional hotels like this who meet your demanding wishes for a successful event.

All guestrooms were ready when my group checked in. The amenities were correctly placed in the room. On the Friday I had an early arrival of one of our VIP guests. The room allocated was not yet ready and the lady at the front desk gave my guest a complimentary upgrade, which was much appreciated. The guestrooms are modern with all necessary facilities and amenities for my guests. Breakfast is superb with a very large variety of food items to choose from.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Zürich has now become my hotel of choice for future events and I have already booked our next event next year. Thank you Crowne Plaza Hotel and especially Birgit Epplin, the Convention Sales Coordinator for a highly successful event and ensuring its success.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HappymanLuzern

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review! We very much appreciate that you took your precious time to write about the Crowne Plaza Zürich.
It is a great pleasure for us to read that we could contribute to your success by providing our services with attentiveness. Your compliments are a reward for our efforts and have been already passed on to our team colleagues.
Kindly let us ensure you that we will do our utmost to provide you with first class service the next time again.
We are already looking forward to being the host of your event.