All reviewsvegetarian restauranttrain stationexcellent locationold towncoop supermarketspacious bathroomwi fimain stationquiet at nightyour luggagefew minutes walkthe hotel staffzurich hbcityswitzerlandtransitlake
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I stayed here for one night and it was fine. It was comfortable enough for one night although it was very dated. However I slept well, didn't hear anything from the corridor or outside my room. It was clean throughout the room and bathroom but it just felt very...old. I think it did feel loved for and cared for, even with a small painting of a flower in my room, but otherwise it didn't feel very memorable.

I was able to leave my luggage here after I checked out, and collected it later as it was only a 5 minute walk from the main train station.

I didn't eat here, I just grabbed a sandwich from the nearby Starbucks or supermarket.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

it's good value when compared to other Zurich hotels but not by any other standard... and then despite having added "quiet room please" in our booking we were put just about as close to the night-time road-works as was possible, although the noise was so bad it seemed all the other rooms' occupants had been kept awake: they said they don't know which nights the works will take place, which is a bit surprising if true and frankly means you readers can't be sure what it'll be like if you stay in the near future!

Room Tip: if you want quiet, go to a different location
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

The worst hotel i ever been in the hole world. 125 CHF per night to have a room like Sauna, noisy, bed inconfortable, bathroom dirty and smells after Cigarettes. Actually i could not sleep all night and i was happy to leave early morning. Breakfast not included in the rate, you have to pay 10 CHF and that was more than poor. There was nothing to eat and the waiteress had sleepers like she was going to the beach. The made who clean the room enters without knocking the door while i was using the toilet. I did not like to mention anything to the front desk because i think they were hiring staff without any experiences. This is a night mare hotel, never again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Hanzbeer
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We have been there on June. The location is good just a few mins walk from Zurich HB, however it is very noisy at night as it is located at the heart of Zurich. Many traffic noise. It is very hot without air conditioning. i must open the window for ventilation or I will suffocate. However, when I open the window, I can't sleep at all because of the noisy traffic.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyY146
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Although this is a riverside hotel, no room has a view of the river, as the front rooms are all offices.
interestingly, the room had a proper lock/key - no wavy card that goes phut at the first opportunity (you have to remember to lock it on way out though).
Usual absence of kettle/coffee in room, and there was no blind/curtain in the bathroom. I could only find 2 electric sockets in the room.
Note that the Swiss restaurant is *not* part of hotel, at least not as far as paying is concerned - you can't have your restaurant bill added to your room bill.
Also note that the restaurant menu you can find online is not the same one as you get in the restaurant - the choice is wider & prices are lower than the online version! Also, the prices on the paper menu were higher than what I actually got charged... all important factors when on a budget artificially limited by my company's expenses policy...
Oh, and the wifi connection is distinctly ropey...

Room Tip: Rooms at back noisy after 6am, but great for views of cable railway:-) Rooms overlooking courtyard noisy if overnight roadworks by river...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business