“Top Location, Top Service, but dull.”

Savoy Baur En Ville
Ranked #95 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay here, right in the middle of Zurich, a nice room with balcony and view of the Paradeplatz. Service is impeccable, comfort is great, nothing to complain about. In fact it is all very chique, loved the serving of the eggs at breakfast. Its just not that exciting, typical Swiss efficiency.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LTGuide

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed at the Savoy Baur En Ville for 3 nights. The location is convenient, however everything else I would regard as average. The beds are not comfortable; I fail to understand why all beds are single / twin with double blankets, even for suites. Other than its location, I fail to see the true value for money in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Courtesy of my wife's gran we stayed here for a weekend in May. I have to say within seconds and I mean seconds of contacting reception for adapters, ironing, food etc there was someone at the room ready to help. Very old school high class service and great attention to detail. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank UdhiEmilySilva
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

As someone who wouldn't usually invest in such a ridiculously fancy hotel, wow how clean and perfect everything was. Room could've been a bit bigger and listening to my colleague in the adjacent room use the plug sockets, bathroom etc... Hmm me thinks the sound proofing could be improved... Anyway the service was fantastic albeit a bit over the top sometimes. Reception / front desk were very helpful with a perfect smile and very clear and understanding in their position. One did feel a little uneasy with the 6 waiters being promptly directed around the 2 guests, I'm sure some people appreciate complete pampering...

Very nice hotel with perfect cleanliness and prompt service... It gives me hope :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 11 April 2013

There are fancier hotels in Zurich perhaps -- Park Hyatt, Baur au Lac - and other places where you can go to swim. But for sheer competence, attention to detail, attention to customers, I know of no hotel anywhere that compares to the Savoy Bar En Ville.

There are always enough people at the front desk and at the concierge desk. And they are paying attention, not bored, available to help, and knowing what to do. From the eldest to the youngest staffer, they are customer-focused. My needs were simple: I had forgotten my power converters from US to continental Europe. They provided me two, it took all of 90 seconds for them to arrive once I had phoned. Messages? Delivered. Food? Impeccable. Housekeeping service. Invisible, but immediate, whenever I was absent they somehow came to do their upkeep.

My room was small, nothing special, but as clean as anyone could wish. Bath facilities practical. Water, delivered as I needed.

Did we say impeccable? Impeccable. Did we say friendly? Friendly. Did we say competent? Kind? Low-key? Diligent? All of these.

Was there wireless? Included, and error free, workable for lap-top and I-PAD alike, simltaneously.

An ancient hotel updated and maintained to 21st century standards, right on the Paradeplatz, next to every major Swiss banking institution and walking distance to the lake.

If you need more space, talk to them. Whatever you need, talk to them. They are there to please.

Room Tip: There is construction going on currently on the Bahnhofstrasse in the public street, unconnected to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabriel_Winter
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is my second review for the savoy. I wanted to review it again since my thoughts have changed in my last stays. Again this a very traditional Swiss hotel. It is located in the heart of Zurich on the paradeplatz. So it can't be more central. This hotel is an example of Swiss perfection. Everything is so clean and almost sterile. The rooms are very nice maybe not very stylish. The service is great but especially the front desk can be very reserved. Especially the lady who is the cashier. So you might be a little intimidated by her. Also there is no real lobby, no gym, no pool etc.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in the back that faces windows. Prefer street facing rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2013

SAVOY HOTEL BAUR EN VILLE ZÜRICH is a unique experience. We have a room overlooking Paradeplatz -- the biggest money-handling center in Switzerland. From our balcony, we see Credit Suisse Head Office building on the right and UBS in front of us. Amazing to read about the hotel history dating back to 1838 and equally fascinating to watch night illumination of two big bank buildings being so close to us.

Inside the hotel, eighteenth-century wall clock, original flags of Zurich guilds are history-tellers.

Room is finely decorated, furnished and classy. Make me feel obliged to keep every fine element in good shape even as a hotel guest.

We had dinner in the Italian Restaurant Orsini and Restaurant Baur - good food ingredients and very fine cooking.

Hotel staff team is experienced and efficient. The souls behind are the legendary Manfred and Christina Hörger who run this unique luxurious hotel in very high standard for almost 30 years.

Room Tip: Choose a Junior Suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business