Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac
Hotel Adler(Zurich)
US$193
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Arlette Beim Hauptbahnhof(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$212
US$194
US$189
  • Restaurant
25hours Hotel Zurich West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$279
US$238
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewslake viewlakeside locationcar dealershipopera houseold townsmall balconyliving areajunior suiteroom servicereception staffnice hotelthere is no air conditioningexcellent locationspacious roomexcellent staybusiness triptop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Well mixed opinions . I normally stay in LHW group in Switzerland but as a client booked me in here. So first caveat NEVER stay lakeside unless you can sleep though 24 hour traffic noise. I noticed in a previous review you can request internal courtyard rooms . So did /didn't get one. Didn't expect to have to get into an argument with receptionist as to wether I had .i did and had proof ! Next caveat - staff some of the reception - very efficient and amenable for 4 star others not !

Positively after room change argument the internal room, was quiet, clean etc rather overpriced for amenities/size/furnishing but you are paying extra for Bellevue location . And you may wish to Consider it you like a bath ..both rooms I saw had shower only., I would have also expected bath robes. If paying 200£+ ish

Third caveat plugs - for your computer this hotel only has modern swiss 6 sided narrow plugs your EU round adaptor will NOT work. This is strange because normally there are one or two round sockets left in the room to circumvent this problem for visitors .

There are several areas to work on .. Room service during the day seemed to
Consist of a single man, I was asked if I could take coffee in the restaurant rather than my room . Food at breakfast was acceptable but little heavy in cheese/salami for non-Swiss taste. Quantity/quality good.

I would probably stay here again but only if I can get internal double room for single occupant (extra of course and getting close to price of more established Zurich hotels ) most guest seemed to be businessmen.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank LondonPandora
Christian D, Manager at Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Bellerive Guest

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor.com. Your opinion helps us to continuously improve our services.

We are happy that some of our reception staff was able to help you, but we will train them additionally since it is not our standard that our guests have to get in an argument to change the room. We have noted that we will provide you with a nice room, bathtub and quit courtyard view for your next stay.

Regarding the plugs we are providing in all rooms free adapters for our international guest. Also our reception team will be happy to provide you with additional adapters.

The Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive Team hopes to welcome you again and we wish you a nice festive season.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Booked a half board via hotels.com the hotel is in a great location on the lake just 2 blocks from the tram line 4. Sure the hotel room was on the small side but that does not detract from the fact that the hotel is modern inside and clean and warm, coming from the tropics of Australia we need to be warm, and quiet. The rollaway bed and extra towels and toiletries for our 10 yr old was included and ready when we arrived. Great staff both at reception and in the restaurant. The restaurant is a great setting with views across the lake, my wife loved it, therefore so did I. The included evening meal really is fine dining and better than expected. Taxi from the main HB station was 25euro each way, we had a lots of bags. The tram would have been 4 euro, and 6 stops.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Bellerive Guest

Thank you for your stay at the Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive au Lac and your comment on tripadvisor.com

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we certainly have passed your compliments to our staff. As you have written, the Hotel is in the heart of Zurich and all areas are easily reachable by public transportation.

The Bellerive team hopes to welcome you again and please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions or information.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time as it was booked by my company on a corporate rate. Very nice location, although morning traffic makes it difficult if you travelled there by car.
Valet parking is provided and is very efficient.
I stayed on the fourth floor with a magnificent view over the lake. In spite of the busy road right in front of the hotel, once the windows were shut the room was very quiet. Room very large and well equipped. Breakfast served in a nice room also overlooking the lake. Good quality and variety of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bre71
Christian D, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Bellerive Guest

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive au Lac.

The team of the Steigenberger Hotel hopes to welcome you a second time and wishes you in the meanwhile all the best.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed here only one night during a recent trip to Zurich. While it was by no means a bad experience, I would not recommend staying here.

Rooms:
My room was on the small side, although it didn't seem so since it only had one twin bed. As another reviewer noted, the furnishings are clean but neither high quality nor visually appealing. I would definitely not spend a lot of time here. The bathroom was well lit, with plenty of counter space, and everything was clean. However, the windows were only single pane, and I could hear a lot of street noise.

Service:
Everyone with whom I interacted was very friendly and helpful.

Food:
I ordered room service for dinner. The food was good by international standards but only decent by Zurich standards. I would recommend eating elsewhere.

Location:
The location is near the old town and works well if you are a tourist. It is, however, a brisk fifteen minute walk from the business district.

Overall, I would recommend staying elsewhere since the price of the hotel room is not justified by the combination of room, location, and food quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kelli H

Dear Bellerive Guest

Thank you for your comment on tripadivor.com. Only through the opinion of our guests we are able to continuously improve our services.

We are happy to hear that our staff was able to help you with everything you needed.

The Bellerive Team hopes to welcome you again maybe for private purposes so that you can enjoy the central position of the hotel direct on the lake. You may contact us in advance so that we can assign you a nice room facing the court yard without any street noises. Then we can also assist you with packages or special rates over the weekend.

In the meanwhile we wish you all the best and please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

The hotel is situated at the center of Zurich, on Lake Zurich, and within walking distance from central places of interest.
The staff was very helpful and attentive, always giving helpful instructions for going anywhere we asked about.
The room was very large, with a great view of the Lake, large and fully equiped bathroom, lots of storage place in the room. The only thing missing for perfection was an electric kettle for making coffee or tea in the room.
Breakfast (a very tasty one) is served on a balcony with a view of the Lake, a great way to start the day.
We will certainly come back to this wonderful place next time in Zurich! Thank you for a lovely experience!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake give you a memorable experience!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruth G
Christian D, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Bellerive Guest

The team of the Steigenberger Hotel Bellerive au Lac is happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you are planning to return.

Actually we are planning to equip all rooms with coffee making facilities in 2013.

We wish you a nice start into the festive season and please do not hesitate to contact us for any information or questions you might have.