For history buffs, this centuries–old hotel was the childhood home of Anna Zwingli, spouse of Ulrich Zwingli, the great sixteenth-century Swiss reformer. (See the plaque out front.) It's beautifully up-to-date, though. From the glass of white wine at check-in, the service is great. The elevator, like many things in Switzerland, is miniature; it fits one person with luggage. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast is very nice, and I found great conversation there. I'd come back at any opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look forward to Zurich’s smallest and most centrally located hotel. Each of our 24 rooms has just recently been completely renovated. A high quality design interior, comfortable bathrooms in warm colours, an individually adjustable air condition system for the summer time and new sound-proof windows promise a relaxing sleep.At the Hotel Helmhaus history and modern comfort connect in a remarkable way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Helmhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmhaus Swiss Quality zürich
- Hotel Helmhaus Swiss Quality