Hotel Helmhaus
Storchen Zurich(Zurich)
Baur au Lac(Zurich)
KINDLI Hotel(Zurich)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold towngreat locationsmall hotelwithin walking distancewelcome drinkfront desk stafftram stopbreakfast roomcentral locationeach morninghighly recommend this hotelrooms are modernexcellent breakfastdefinitely stay here againcorner roomfirst floorlimmat river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2010

best things about this hotel is its location in the old city. excellent, friendly service from all at the hotel- even though we were the only family with a small child, we were given a friendly welcome and my 3 year old daughter was even given colored pencils and paper to draw with at breakfast. breakfast was excellent with a large choice and very aesthetically presented. I was dissapointed though with the size of the room and that to get a better size and view we would have to pay another 100 francs (the hotel was quie expensive for us to statt with). also no coffee and tea in the room but free coffee in the lobby. overall we were very pleased with the hotel and accept that in zurich everything is expensive.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The hotel is very well located, near restaurants, boutiques, theatres and grocery stores.
The room are small but practical, the breakfast is included in the rate and is a very good
size breakfast. The staff really care about your wellness and it shows. The hotel and the room are very clean! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I visited the Helmhaus Hotel again on my recent business trip to Zurich and have again been rewarded for my choice: stylish and newly renovated room (at the smaller end, but all you need in an expensive Swiss town), very clean, very efficient aircondition and state-of-the-art new bathroom. All in all the best hotel in its category. A small boutique hotel in the most central area of Zurich, easy access to everything, very helpful and dedicated hotel staff and a lavish breakfast buffet with fresh and healthy food. I recommend this hotel to everybody, be it for business or leisure. You won't regret it. Also loved the free WIFI in the entire hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelboy09
Reviewed 22 July 2010

A charming little hotel in a spectacular setting at the Lake Zurich and the river Limmat, next to many churches/cathedrals and the Old Town as well as the Bahnhofstrasse (business and shopping). The service was great, the room was large though cozy. the variety at the breakfast buffet could be improved. We would go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and was a little bit worried since they weren't as universally positive as I had hoped but as soon as I got to the hotel, saw the location, the rooms and met the staff, I knew immediately that I had made the right decision. In a country where restaurants charge 5 dollars for tap water in restaurants and adaptor plugs run 60 dollars (not voltage converters, mind you, JUST adaptors), I truly realised just what a value this hotel represented.

While the rooms are definitely small and most Americans would undoubtedly hate the small size, I prioritise cleanliness, powerfulness of the air conditioning, newness (esp bathroom fixtures), helpful staff and breakfast quality far above size. I must say that on all these vectors, the hotel either met or exceeded my expectations esp in the area of newness, esp in Europe where nearly everything seems to be old and gross. The hotel was totally remodeled in 2009, at which time it got new interiors, including all new bathrooms and things like flat panel TVs. Outside, the hotel still had character but inside it was new, modern and clean, the way things should be. And at just over 150 dollars per night, it was a VERY good value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo