“Excellent stay! 10 out of 10”

B2 Boutique Hotel + Spa
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We’ve stayed at the B2 Boutique Hotel to celebrate my birthday. The whole experience was outstanding. We were very nicely welcomed by the reception staff who upgraded us to a Suite. The room was absolutely fantastic. The room itself was huge, with two different levels: on the ground level you had a big table, the bathroom and a spacious living room with a balcony. On the upper level, you could find the king-size bed with a huge TV and a huge bathtub. The decoration is very minimalistic, which fits perfectly the hotel (an old beer factory totally renewed).
We had some drinks at the bar, and as mentioned before, the service was really attentive.
Breakfast was delicious. There is a quite tasty variety choice, and you can also order freshly prepared eggs and toasts. The orange juice was fresh and delicious as well. The breakfast room is located within a huge library and with very funky chandeliers. We loved the hotel’s decoration.
The hotel is annexed to a SPA which we tried. As we were guests of the hotel, the price for the entrance was of 25 CHF. The SPA was absolutely incredible. We spent the whole afternoon on the roof-top pool, looking at Zurich. Then we did a thermal route at the Irish-Roman baths. This was totally relaxing and highly recommended.
After the relaxing afternoon, I found in the room a small birthday cake with a lovely birthday card, prepared by the hotel. This was definitely a really nice touch.
I do deeply recommend this hotel, which is in a calm place, but yet near the city centre. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for B2 Boutique Hotel + Spa

Reviewed 20 May 2013

If you are sick of the same old same old, give this a try. You will not be sorry. Very close to town thanks to excellent bus, train and tram connections. The best roof spa ever. Don't miss it and the Roman bath in the basement is a dream.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Helensheffield66
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have stayed at the B2 twice while traveling for work (April & May 2013), each time for one week.

The staff at the B2 are extremely friendly and helpful. They always greet me by name and remembered me when I came back for my second work trip (a month after the first one). During my first stay, I had issues with lost luggage and stolen items from my luggage, and the B2 staff helped me figure out how to file a police report and really went out of their way to make me feel especially comfortable at the hotel, even though my situation was not at all their fault.

The hotel rooms are quite spacious by European standards. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are luxurious, with heated tile floors and rain showers. One minor note: the two different rooms I've stayed in did not have bathtubs; I don't know if any rooms do, but if having a bathtub is crucial for you, you should inquire in advance.

The hotel, even when completely full, is extremely quiet. The entire building is only about 1 year old, and the place is pristine. I have not yet had an opportunity to enjoy the spa, but all of my colleagues who have visited the on-site spa & roof-top pool tell me that the spa is amazing and well worth the small fee.

There are a number of shops and restaurants within a 5-15 minute walk, but because my office is just next to the hotel, I have had less need for shops and restaurants so am not able to fully comment on the location of this hotel as a vacation spot.

Room Tip: I don't think any rooms are bad -- I've stayed in 2 rooms in different wings of the hotel an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joshuaaa
Reviewed 14 May 2013

really nicely renovated hotel, modern design still very personal atmosphere, the spa is great if you want to relax after sightseeing or mountain adventures. good public transport to get to the city centre

Room Tip: best to ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

First time in this hotel and found it very good, lovely room , large firm bed, free beer and breakfast !
Didn't get time to go on the roof for a swim - next time...
It is a short walk from Enge but worth it

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was attracted to the lovely pictures of this hotel. It is not quite central, though only 15 minutes away from the centre, so hardly peripheral. The setting is impressive, a converted brewery. The entrance is lovely, the staff good. The eating/cafe room is handsome, the very high walls stacked with books ( slightly odd to create a library with mostly unreachable books, but nice look).
As for the rooms and coridoors, they are rather bland. It feels more like a prefab there, as if all the energy had gone into the entrance and spa. Service is good, I was woken by 7am works outside and the director apologised and gave me a bottle of bubbly (hence my 'average' on sleep quality, which would otherwise have been faultless)
The spa, I found, was great. Unforgettable rooftop pool, wonderful huge jacuzzi tubs below, and beautiful. I dont know about massages etc.
All in all some great points, mainly the spa, but slightly punching above its weight.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

If you are tired of the typical hotel and want something a little different then do try the B2 Hotel + Spa.

This former brewery has had a series of incarnations over the past 130 years, the most recent being a $65 million renovation converting it into a sleek, chic boutique hotel with an industrial edge. Great care was taken to preserve the brewery's past and the architects incorporated many of these into the design elements.

My room here was modern and efficient with a low platform bed and contemporary bathroom. The colors were bright and the even the chairs in the rooms were all formerly designer pieces.

One of the focal points of this property is the library. First they took more than 33,000 books from a former bookseller and created massive floor to ceiling shelving that guests can enjoy. Then they created huge chandeliers from old bottles (300 to be exact) and then put lighting filaments in them and strategically placed them on their original drying racks. Quite ingenious I thought.

Guests can also take advantage of the thermal spas here as well as a swimming pool on the roof. These are run cooperatively with the hotel and hotel guests can receive a discount for these services.

The location is close to the city trams, river and shopping areas. If you are looking for a unique accommodation give this a try. I loved it and think you will as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room but they have suites as well with a loft and a separate seating area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business