“Inventive and interesting”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The location is good and the outdoor space is nice - but the inside of the bar is great! Lots of beers and quite good, albeit simple food!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Amazing terrace near the river - A great place to start a summer night! Atmosphere is excellent!
I love hanging out there on a summer evening, drinking beer with friends! Inside they have cool decoration. They also have decent finger-food.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We came here for drinks one weekend, and thought it was really cute. Indoors, it feels like a bar in Berlin, with quirky decorations. Outside, you can sit next to the river, with nice views.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I visited El Lokal twice during the winter/spring and I was impressed with the great atmosphere and feel of the interior. Each visit was with a group of 15+ individuals and the owners were more than happy with making prior reservations during the early part of the week, though as the weekend approaches they do not accept reservations. We had many selections of tapas (and too many beers to remember) items off the menu and were overall pleased with the food and we loved the atmosphere.

This week I was invited to a birthday party here and for the first time we had a table outside as the weather was beautiful and the feel of the place was nice next to the water and being around others enjoying the great summer weather.

The staff/owners have always been extremely accommodating and the diversity of the staff is nice to see. The bar/club is located roughly five minutes from HB in a relaxing, open environment.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I really like this place.

It's located pretty close to Stauffacher. During summer, they have tables outside overlooking the little stream (not enough to be a river) which are nice, birght and airy. The bar indoors is absolutely fantastic. I love the way it's decorated. It's full of wood and decorated with hundreds of posters, pics and artefacts. Che Guevara plays a great part in the décor and I totally love it.

I haven't eaten here, only had a few drinks at lunchtime, but I surely intend to.

The service was really good. I was extremely pleased to see international people working here. As a coloured person myself, I like to see my people represented. Well done to the manager and recruiter.

Will be back soon and hope to come more often.