“Very Nice !!!”

Ranked #41 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very Nice !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Presidential Suite is so huge, and CHEAP. It covered almost the entire topmost floor. The interior is just so elegant. The shower, the bath, the toilet, the bed, the writing desk, the windows and everything is just so awesome. The view? Amazingly fantastic...

Room Tip: Take the Presidential Suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Dato W
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you had a wonderful stay at our Presidential Suite! Indeed, it is a fantastic place - on top of Zurich - to be!
I am looking forward to welcome you back soon? Warm regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Swisshotel Zurich is five minutes by train from the Zurich Airport. Get off at Oerlikon station and it's literally just across the street, where we got on a train the next morning to Basel. There is a square just outside the hotel with many restaurants to choose from, although I would recommend the bar/lounge/restaurant in the hotel. In the morning, the square turned into a farmer's market with flowers and cheese trucks as well. The staff was friendly and professional. Emotions Manager, Jenny Cardinaud, went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect. Our room was recently renovated, well appointed, and had a a beautiful view of Zurich. I look forward to staying there again! Next time I will bring a bathing suit to enjoy the rooftop spa and infiniti pool. Thanks, Jenny!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nottoobizilizi
Dear Nottoobizilizi
...with pleasure! I am more than happy to read, that everything was better than expected ☺ Please contact me anytime if there is anything I can do for you, I am more than happy to assist. With my best regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at the Swissotel recently for a meeting in Zurich. Fantastic is all I need to say. Everything. Although there were renovations going on the staff was so friendly, humble and motivated. I have seldomly seen that. The conference facilities were outstanding, the food in banquets, WOW. I have never seen so high quality food for over 300 people being served in such a perfection.
When I come back to Zurich, I will stay here again. Definitely.

Room Tip: The rooms are all small but you get everything you need.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lara D
What a great feedback about our meeting facilities and banquets food - I will directly forward it to our Food & Beverage team - thank you!
Sunny regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great stay started at the friendly reception. Had a very nice room with a view towards the square. The breakfast buffet was nice in the morning and the same space turned into a bar/restaurant at night with a good atmosphere. I was in Zurich for business and the close proximity of trams and trains made the location convenient even though Oerlikon is a bit out of the main centre. You can be anywhere within minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric H
Dear Eric H
Thank you for your positive review! Great that met our wonderful Front Office team. I hope to welcome you back soon. Best regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed in Swissotel on my way from USA to Russia. Since taxi service in Switzerland is the most expensive in Europe, I was eager to find a hotel which is close to the airport and the center. The hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport by train and is located across the train station. It is especially convenient since there are a lot of small food/ newspaper stands around it as well as Starbucks.
The tram station is right outside the hotel too- it takes you right to the center of Zurich. I love riding the tram because if you are pressed for time, it is like an extra excursion around the town.
Rooms are very comfortable and the reception staff is extremely welcoming and professional. They even gave me an umbrella since it started raining. All the maps are also available downstairs in the lobby.
My most favorite part was the 24/7 gym on the top floor. I even worked out there at 3 a.m. before heading to the airport.
Going to the airport in the morning was so easy- roll your bag to the station, board a train and you are there.
All in all, amazing value, comfort and service. Unbeatable location too!

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and it was super quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank OlgaLimassol
Dear OlgaUES
Seems, that we pleased a Business person's needs - I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, our location and our 24h gym! Thank you for yxour great review.
Warm regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Proceeded to stay at this hotel after reading guides from TripAdvisor. Perfect in every way. It's alil far off from Zurich city, but the hotel is just right in front of the train stop. Lobby was under renovations, but no problem for us.
We had a lovely room on the 23rd floor, and it was good.
The front desk even remembered my name and referred to me all the time during my stay. Didnt get to try the pork. Internet was good too. Shopping centre located just opposite it had some really good roast chicken and pork.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lups8
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear lups8
I am more than happy to read, that we could "wow" you and I will forward your kind feedback to our Front Desk team! Warm regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed 5 nights in room 2014, booked directly from hotel website. Chosen this hotel because of it’s location.
Right opposite Oerlikon train station, one stop away from airport and 2 stop to Zurich HB. There is always a train to Zurich HB almost every 5-10 mins. Easy to purchase you day pass or the intercity ticket from the ticket office, it’s less crowed here than Zurich HB.

Check in/out was fast, front desk staff were cheerful and helpful.

I was delighted when I entered the room. Spacious clean room, looks like it was recently refurnished, except the carpeted floor there were obvious dirty stains left over by previous stayer. Furniture look new, big TV with many English channels. Room theme color green my favorite color, looks very refreshing. Good sound proof glass window, really keeps away the noise created by the construction and the passing trains. Being a Circle member, had free wifi in the room.
There are many supermarkets(one right in front of hotel-Migros & one back of hotel-Coop) ,eateries and fashion shops around hotel vicinity.

Overall – a pleasant stayed, will definitely stay here again in my next trip.

Room Tip: Premier room more comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JeremySIN
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear JeremySIN
Sunny greetings! I am more than happy to read. that you enjoyed your stay in our "Premier room". Please let me know, when you stay with us the next time, then I'll get sure that you will have the same room. Warm regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager