“Excellent Service , Great Location”
Review of Swissotel Zurich

Swissotel Zurich
Ranked #33 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The location of the Hotel is great , right across from Oerlikon Station which is 5 mins from Zurich airport and 6-7 mins from main train station and very close to old town. We spend 5 days in Swissotel and were really impressed with the outstanding service of the staff. The 3 folks that really went beyond our expectation were Luca, Antonia n Mike. All 3 made our stay really comfortable . We reached Zurich the day of my birthday and my husband want to take me out for dinner & he had asked Luca for recommendations. The place they recommended was great , amazing food and when we returned to our hotel they had left a birthday card and cake for us. WHich was really sweet of the staff. We could go and ask them on recommendations on food to buying chocolates and gifts for our girls. They were really helpful. They help us rent the car and since we don't speak German helped us with setting up the navigation system . We were in Europe for 2 weeks and the service and staff at Swissotel was the best and had exceeded our expectation. expectations. I would definitely be staying at Swissotel again if I ever visit Zurich and will be recommending it to my family and friends. Thankyou Luca, Antonia & Mike for making our stay in Zurich so pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear SSha1kh
Thank you for your wonderful review - I am so glad that we could exceed your expectations. We are also happy to have Luca, Antonia and Mike in our team, and I will directly forward your great feedback to them. I hope to welcome you back one day! With my best regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,308)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Please visit this hotel. Very charming and reliable service team.
Is totally a haven and would love to be back and enjoy all their other facilities.
Visit them and make yourself a very memorable Swiss

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Jeanette C
THANK YOU for this charming and great review! Short and lovely! Sunny regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location of this hotel is really nice, since it is across the street from the Oerlikon train station, which is easily accessible from the airport and the main train station in Zurich. There are frequent trips to each of these locations from here, which made it convenient.

The hotel lobby is currently undergoing renovations, but the renderings will make this place look really nice. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby, and a couple of computers that you can use. The concierge desk is a little strange since there is an employee sitting at a random desk in the middle of the lobby without any signage.

Check in was really nice and quick. The person remembered us and our room number later in the day, so the customer service was nice. We also called for a cork screw, and they all called us by name and quickly came to the room to open the wine bottle.

The room is basic. It was decorated really well. The bed was comfortable, and there were a lot of different TV stations in many languages. The shower had amazing pressure. The only downside is that the bathroom is a bit small, and the toilet is located right next the door and the toilet paper is located on the other side of the bathroom. Why not mount the roll right next to the toilet, like under the sink.

There is a nice gym on the 32nd floor with a great pool. It has really nice views of Zurich.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoysInNY

Dear BoysInNY
Greetings from Zurich and thank you for your review! As you have stated correctly we are in our last meters of renovation. The desk in the middle of the lobby is mine! Our new concept allows, that we are the lobby's hosts, being flexible with our laptop. Is there a next time at Swissôtel Zurich? I am more than happy to invite you for a coffee at my desk!è Warm regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Spent three nights last week at this property. We had meeting space on the 31st floor + eight sleeping rooms. Perfect in every way. All requests were handled promptly; the catering breaks and lunches were outstanding and plentiful to please guests from Latin America, Asia and all over Europe. When the construction is completed around the train station the location will be even better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear FEBennett
What a great review! Thank you, I am more than happy that your stay (for 8 rooms) and meetings was better than expected. I send you sunny regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Swissotel is conveniently located at the train station of Oerlikon which is just 4 minutes journey to the airport and 6 minutes to the main train station of Zurich. It has a lot of convenient infrastructure around, such as supermarkets, shops (including a health store) and department stores (Coop), post, ticket offices etc. The hotel is a large building with an excellent kitchen and wonderful service. I stay often in Swissotel and enjoythere a *wonderful* service. The moto of Swissotel in Zurich is to make guests enjoy their stay even more than they expected or hoped, and the staff really makes efforts to reach this challenging goal. The breakfast is rich and also the service during breakfast and the atmosphere are brilliant. I warmly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eldad D
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Eldad D
Reading your words, I am proud that you as a guest can feel our philosophy! Your review is great and I thank you for your words. I will forward it to my colleagues and I am sure your words will make them smile. Thank you again and best regards from Zurich, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was my third visit in zurich in the last year and the third visit in swissotel. After my first visit in this hotel I knew this hotel is my home in zurich. I stayed 4 nights in room 2415. Lovely room with mountains view. The room was very clean. The best bed I ever had. If you try it during the day you probably will not leave the room... The breakfast is great. They do not miss anything. I had free wi fi which worked really good. The new look of the refurnished lobby is modern, much much better then before. The staff in the front desk are very welcoming and do the best to help with everything. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport by train and 7 minutes to the city center. I can not wait for my next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Michalstern

Dear Michalstern
Wow, what a lovely review - thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words and I would be more than happy if you contact me when you stay with us the next time under jenny.cardinaud@swissotel.com. I am looking forward to meet you in peson! With my best regards, Jenny Cardinaud - Emotions Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked this at last minute after having a reservation for a different hotel in Zurich. I was only in Zurich one afternoon/night so the convenience of the hotel being right off the train was perfect. Check-in was a breeze and the girl working the desk was very polite and sweet. Hotel view looked north towards airport which was great. Sadly I didn't get to enjoy some of the "extras" the hotel has to offer but will definitely stay again. A little pricey but in a safe area and the staff was good and location paid for itself. I had an early flight so sleeping a little extra and getting to the train was a breeze.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room with a view! I could of sat at the window all afternoon!