“Lovely hotel, if a little pricey”
Review of Swissotel Zurich

Swissotel Zurich
Ranked #39 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, if a little pricey”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay in if you're visiting Zurich. It's a little out of town but very close to the tram stop that takes you to and from the airport, and into the city centre (both within 10-15 mins). The hotel is clean and comfortable, the breakfast and room service has an excellent choice of food, the staff are friendly and helpful and speak perfect English. My only quibble is what they charge you for extras - over a 4 days the room service and internet costs almost doubled my bill, so I'm glad it was a business trip and I wasn't spending my own money! In fairness Switzerland is a very expensive country overall, but other hotels of a similar standard have complimentary internet, whereas these guys charged 19 Francs (UK£12) per day. Other than that I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you, sunshine383 for this nice review! If you sign up for our complimentary Loyality Program "Swissôtel Circle", you enjoy free WiFi in all Swissôtels wordlwide!
Warm regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Haninge
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The SPA is today a very pleasant thing to have in many gyms and hotels even homes. One will always want to go to such to relax. It was very surprising that a big hotel like yours should have a spa which is mixed and that is not openly indicated in its brouchers and reception. The receptionist at the spa lied at us that the spa was seperated, but to my surprise when I went in I was faced by naked men. We are families who were there during the Atheletics championships not swingers. This was such disrespect from the receptionist who chose to mis-inform. The hotel can build seperate spas for men and women. Its cheap today

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear 56Stefan2014 , respecting your review I want to distance our hotel from your mentioned view of our sauna. It is common in Switzerland, that the sauna is unisex and the atmosphere is always reliable in our sauna. Therefore we have employees working in the SPA, who care that everything is running in a seriuos way. However, I deeply apologize, that our employee gave you a wrong information. If you have further questions, I am happy to assist and I hope, you had a great time at the Athletics? Sunny regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager
Lugano
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I visited many times swissotel in Zürich and I was always very satisfied! Unfortunately this time was a very bad experience.

I was in Zürich from 30 until 31 August 2014, room 1501.

The only kind and proactive person was the one at the check-in. She was incredible kind and very professional!!!

During my stay all the others people were not motivated and unprofessional.

Here my bad service experience

... at SPA: the employee even does not look at you when you are talking with her. Do I disturb?!

... By calling "guest services": I needed a taxi exactly in front of the hotel in 10 minutes and they told me that was not possible because they are just in front at the rail station. I think that it was possible, when a client clearly asked for this!

... At the bar: the client need to wait a lot to have the pleasure to order some drinks! Is this a 4 stars service or a bar in hostel?In addition the glasses were not exactly clean...

... At the reception for my check-out I was trying to explain why my stay was not perfect as usual it was....but the young employee just did not pay so much attention: she just told me "ok. I will take note" and she interrupted me before I had finished to list all my issues

In addition I needed to ask 2 times in order to use the PC at the reception area.

I had the feeling that this employee at check out did not care at all about my kind explanations for the poor service received!

Generally speaking I was not feeling "Welcome" at all anymore, which it was really different from my past stays and reviews!

Guests are just looking for a SMILE and a "thank you"... Why is becoming so difficult to get??

After 6 years of personal loyality, it is time for me for a change of hotel! Good bye Swissotel... You are not any more the great business hotel that you were!

Unfortunaly I fehlt that Swissotel is now only a neutral hotel, without "personality" and without proactive approach for their regular guests!

• Stayed August 2014
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Cliente_esigente
Your feedback is very honest and your words are exactly those words, I never want to read. As I realize, that we simply failed during your stay, I hope that I can get in personal contact with you. My mail adress is jenny.cardinaud@swissotel.com. Warm regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

If you Need a decent hotel near the station this is worth trying. Stayed here loads. Decent rooms, good view if you ask for high floor. Good pool on the top floor and decent bar for working or socialising.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you, webby_169 for your good review! Happy regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager
N.y.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The hotel was a pleasure to stay in. Superb Front Desk staff - helpful and friendly. Modern and very clean. We arrived very early and hotel was able to accommodate us with no problem. Restaurant had a great choice for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear 195GN, I am happy to hear that you had a good stay. We are always happy, if we can arrange early check ins, especially after a long flight :-) Sunny regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager
Perth Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Check in and out was slow. they had groups checking in at 7am when we are trying to check out to catch a plane. no effort was make to allow us to jump the queue or ask our time frame. We felt staff were just going through the motions. On arrival in our room we were horrified to discover the toilet hadn't been flushed from previous guest/s. The hotel is not in the main city. We would not recommend this hotel to our worst enemies.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear TerryA600LI , your review has a hard wording and I accept, that you were not satisfied due to standing in a row and the bathroom situation.
For me, it is very important to get your room number or last name, so I can find out, what went wrong with your room cleaning. I deeply apologize for this unprofessional accident - truely!
You can contact me under jenny.cardinaud@swissotel.com. I hope to hearing from you. With my best regards, Jenny - Emotions Manager
Oman
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed with them 1 night with family from 21st August to 22nd August . Nice hotel with friendly staff and the hotel is located opposite Oerlikon train station -so connectivity to airport and main city is very good .

Our Room was nice except the bed was 2 single beds joined together , would have definitely preferred a kingsize bed ( had actually requested this at time of booking ) . However the staff joined the 2 single beds together which did leave gap between the two . Otherwise the hotel is nice and would definitely stay there again on my next trip .

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view