“very poor”
Review of Thai Bamboo

Thai Bamboo
Ranked #1,357 of 1,944 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai-Restaurant und Take-Away mit Tischen drinnen und draussen.
Description: Thai-Restaurant und Take-Away mit Tischen drinnen und draussen.
Berlin, Germany
“very poor”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I have been there several times and it was always tasty an relativly fresh prepared. Tonight a did choose a pad thai, an easy to prepare fried noodle dish. It was dry like hell, didn't have a taste and they didn't even have a slice of a lemon. ( I did ask ). The staff wasn't surprised, when I told her how bad it was. It is very sad to see this happen as I always enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Warsaw, Poland
“like in Bangkok”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was about 23.00 , after the reach dinner we were walking in the Old Town , looking for this Thai Restaurant , we saw it before. The restaurant was already closed. I saw some movement inside and I knock the door. After 20 minutes we eate as traditional Tom Yum Kung -as in the best restaurants in Thailand. Some other people followed us. Restaurant was reopened. Kop kun krap! It was delicious.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andrzej R
Vienna, Austria
“Decent Thai Imbiss at a very decent price”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Very friendly staff, very nice spicy Thai food at a decent price (compare to other places in Zurich). - Had a (at least to my taste) very nice dish at approx. 15 CHF.
Regarding atmosphere, well what can I say, it's mainly a take-away with seating inside and outside (which by the way are *much* nicer that some other take-aways I've seen in Zurich).
Been there a few months ago and returned on my very next visit to Zurich one week ago.

• Visited June 2013
Brugg, Switzerland
“Very cheap”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Finding a cheap place (under 20fr.) to eat in Zürich is close to impossible, so seeing that Thai Bamboo serves a plate of Pad Thai Noodles for 10fr. tempted me. I went for Pad Thai Noodles with chicken, which increased the price to 15fr - which is still considerably cheap for Zürich!
I didn't expect much for this price, and turned out I shouldn't either. The food did not taste very good and ridiculing comments from the staff/friends of the staff made the experience scrape the bottom.

That said, not much should be expected for this price, but treating customers with a bit of respect could at least be expected.

• Visited February 2013
Canton of Bern, Switzerland
“Cheap good food”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

A dish for only 15 CHF!! Their Tom Kha Gai and Red Curry are my favourites. Chicken in Satay Sauce is also beloved among my friends. Also don't forget their delicious Papaya Salad. The staffs are very friendly.

• Visited November 2012