25hours Hotel Zurich West
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,314 results
All reviewsping pong tabletoni arealtram stopfun hotelmini coopercity centrefunky hotelfree bikesbluetooth speakerbusiness districtnumber trammodern designbusiness triphotel is locatedtop floorthe hotel offerszurich hb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I'm staying here because of a dance conference and am so glad. I would never have stayed here otherwise. The staff are welcoming and professional, the room is so comfy (amazing shower) and the breakfast is worth every penny and then some (French toast!).

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Located in the sad industrial zone near the Technopark in Zurich west, the hotel is surrounded by industrial parks, building sites, highway overpasses and businesses, which leaves the area very dead at night. The 25Hour is, however, extremely well-connected by a tram direct to the central station and only a few stops away from the buzzing Escher-Wyss / Schiffbau area where you can find tons of interesting restaurants, movies, galleries, etc.

The Upside : The 25hours hotel is very modern, clean and fresh. The staff at the front desk is super friendly and I just loved the funky decor of the lobby. The rooms are quiet, and, even though you can hear a passing train from the hotel, the sound is pretty muted so it was not disturbing. Wifi is a must these day and unlike other large chains, it's offered free here. There are also more than enough electrical outlets for laptop, phone charger, etc. A nice extra touch is that a recyclable messenger bag is in the room for use during your stay.

The Downside : Breakfast is not included in the room and at around 25CHF is just too pricey. This is what one would pay in the large chain hotels and I somehow expected a more affordable offering. There are no cafes nearby but unless you eat a lot for breakfast it is not worth the price. Many mid-range hotels in Zurich offer breakfast and even a mini version of the buffet could be included in the room price.

This is a really young, trendy boutique hotel, with a fabulous staff, and large, super-clean rooms. It is filled with mostly young business travelers and younger guests so I suppose it has a niche clientele. There are many other well-known hotels in the area, like Novotel, Ibis and Sheraton, and I think the 25Hour easily competes with them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank jacqand
Reviewed 20 February 2014

At first, the Hotel all looked nice, with friendly staff at the front desk. But then when I entered the bathroom of my room I was very dissapointed, it was full of old hair left from some other guest. So first thing I had to do was to get down on my knee and clean it. Disgusting! Next time I will stay at Hotel Novotel.

When it comes to sustainability I can't see that the Hotel would make any special effort in this area. They did have some organic products, and they light was turned off automatically, but I didn't notice any recycling. And there was no option of not having the towels changed. I also did not find any information regarding carbon footprint on the homepage of the Hotel. Their focus is mainly on design and not on the environment. I think the Hotel should use some service such as www.ecompter.com to try to improve in this area. Because of that I will also choose Novotel next time, they have a program to reduce the carbon footprint, www.accor.com/en/sustainable-development/the-7-pillars-of-planet-21/carbon.html.

The restaurant served nice food, but here you can also see that the environment is of no concern for 25 hours Hotel, they served king prawns, even though it has been well known for ten years that this is not a suistainable choice.

It was not possible to cover the windows with the curtains, they were too short, so the outside light disturbed my sleeping.

Location is excellent for business, but dull if you are in Zürich for pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask if they have rooms where the bathroom floor has been cleaned.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank London2014
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel Zurich West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear London2014

Many thanks for your review. I am sorry that the bathroom cleanliness was not as it should be. The 5 points in cleanliness at the Tripadvisor rating summary prove that this is not our standard at all. I do apologize for this shortcoming and just may encourage you to inform front desk staff immediately at a next comparable situation, whether at one of the 25hours hotels or another hotel. They will remedy such deficiencies promptly.

As it is almost a worldwide standard, we waive to explain it explicitly but also the 25hours Hotels follow the rule: towels will be changed when lying on the floor or after a certain duration of stay. The Swiss are sometimes called “world champions in recycling” – that obliges!  Please be assured that we recycle paper, carton, glass, PET etc. accordingly. Of course, the king prawns served at our restaurant come from traceable sustainable farms.

Maybe you are interested not only to read my answer but also to prove it. Therefore, if you should be interested in a second stay at our hotel, please contact me at gm.zuerichwest@25hours-hotels.com – it would be my pleasure to show you around and answer any questions you might have. I would also give me the possibility to present you our certificate of finding infinity (http://www.findinginfinity.com/about) - we are in the certification process right now.

Best regards

Anita Vogler
25hours Hotel Zurich West

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Overall really enjoyed this hotel. Definitely in the funkier part of Zurich (which we appreciated). Be sure to check out the Viadukt (nearby/walkable) for indy shopping and mini food hall. And have drinks at Clouds (top of the tallest building in Zurich).

The room was nice, but yeah...kind of over the whole exposed bathroom thing. Though I was traveling with a companion...it was still really awkward to use the restroom as it is very very exposed. No privacy at all.

But the room was very clean with a little hipster vibe. Entire staff was great. Bar and resto were fun to lounge/hang-out in.

Really, only minor complaint is that the morning coffee bar is 7CHF (about 9 bucks US). I understand that it is Zurich and prices are sky high, but this just seemed silly. Granted, there is a Nespresso type thing in the room. Couldn't quite get it to work. Oh, and bed was not super comfy (but really spoiled by all the Heavenly Beds and their ilk in the states).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I usually stay at the greulich while in Zurich and this time we opted for the 25th hour. Having stayed at their Frankfurt branch, i knew what the 25th hour hotels are about: design rooms, good nights sleep and friendly staff. The Zurich branch is not exception to the rule! Had a really great sleep, room is very nice and large. We tried the restaurant and their neni kitchen is fresh and tasty. Free bikes are available for guest: make the most of it while in Zurich! Especially since the location is not so great (it's in Zurich west,2 min from the tram yet very industrial). With the bicycle you're 2 min from viadukt and other cool and trendy places.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple