“Trendy”

Ranked #15 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Trendy”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

this is a hotel suitable for all sort of travellers. it is a bit of distance to the main city, if I get my direction right. but, it is absolutely not an issue if you know how to use their train. train stop is just few walks away from the hotel itself, it is really convenient. within the hotel vicinity, there are convenient store, some food & beverage outlets, pretty basic but good enough if you are too lazy to get into the city center, after all it is not that far away if you take a cab.

front desk staff Jasmine and Anja are really helpful and friendly. the room are very cozy, smell fresh and after all it is a non-smoking hotel. decoration in the room are trendy. I am absolutely happy with my stay here.

breakfast is good but too pricy, not wide spread. but enough to fill your tummy. you must try their lamb dish in the restaurant and it's the best lamb I have ever tasted in Europe. tender and juicy, not overcooked, literally melt in your mouth kinda feeling.

free bike and mini cooper rental if you know your way in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AnitaVogler, General Manager at 25hours Hotel Zurich West, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Kota Kinabalu

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

We really appreciate your good review. I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and will forward your compliment to the front office team.

Yes, it's a fact, that we are some stops away from the old city center. But as you have described, a tram station (Toni-Areal) is located next to the hotel and the ride to the center only take a few minutes. We also recommend our guests to explore Zurich West. The district offers so many hot spots: great restaurants and bars, small boutiques, vintage stores, galleries and parks are just a few steps away.

Should one of your next trips bring you back to Zurich we would be delighted to welcome you here with us again.

Warm regards

Anita Vogler
25hours Hotel Zurich West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chesterland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very clean and modern hotel. There is a window between the bathroom that looks out over the bed that is half covered with mirror. Might be a problem for a mom/dad with son/daughter combo. The hotel recognizes this and mentioned they have a fix when I checked in but it wasn't a problem for us. Clerks speak excellent English so check-in was fast and easy and it was raining that day so when we went out we borrowed an umbrella from them - very helpful. Room was ample by European standards with spacious shower. Shower is zero curb so you do get a little water seeping into the bathroom floor. We had a quiet room with a firm bed even though our room overlooked a train route. The train was quiet and never bothered us.

Breakfast was 25 Euro which to us was outrageous. On our first day out we took the #4 downtown to Zurich HB and found a COOP (grocery store) and got a liter of milk and a variety of pastries for 7 Euro - sat in a park behind the COOP and had breakfast on the shore of the Limmat. With a few leftovers we fed the ducks and the swans. Not a bad start to our adventure.

We use public transportation when we travel so access in and around is very important. We took the S16 from Zurich airport (Flughaven) to the Hardebrucke station which takes about 10 minutes. When you ride the S16 there will be a video screen and signs at the station telling you when you get there. Get off and go up to the street level. You will be on a bridge - walk downhill and the first street you come to is Pfingstweidstrasse. Cross the street and turn left (away from the pub on the corner) and go about 1/3 of a mile and it is on the right. If you get lost just ask - people are friendly and helpful. When you are at the hotel you are 300' away from a tram (like an electric bus on rails) where you can go anywhere in the city. I somewhat disagree about getting a Zurich card for 24 Euros/ day. You can get a 24 hour travel ticket for around 8 Euros. The Zurich card gets you free transportation and into most of the museums in town. So if you are going to visit two museums that day then it is worth it. If you only are going to your hotel and then just getting your bearings buy the 24 hour pass. They can be purchase at any tram/train station and at the airport and the electronic ticket machine is in English.

If you exit the hotel and go left and keep going straight there are restaurants in that direction. To the right we could not find much. We encourage you to explore Zurich. It is very expensive by Midwest standards but a beautiful city to explore and enjoy.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and at least 3 floors up.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ParkTraveler2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I want to give 3.5 out of 5 or good for the review as it is better than average but not very good in its price range. I travel to Zurich every two months for business and for the most of time stay in 25 hours. It is trendy, friendly and quite comfortable.

Location: about 8 tram stops (Tram No.4) away from the central train station. It is right next to the tech park, several blocks of office buildings so not very lively neighborhood at all.

Food: They don't provide room service but you can take away food from their restaurant on the ground floor. Food is good quality and delicious. Not cheap but is at par of Zurich living standard. No complimentary bottle water available in the room.

Room: trendy and new with comfortable bed. Nice shower as well. I always ask for a quiet room but find some rooms are close to some central air conditioning machines (I cannot be sure what machines exactly) and even they are facing the quiet side, it is still noisy with some sound like an old air conditioning noise or vetting machine which cannot be switched off. That kept me awake until 3 am and I did check every button in the room to switch everything. But the noise does not take place in all rooms so I will still give it a go next time.

Value for money: quite good but not very good.

I would recommend for business travel but will not recommend for pleasure as it is too big and feel a bit far away from the central Zurich.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsChiefNiao
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first time at a 25 Hours Hotel and it certainly won't be the last.

Pretty much everything about this hotel was excellent: the design, the rooms, the staff, the free wifi, the cleanliness, the quality, the quietness, the functionality, the service, the value-for-money (for Swiss standards).

The location of the hotel is good too even though it is not in the city center. However, it is located in an modern, new, part of the city, which is still being developed, and which appears to become quite trendy. The connection with the city center is also very convenient as one of the tram lines to the city center stops almost right outside the door of the hotel and takes you in less than 15 minutes to or from the center. If you plan to make more than 1 journey by public transport a day, you're best off to get a day (24 hour) pass.

The only thing that could be improved is the pricing of the breakfast. If you book a flexible room rate, then you can add a breakfast for 2 persons for 15 francs per person. However, if you book a cheaper room rate, then the breakfast price is 25 francs per person. It would be better if that was also 15 francs per person.

We would definitely stay here again, and we are already thinking about staying at other 25 Hours Hotels hoping that we will find the same excellence there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peri&rini
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Started and finished our trip to Switzerland by staying at this hotel. Staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable. Helped with travel to downtown and to the airport. Breakfast buffet was very good. Rooms were "modern" and comfortable. Would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Hotel is in industrial area a bit out from downtown. 10 minutes by tram to center city, 20 minutes t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Noblehouse47
Paris, France
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here on business.

Unfortunately I didnt arrrive until 11pm but I had the feeling this is a great place. Not in the centre of town but 12 mins on the tram which stops outside the door.

The staff where warm and friendly, check in took 2 mins and the room was new and clean. I slept like a log and refreshed under the power shower in the morning. I would have given it 5 stars but I didnt have long enough to enjoy the place properly. As I left I wrote one of the free postcards at reception that the hotel posts for free!!

I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for a night (quick visit in Zurich), but I wish I could have stayed many more! The room was fantastic, clean, super design, the hotel is in a great location in bustling Kreis 5 and very comfortable for where I needed to be. Tram stop just next to the hotel, a very short trip to the main station (Hauptbahnhof). There is an excellent cafe right next to the hotel (I don't think it belongs to the hotel though), their espresso is fantastic.
I would have given 5 points, but I must take one out because the staff at the check-in/check-out counter was sooooo slow! But they were really nice, it just took forever to get in and out.
Will definitely come back here when in Zurich, and will definitely recommend the place to others!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo