“Great chinese food in friendly atmosphere ”
Review of Ya Ke

Ya Ke
Ranked #441 of 1,987 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I've been there a couple of times and was always satisfied. The food is tasty and the portions are quite big. Especially the crispy duck is very tasty and always a reason to return to this restaurant. Also the plum wine is not to be missed :)
The owner is very welcoming and helpful if you don't know what to eat.
As others have mentioned, the location is not so great, but the food definitely makes up for it.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Decided to check tripadvisor to find a different restaurant in zurich, wanted to try something new outside old town (where i normally eat when i'm around). This chinese intrigued me and got all instructions to get there by tram from central station. Arrived there the rest was empty, strange to be nr. 7 in the ranking. Anyway, hv to say prices for lunch are at last page of the menu and there was a good variety of dishes. Owner is not fluent in english but we managed to communicate. Yes, she's very kind as others have mentioned already. Food is fine, main dish served with rice and soup. What can i say, it's an ok restaurant.

1  Thank brig-cris
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wife had a terrible craving for Chinese food after being away from home for about a week :). She randomly did a search on Tripadvisor and entered this into the GPS.

According to existing reviews, this place was inconspicuous indeed. Nestled in the middle of apartment blocks, and not being in a zone surrounded with many other restaurants, we were on high alert to ensure that we do not miss it.

The ambience and the warmth of the owners greeted us.

We ordered 3 dishes: beef, bean sprouts and pork. Photos are attached.

The taste was nothing short of home! These tasted exactly the same, if not better, than home-cooked food in Singapore. You have got to try it. Every bite was just as delicious as the previous one.

Dinner ended with a complimentary treat from the owners for us.

Excellent, will definitely visit again if we are in zurich.

1  Thank BigTAfan
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Located about two blocks from Lochergut Tram stop with the Tram #2 or #3. This small Mom & Pop restaurant with about 11 tables seating sizes from three to seven people per table. Music plays in the background and there are daily newspapers for guests to read. During my visit only three other tables were occupied, so it was a nice relaxing spot for lunch.

This restaurant excels in customer service. I was checked on before, during and after my meal about my pleasure with my meal. They offer about five daily lunch special ranging in price from CHF 14.50-19.50. These specials are listed at the menu posted outside the door and also at the very back of the menu card.

I opted for the Sweet and sour chicken CHF 16.50 which comes with soup and rice. I alsoportions were fresh, large and very good.

The bathrooms were clean.

Before I left, the lady owner made it a point to shake my hand and thank me for my visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went there because of the previous reviews and I was not disappointed ! We first had samosa and springrolls, both dishes were very tasty and accompanied with hot sauces. As main courses we had fried rice with beef and sechuan style beef, once again the dishes were really tasty and the portions generous. All in all if you are looking for authentic chinese cuisine without all the irrelevant fanciness of expensive restaurants: Ya Ke is the place to go. We were quite sorry to be the only guests of the restaurant that night as it truely deserves better ! The tenants are also very kind and smiling. Will definitely go back there again soon.