“3-week stay”

Sheraton Zurich Hotel
Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Zurich West for three weeks. It's by far the BEST hotel in the area and I've stayed at several of them. The rooms are large and clean with no outside noise; the staff are very customer-focused. Two employees were especially attentive and always helpful; Markus at the front desk and Nicole in the restaurant are top notch and go above and beyond to ensure guests enjoy their stay. The location was perfect for me, just a three-minute walk to the office. For those worried that it's too far from downtown, you should know that the #4 tram stops right outside the Sheraton and it's only a ~10-15 minute ride to the Central station. Additionally, you can take the train from the Zurich airport to the train stop near the hotel (5-min walk). You will also find a couple restaurants in the Technopark area nearby. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are especially nice but any room is good. If you're not an SPG member, sign up befo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Wally B
SvenLehmann, General Manager at Sheraton Zurich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Wally B,

Thank you so very much for your fantastic review.

Wow - being the BEST hotel in the area for you is truly a great compliment and praise, especially for our associates and also because you have been a guest with us for a longer period of time, experiencing our services inside and out. I will make sure to share all your kind words within the whole team and most importantly directly with Markus and Nicole who took such good care of you while being with us.

Again, thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Zurich Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been staying here for the past two day and the staff is awesome. The breakfast in the Sheraton Club was delicious and I am impressed. The hotel is new, clean, quite nice, and the rooms are great size. Everything is new and modern - impressive.

All that being said, there is a 10-15 minute tram ride (with a fee or you need to buy a pass) to get here - and to go pretty much anywhere too; so plan your time accordingly. I say that, but it's really not bad. When I first arrived, I kept thinking "how much further, what I did I do," but it's works.

If I was coming to sightsee, would I stay here again? Probably not, just a little too far from everything happening in the City Center. Is it worth the money compared to the other hotels, Wifi, Breakfast, etc - Yes!

The choice is yours, either way it's a great place.

Room Tip: Club floor, top level, includes breakfast, snacks, even a light dinner too - free.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank UFcraigFL
SvenLehmann, General Manager at Sheraton Zurich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear UFcraigFL,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us along with all our new and modern facilities and amenities. Great that our associates made you feel so very welcome and helped you during your stay. We always seek to exceed the expectations of our guests - so many thanks for highlighting this, showing us that the efforts do not pass by unnoted - I will make sure to share your compliments with the whole team.

Even though we are not directly located in the old town, we would be delighted to welcome you back soon at Sheraton Zurich in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I find Zurich in general to be an expensive and mediocre hotel city. The hotels rarely get renovated and I am often paying $500 per night+ for not much. This new Sheraton on the #4 tram line is a great price/value and quite luxurious option. If it has one drawback, it is that it is 15 minutes on the tram to/from the city center. I found riding the trams provided me great people watching and was painless.

It is brand new property. Beds super comfortable and sheets of good quality. The club lounge offers Tea and Cappuccinos espresso's all day. They do a tea service in the lounge around 4PM and then a happy hour with hot food and free wine/beer from 6-9PM.....Great value in a city like Zurich. Breakfast in the dining room was Very ample and the service was with a smile.

Front desk staff were always willing to help out as were the bellman. Everyone was friendly. If I have one suggestion, it would be to have a "restaurant list" of local restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

I would not hesitate to stay at this property again and I would recommend it to everyone. Safe travels!

Room Tip: High floor so you have a view of Zurich.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank NYCshopper

Dear NYCshopper,

Thank you so very much for such a positive review on your recent stay with us.

Its great to read that you had such a pleasant time at Sheraton Zurich, you enjoyed the facilities - especially the club lounge - of our new hotel and that all our associates made you feel welcome, ensuring that you had a good time while staying in the city. And thanks for the recommendation regarding the restaurant list - I have already forwarded this suggestion to our Front Office Manager to ensure that we will have this handy in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Looking at the reviews we were a little concerned about the location. Ended up really liking it. First time to city center, we took the tram. After that we walked. Enjoyed the neighborhood. Found a great Greek restaurant that we truly enjoyed. Found a number of local, no tourist bars, bakeries and cafés. Spent the days sightseeing and the evenings in the local neighborhood. Node it so much we extended our stay. Staff go out of their way. Building is new and fresh. Gym is good. Al in all a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil G
SvenLehmann, General Manager at Sheraton Zurich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Phil G,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Zurich.

I truly appreciate all of your kind words and am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also your time in Zurich West, which is the up and coming quarter where we are located. Thank you especially for your compliments on our staff. I will make sure to pass along your praises to the team. We always seek to exceed the expectations of our guests and I'm glad to read that those efforts do not go unnoticed.

Hoping to welcome you again to Sheraton Zurich in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed for 5 nights for our honeymoon on an SPG award and could not have been treated better.

We were welcomed and allowed us to check-in at 11am. The hotel itself is only 6 months old and everything is new and works well. We were given an upgraded room due to SPG status, and also provided with the option of free internet as an amenity (which is a good deal since it's otherwise quite expensive).

The room was a good size for Europe and had a true king sized bed. The shower was awesome and the room also had a refrigerator and Nespresso machine with free coffee. We also got free mineral water daily. Our room was somewhat close to the trains, but the hotel is well-constructed and you couldn't hear them with the window closed.

The staff was always happy to accommodate requests, including for ice and a US power adapter.

For those who complain that the hotel isn't centrally located, we didn't find it to be that far. It's a 9-10 minute tram ride into the main train station, and the tram stops directly in front of the hotel. We had a 4 day Swiss Pass so all Zurich (and Swiss transport) was included.

Would definitely stay here again. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jason S
SvenLehmann, General Manager at Sheraton Zurich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Jason S,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Zurich Hotel for your honeymoon trip to Zurich and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is a true pleasure to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and you were impressed by our hotel and thus had a pleasant time staying with us. I am especially happy to hear that the staff were helpful and friendly and you enjoyed all the comforts and services at our hotel that you were looking for during your honeymoon time in Zurich. High levels of service culture and guest satisfaction are our key aims, and I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at Sheraton Zurich. I will make sure to share your kind words and compliments with the whole team.

If one of your next trips brings you back to the city, we would be delighted to welcome you back again to Sheraton Zurich.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

After spending some night in a hotel I will not name I stumbled upon this relatively new Sheraton property. I was overjoyed to be welcomed at check in, made to feel special as a platinum member and totally enjoy the newness of this place. There are still some bugs (shades not working/ terrible food quality room service/restaurant) but the enthusiastic and helpful staff more than made up for that! The showers are a dream, the beds are...well sweet sleepers and the staff just great! Though the property was sold out two nights of my stay I was able to prolong those two nights and, not like my previous place, informed of the rate changes!

Room Tip: High floor corner suites...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank RuediAbtwil_Schweiz

Dear RuediAbtwil_Schweiz,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Zurich Hotel for your recent visit to Zurich and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and that we were able to make you feel home close to home - which is such a nice notion for the team, showing that their daily efforts are paying off. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the whole team.
On the other hand I am sorry to hear of your negative experience regarding the room service/food in restaurant, and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. Please be assured that this was an absolute exception and necessary measures have been taken to avoid such incidents in future.

Thank you very much for your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Sheraton at Pfingstweidenstr. is new and top notch. I have been there now as a hotel guest as well as an event participant. Rooms adhere to the SPG Standard and are nicely designed and of course brand new. The Service is excellent for all hotel services as well as for the event team.
The bar is quite nice as well and offers good food. You can also wander the 600m in the direction of Hardbrücke and enjoy the small bars and restaurants in this upcoming quartier.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank chris_travellonaut
SvenLehmann, General Manager at Sheraton Zurich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear chris_travellonaut,

Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton for your stay in Zurich and for this fantastic review and rating here on tripadvisor.

It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us – as hotel as well as conference guest – and that you had time to explore the surroundings of this upcoming quarter, too. Your compliments towards the level of service and food that you have experienced are highly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with the entire team – it’s always rewarding to know that our efforts as a team, of making your stay and time at our hotel a memorable one, have paid off.

We hope to welcome you back at Sheraton Zurich soon.