“Parkhuus Restaurant Experience & Onyx Bar”
Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #8 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Parkhuus Restaurant Experience & Onyx Bar”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Don't be put off by the name of this restaurent. At first when I looked up the hotel on the web I thought the name parkhuus referred to the carpark however after some pondering I realized this was actually the name of the restaurant. Anyway, if you are looking for a first class dining service with first class food in a wonderful city then this is the place to come! Within the centre of Zurich & with a short walk to the lake my husband & I were treated by my sister & brother-in-law, who live near Zurich, to a wonderful evening with pre dinner drinks in the grand Onyx Bar where you need a good 10mins to digest the different alcoholic & non alcohol cocktails you can order! Followed by wonderful food, cooked to perfection, in the Parkhuus Restaurant that has a 5 star ambiance to whole feel of the restaurant which just adds to the perfect evening! This will be a definate "must visit again" when I return to visit my sister & her husband in the future. Pricy? Yes but worth it!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Mrs. Celine,

First of all let me thank you for choosing the ONYX Bar and the Restaurant "parkhuus" at the Park Hyatt for your last stay in Zurich.

Guest comments are an important channel of feedback to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service. Constructive criticism is very welcome and helps us to improve whatever we do.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with your family in our restaurant and bar so much. Feedback such as yours can only help further motivate our employees to continue to offer outstanding service to all our customers. Our goal is to deliver this high quality of service to every guest, every time.

We would all be very pleased to welcome you and your family back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime, I wish you a pleasent spring and only the best for the year to come.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Park Hyatt Zurich is not very cheap but a great hotel with great amenities, clean modern rooms, excellent house keeping and service personal, reception desk - and restaurant the Parkhus (do not quite remember the spelling).

I would recommend this hotel to business people and travelers alike!

I would love to come back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Monkey2013
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Dear SAB-1977

First of all I would like to thank you for the outstanding feedback regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Comments such as yours are extremely important to us and allow us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your entire stay with us. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind and positive remarks to my entire team.

Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay. We all hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again soon and that your stay will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Oslo
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Great service
Nice furnishing, especially the B&O TV
No free Internet
I must mention that this hotel is definitely on the high side of the price range, even for a Park Hyatt. From my point of view, rooms and some services are largely overpriced, even though I must admit this stay was close to perfection. Luckily I had Gold Passport points to use.

Check in was a delight, smooth and quick and we were accompanied to our room by our check in agent, a young lady, which showed us the room and made sure that everything was perfect for us.

The room was nice and of decent size (we did not receive any upgrade, despite my Goldpassport, so this was the standard room). Fresh fruits and mineral water were available.

The bathroom was also nice with Blaise Mautin amenities, a bathtub and separate ceiling rain shower.

The only thing missing I’m afraid was free Internet. I know Hyatt and Lufthansa for example have the same view on this… They will say if you can afford our room (F class flight), then you sure can afford Internet for a fee. Except that this fee, is the same than what I pay at home for a whole month of broadband. This is simply unreasonable and stupid. This reasoning was valid maybe 10 years ago. Today, Internet is not a luxury anymore; it’s a basic service that is expected to be available wherever, whenever. Just like on your phone, computer, tablet Pc, car, fridge, TV etc… And for a hotel costing that much, the least I can expect is free Internet!

As mentioned before, the B&O TV was great, giving both amazing picture and great sound.

Check out on the following day was fast and easy, almost a perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamesbond_ppk
Dear jamesbond_ppk

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us.

I am glad to hear that our staff earned your praise by exceeding your expectations. They are committed to service excellence and you can rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for the comfort and enjoyment of all our clients, which is our number one priority.

Your comments regarding the Internet have been discussed with the department heads and please be assured that we are most grateful to you for having taken the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to monitor our hotel operations more closely and take corrective actions when necessary.

It is your continued support and loyalty as customers that makes us proud of the work we do and we look forward to warmly welcoming you and your family back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Sincerely

Miami, FL
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This hotel is $880 a night. With that price comes the decor, service and location that one would expect. The design of the room and the public spaces were modern with lots of wood and stone. I used the concierge often and was happy with all the service and recommendations received.

There is not coffee or tea maker in the room which would have been nice.

The only point I have negative to say about the hotel is regarding the bathroom. It is beautiful with floor to ceiling marble. But there are not solid doors on the entrance and little privacy. And because of the marble and lack of doors the sound magnifies throughout the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken the time to write your impressions about Park Hyatt Zurich on Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regard to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our performance.

It makes me proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted that you were happy with the service and recommendations you received from our employees. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team, especially to our concierges.

We also thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the coffee / tea maker and the noise from the bathroom. With great pleasure we will discuss your suggestions with the responsible department heads in order to take corrective action where possible and necessary.

We would all be very pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Jacques Morand
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Yes, this the most expensive hotel in Zurich and, I belive it is well in Top 50 most expensive hotels in Europe.But the service quality that I've experienced over my numerous stays there is just terrific. The facilities are great and the restaurant offers great choice and exceptional quality. The rooms, most probably, are the biggest in town. A room at Hyatt has its distinct scent, and this is really a place you want to be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write your impressions about Park Hyatt Zurich on the Tripadvisor website. Your kind and thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel compliments our staff for their friendly and helpful service and encourages them further to reach new goals and objectives.

I am glad to hear that they have earned your praises by exceeding your expectations. They are committed to service excellence and you can rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for the comfort and enjoyment of all our clients, which is our number one priority.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest on every stay. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future and that your stay will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Jacques Morand
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2012

You pay for it, but its by far the nicest hotel in Zurich. Every service i asked for was prompt and room service was delicious (which is sometimes hard to find in the city) Standard rooms are exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
PH_Zurich, Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear JackieMoon80

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your comments regarding your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to have read that you enjoyed your time here with us.

Feedback such as yours is always well received and can only help further motivate our employees to continue offering outstanding service to all our customers. Words such as yours that compliment our staff for their friendly and helpful service encourage them further to reach new goals and objectives in order to exceed our customer's expectations. I would also like to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the delicious Room Service.

Marcela Herrendoerfer
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
Tokyo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Completely Overpriced and Service Problematic
We stayed at the Park Hyatt Zurich for 4 nights and used most of the facilities & Dining options. The bottom line, besides location this hotel really does not have much to offer given its extremely high prices.
Location is good for sightseeing and shopping around bahnhoffstrasse and close to the lake. Ok, done with the positive let’s move to the sad truth.
Service at the lobby bar was slow and really slow and with an attitude, waited close to 25 ,minutes for a oily eggs during breakfast (two days in a row), staff actually gave a face and said “we are sorry but we are very full”, did she mean the 3 business man having coffee or the couple that was already served, I guess 5 waiters are not enough for 20% occupancy?
If you charge 35EUR for a buffet breakfast doesn’t charging 10 more for eggs seems weird, maybe it’s just me?
Rooms are OK but nothing exceptional for the price. Wi Fi is VERY expensive (I don’t get why a hotel would charge 30EUR a night for WI fi when room rate is close to EUR650, doesn’t this seem a bit stingy?). Wi Fi requires to login every 10 minutes from every device, rather annoying!
Gym is extremely small and ill equipped just some cardio devices, a sad looking multi trainer and some weights. The Sauna’s are very high quality I have to give them that. I liked the little resting area next to them.
Dinner at Parkhuis was not bad, but as with anything else at this hotel over priced and with a little presumptuous attitude. When the side dishes are better than the steaks at a steak house, maybe not the best. I’m very surprised this restaurant is #2 in Zurich on TA, there are sooo many better places/
Won’t go into small details but one thing I can’t shake, as our rooms we pre ordered and paid I found it surprising that during check out we were charged CHF3600, after mentioning this to I the service giver she, without a HINT of an apology, rechecked and after given us a face and some kind “but I asked you already” comment deleted the bill and STILL left one night which we had to correct AGAIN. Come on guys, really? We didn’t even get a hint of an apology.

To summarize, I can’t see why someone would book this hotel, if you can afford this rate go to Dolder, at least you get nice views, an awesome spa and Michelin dining.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JackieMoon80
PH_Zurich, Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to write feedback about your stay on Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the overall service and I apologise most sincerely for the unfortunate incidents. Please be assured that we will review all your points to assess what improvements we can make in the future.

We have also taken note of your other comments regarding the Wi-Fi. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently refreshing our Internet facilities and I totally understand your point of view. Rest assured that we have taken your comments seriously and are working hard for fast improvements.

We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Marcela Herrendoerfer