Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baur au Lac(Zurich)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Ascot(Zurich)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsonyx barpark suitelobby loungediamond membercorner suiteroom servicerain showerexcellent stayluxury hotelfine hotelbusiness hotelrooms are largerestaurant staffold townexpensive hotelstandard roomnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

An expensive hotel (like everything in Zurich) but for those looking for a really special experience the Park Hyatt Zurich is the place to be. It has the perfect central location, the beautiful open lobby and restaurant area, warm and hospitable receptionists (especially Tanya) a wonderful bar with outdoor seating, large rooms and fantastic suites like I had with 780 sq feet to stretch, relax, listen to the music DVDs they provide, scrub my back with the loofah sponge and brush in my huge tub with salts and special lighting. The amenities are a special added touch and the breakfast had many Swiss specialties and all that you could desire while the ambience made the entire stay a memorable experience. Walk to the outdoor market down the street on Fridays and the rest of the time you are close to shopping and spectacular Lake Zurich.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah33333
PH_Zurich, Geschäftsführer at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Sarah3333,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Your detailed feedback is well received and it is nice to read that you used many of our facilities and services.

I was extremely pleased to read about the service you received from Tanja and I will have the pleasure to pass your comments to her. Also, I thank you for commenting about the breakfast provided through Room Service or at the Lobby Lounge, as it is motivating to read that you value our choice of regional products. Pointing out the outdoor market at the nearby Bürkliplatz is also helpful for other travellers visiting our city.

Your time invested in writing this extensive review is highly appreciated and we thank you most dearly. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, we remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Park Hyatt Zürich

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Would give 4.5 stars if I could, but since the service was so great I will bump it up to 5. This hotel is great, the rooms were beautifully decorated, the food was excellent and the service out of this world. We arrived from the US on an overnight flight and got to the hotel around 9am. We were on our honeymoon and the room was booked with points. As a platinum member on our honeymoon (which they knew), I was slightly disappointed to only be offered to pay a "reduced fee" of 200 francs per night to upgrade one room level. I declined. That said, they were able to check us in at 9am which was even better than an upgrade given we were a bit jet-lagged and wanted to rest and shower.

The staff will bend over backwards to help, the service is superb. We ordered breakfast room service a few times and it was beyond good. The location is great and we could easily get around the city quickly. We utilized the spa which was good (not great), and obviously quite expensive.

I would absolutely return to the PH next time in Zurich.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah3333,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Though known mostly as the modern high end business man's hotel as counterpoint to the more charming and old school Bar Au Lac, this hotel delivers what many travelers would appreciate: comfortable beds, functional bathrooms (with showers), great internet, decent amount of room, good service, great restaurant and a good location. It isn't cheap (though little in Switzerland is) but if you have the dough, and like modern style and efficiency, this just might be your best choice. I love the fact that they have a way to let outdoor air in if you don't want to run the AC (can be a bit noisy during high traffic times if you do but it's never that bad).

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are good (none have great views, but all have a lot of light and huge floor to ceiling windows).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Lloyd C

Greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich and thank you very much for your positive comments. I would like to thank you for having taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travellers on TripAdvisor and I am delighted about your excellent feedback.

It is very nice to read that you especially enjoyed the modern guestrooms with all the facilities, including the fresh air slot, the bed and bathroom area. Thank you for commenting on the service received at restaurant parkhuus and I am pleased to read that you took advantage of the convenient location near Zurich Lake, the main commercial and financial district of Zurich.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich another time and until then, we send you our best regards to California.

Warm regards

Jacques Morand
Park Hyatt Zürich

Reviewed 6 October 2013

As soon as we entered the lobby, we were greeted warmly and as if we were their best clients although this was our first time at this hotel and 2nd time at a Hyatt in 2 years. Tanja, the receptionist, made sure we were aware of all the features of the hotel and the surrounding area. The rooms were what you would expect at a Park Hyatt - elegant and extremely comfortable. The location is within easy walking distance of the central district. I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room in this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Jimbo1222

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your experiences during your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Your feedback with regard to our employees and service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve in our daily work.

Please let me say, I was delighted to receive your compliments and I am very pleased to read that you experienced such professional assistance from Tanja. I am glad to hear that they have earned your praise by exceeding your expectations and you can rest assured that your positive comments will be further motivation to strive for excellent service.

Feedback such as yours is always well received. Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have stayed twice at the Park Hyatt, and will soon be there for the third time for business. During my two previous stays I was surprised by some things. No coffee/tea-making facilities, expensive Internet connection... During my first stay the gym was closed, so they told me I could get a voucher to go to another gym nearby (I passed on that). During the second stay the gym and spa were open and they were indeed nice, though small and without a pool.

The inability to connect more than one device was a particular pet-peeve of mine. I wrote to the manager and he kindly replied acknowledging that it was an issue they were looking at. I look forward to see how it is now.

As a returning customer, I was not impressed to see that there was no acknowledgement of this and, even worse, my Gold Passport status was not acknowledged (they billed me for Internet access when I was entitled to complimentary access -to add salt to the wound). Again the manager apologised for this and I look forward to seeing a recognition of my third visit in as many years.

The rooms are very nice, with impressive bathrooms. The B&O TVs are nice (you simply have to rotate them with the remote control, it is a must!) though actually some brands offer TVs with much better image quality (and bigger screens!). I was particularly impressed with the system they use to allow you to get fresh air from the outside, it was not explained to me either of the two times I stayed there, but it deserves to be mentioned.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Abad

Thank you very much for your comments on TripAdvisor – they are well appreciated and help us monitor and improve in our daily work.

I am delighted to inform you that many of your requests have been implemented in the meantime. For example, all guestrooms are provided with a tea and coffee set-up included in the room. We had realised that this was often requested by our guests and therefore we have upgraded the rooms this summer. Furthermore, I am pleased to inform you that the Internet is free of charge as a hotel guest with the ability of connecting more than one device.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich and hope you will take advantage of the implemented enhancements. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Kind regards