“Nice hotel, good location”
Review of Park Hyatt Zurich

Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is standard hotel with nice touches. The service was excellent and very friendly. The front desk was ready with restaurant recommendations and provided a helpful overview of the area. Online it seems like the hotel is far from the main sites, but this is not true. The spa services were nice and well thought out.
What makes this a 5 rating is that there was absolutely no issue with our early check-in. We arrived at just after 10AM and our clean and lovely the room was ready.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HaydenAJ
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Hayden AJ

Greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich and I thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay. We highly appreciate you sharing your most value comments with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and was very gratified to learn how much you appreciated the excellent service provided by our employees. Also, I thank you for your the helpful information about our location. It is not without reason Zurich's slogan used to be "little big city", which in my opinion applys very well.

Feedback such as yours is always well received. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Park Hyatt Zürich

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is close to city station (10 minutes tram ride). The rooms are reasonably priced (much lower than i had anticipated). The rooms are clean and spacious, staff is helpful and courteous. They have a very good selection of local wine. Overall a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DelhiGlobeTrotter

Dear DelhiGlobeTrotter

We were extremely pleased to read about the service you received from our staff and I will have the pleasure to pass your comments to the entire team. Also, I thank you for commenting about the local wines and our guest rooms. Pointing out the nearby city station is useful information for other travellers visiting our city.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

To be sure, the Park Hyatt Zurich is one of the most expensive hotels I ever booked a standard room - it cost more than 600 Francs. But: in Zurich, most hotels are very expensive and new hotels are particularly expensive.
The hotel is modern, rooms are nice and at least the room I had was quiet. Everything worked well...a five star as you expect them to be (in Europe, where you always expect less from a hotel).
So, why pay such rates for this hotel? If you like its central location by the lake, that is one explanation. If you want to be in a hotel that is frequented by all people who think of themselves as important, that would be the second reason.
My reason for a passible return is: hotels in Zurich are usually so old and their rooms so small that it makes it worth, once in a while, to see a "normal" sized room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank philosion
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear philosion

Thank you very much for your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of the central location and our elegant guest rooms.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. I was here 2 nights for personal travel in late November. The hotel is very well appointed and consistently maintains the understated luxury feeling that Park Hyatt, as a brand has created. The location is fantastic and within walking distance to the lake and all of Zurich's great shopping and restaurants.
Our room was very comfortable with a beautiful bathroom and soaking tub, a king bed with luxe bedding and high tech gadgetry including an interactive TV/entertainment system and electric window shades. As with all Park Hyatt hotels we had our own personal Nespresso machine which makes me feel like I'm right at home! The only thing that did not allow me to rate my experience as a 5 is the service. It was very nice but not extremely personal. Regardless I did enjoy my stay and would certainly stay here again when visiting Zurich.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank anthonytravels
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear anthonytravels

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Park Hyatt Zurich with us and with other travellers and we appreciate your having taken the time to write such an extensive review. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for giving our hotel an excellent rating.

We are gratified to read that you had an enjoyable time after choosing Park Hyatt Zurich for your first stay in the city of Zurich. Also, we would like to thank you for informing other visitors about how convenient and how central the hotel is for many of the city’s attractions. Furthermore, I thank you for your favourable comments about our spacious guest room and its many amenities.

We would be delighted to show you that we are passionate about personalized guest service upon your next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In case of any questions, I remain at your disposal.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I understand that no one can have everything, but for 450chf, one would think there would at least be a breakfast included. However, no, the breakfast cold buffet was 49chf extra. That was the only downside of the Park Hyatt Zurich. The room was spacious, comfortable, and had an amazing tub! All the normal luxuries like a soft robe and slippers were included. On top I that, a Nespresso machine with all the capsules was stocked in the room. I didn't make it to the spa, but I heard it was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2013
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear ctepper,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. It gave us great pleasure to have you as our guest. Your feedback regarding your recent visit is an important channel for us to measure customer satisfaction and monitor our quality of service.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for informing us that you prefer for breakfast to be included in the room rate. Our Awaken at the Park package could be an option for any of your future stays. The package includes a Hyatt breakfast at the Lobby Lounge or through Room Service. An additional benefit of the package is the late checkout at 6:00 pm on Sundays.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest on every stay. We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed for business, 4 nights. The hotel was nice. Exactly like the pictures and meets general expectations. The room is a technologic room, nice and etc. However, given the price I was charged, I am not sure the hotel justifies such a high price. I mean, it is good, but it just does not justify Euro 750 per night. Plus, the moment I got a single thing during the breakfast buffet, they charged me an additional 40 Euros. Makes no sense at all. Even a more ridiculpus example, a friend of mine, staying in a different room in the same hotel got himself a fruit as he walked towards my table during breakfast. A fruit, a single fruit.. And he was immediately charged 40 Euros. come on. makes no sense. does not justify the price. If I was paying Euro 300 per night, I would have said the hotel is a perfect hotel. But no. This is not a Euro 750 hotel. In many other countries, you can stay in the same conditions even for Euro 200.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank YALIN19

Dear Yalin19,

Thank you very much for your feedback and also for having taken the time to review Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, we were not able to completely meet your expectations, and you did not feel you received value for money. I feel dismayed that we did not fully satisfy you. Your comments made me curious. If you find the time, please contact me personally so I can further understand the issues regarding your last stay.

It is through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to take corrective actions when necessary. Thank you once again for your comments and we would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich when your travels bring you back to our city.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a really lovely room, with caring, aware staff. On checking in, we were escorted to our room, shown how everything worked, and asked to call reception if any need arose. This hotel had several nice touches. Although the windows do not open, in our room was a special section of the wall that opened up allowing fresh air to come into the room. My husband is at Diamond level with Hyatt and so we had fresh fruit and a package of chocolates in our room too. Very comfortable bed with nice linens. Breakfast was nice, a good cold buffet, good selection of fruit, breads, cereals. Hot items could be ordered off the menu. Service was attentive. I noticed that they even used a small vacuum to sweep up crumbs on the carpet between guest use. If you arrive by train, it's easy to take the #13 tram from the station to the Stockerstrasser stop. Getting off there, walk back in the opposite direction of how the tram was traveling, for a half a block to Beethovenstrasse and turn to the right. The hotel will be on your right in about a block. The hotel is near Lake Zurich, about 2 blocks further on Beethovenstrasse, and that's a lovely walk. We would highly recommend the hotel and would very much like to go back the next time we are in Zurich.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alastairdeacon
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest

Best regards from Park Hyatt Zurich and I would like to thank you for your most positive and attentive comments and for having taken the time to give me your valuable feedback. It will give me great pleasure to pass your compliments on to our team.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and will return to Park Hyatt Zurich when your travels bring you back to our city. In particular, I thank you for your most positive comments about the guest room, the breakfast at our Lobby Lounge and attentive service provided by our staff.

I believe your feedback will be helpful for other travelers also, especially as it refers to our central location and proximity to the Lake of Zurich.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance and I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Zurich again.

Kind regards,