“Heaven...”

Ranked #8 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
NYC
“Heaven...”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

What I love about Park Hyatt hotels is that they are not cookie cutter and each location mirrors the area. Having stayed at many Park Hyatt hotels with the exception of Goa, I have loved them all. They are incredible properties and usually, priced well for 5 star luxury.

Now I must admit that after having stayed at a truly dumpy chalet in Davos during the WEF, anything would have seemed luxurious but this really is. The lobby is large and airy with tons of light.

The room was large. The bed was comfy, the products lovely and the bathroom was spacious. The room has a sliding window so you can see from the bathroom to the room. I saw this at the Park Hyatt Seoul as well. Seems odd but it does allow additional light into the bathroom.

The hotel restaurant is not open on Sunday evenings which is my one negative. The lounge has a really extensive menu with some higher tables although I enjoyed eating on the couch by the fireplace. The hot chocolate was yummy and came with little treats. I also had soup which was silky.

The staff is super attentive and prompt. I cut myself with a shaver and a staff member arrived moments after I called with a bandaid. The concierge was very helpful in assisting me to plan my day and evening.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Intrepidtraveler53

It is hard to find the right words to thank you! What a great review about your stay, I am very proud of my team, and honoured you felt in good hands.

I am glad you have enjoyed your room and our level of service, every guest is unique to us and I am pleased you noticed our attention to details.

Also, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards the Park Hyatt brand, which is not taken for granted.

We look forward to having you again very soon and send you our best regards to New York City.

Jacques Morand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The stay was perfect from every possible perspective. Period.

The service really stands out, and this alone justifies the 5 stars.

One possible improvement: It would be great to have double sinks in the bathroom

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ZachKK

Thank you very much for reviewing Park Hyatt Zurich.
I am flattered to read that your stay with us is another reason to remain loyal to Hyatt hotels.

I will share your review with my team, and make sure all your comments are taken into account.

We would be delighted to welcome you back upon your next visit to Zurich.

Kind regards

Pebble Beach, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

wide wood paneled halls ways. Welcoming lobby area, with fireplace against the wall. Great, adult size bathrooms ..and very comfortable beds
what more could one ask for : impeccable service. That's the Park Hyatt Zurich --and by the way perhaps on of other the very best breakfasts i have ever had in any hotel

Room Tip: rooms on back side bit quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Iaoban173

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel from the food to the guest rooms, it was also pleasing to see that you felt the service we offer met your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Zurich and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Among the greatest serviced hotels in the world this masterpiece is really a kind. I like the junior suite which has enough space and the bathroom area is well build as well.
Have to say Zurich late bars are not the best but for a drink the hotel Onyx bar is really a good one....
Even my fav Italian restaurant is just a walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear skfmac

Thank you very much for your excellent review about Park Hyatt Zurich. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the spacious Park Suite.

It is exactly these types of comments that make what we do here so thoroughly satisfying.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich soon.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went to many bars in Zurich, and I must say this is exactly the place where I always want to return and bring my friends to see it. Very good friendly staff which take care about everyone. Professionals with knowledge of menu. Definitely, when I go next time to Zurich I will come back here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Pavel_Kuznetsov

Thank you for your excellent comments about ONYX Bar. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit. ONYX Bar did experience an exciting year. Besides the refurbishment of the bar, the team won the award for the bar of the year 2014, the panel of which was composed of renowned industry experts.

We would be delighted to serve you as our guest again and hope you like the new design just as much as you did before.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Park Hyatt is a very high-end hotel. Rooms are a decent size with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. It's close to the lake (though sadly no view), as well as most sights in the city. Everything is expensive in Zurich, and that certainly holds true here. Luckily for us we were using points for the room (running rate was over 600 CHF/night), and as a Diamond member we received free breakfast (normally priced at 49 CHF per person). I don't think I could justify paying rack rate for either item, so if you have points/status or a lot of cash, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Krivokrasov,

On behalf of our team, I thank you for your excellent rating and kind words about Park Hyatt Zurich. It was a true pleasure having you as our guest. I would also like to thank you for your trust and loyalty towards our brand and hotels.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location near to Zurich’s precious lake. It would be a pleasure to see you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The service, facilities and rooms were incredible. I'd go there every time without fail. Leaves your pocket empty but well and truly worth it!! Very close to the centre of town, so we could walk everywhere. The club sandwich is particularly yummy :)

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank jordeps
Dear jordeps

Thank you for your kind comments, excellent rating and compliemnts about the club sandwich.

We hope your future travels will bring you back to Zurich soon. Until then, we remain at your disposal.

Kind regards