“Cold Service”

Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
New York
“Cold Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Although I can't fault the property I do think that the staff in the hotel should be a bit more warm with the guests. I felt they were there to do their job without passion to take care of their guests or better phrased were not interested in making their guest feel in their home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear MrkCavNY

Thank you very much for sharing your most valued feedback on TripAdvisor.

As one of our credos indeed is to create a home away from home, I was very distressed to read your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies that our staff seem to have missed the opportunity to welcome you with the warm service we are striving to provide for all of our guests.
Please rest assured that I will forward your feedback to all of our staff, and that we will do our very best to not let any guest depart before he or she feels totally welcome.

Dear MarkCavNy, I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich at some point soon, so that we can give you the true Park Hyatt experience.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The exterior of the hotel is such that it was difficult to find at first but once we found it everything just fell into place. We arrived at noon so our room was not ready yet. We were checked in by Birgit who escorted us to the lounge for coffee and light refreshments while we waited for our room. And what a room it was – It was one of the largest standard rooms I have ever seen. The description that best fits is "understated elegance" - very calming.
The bathroom was huge and smelled absolutely divine – It featured a separate large soaking tub and shower. The Laura Tonatto amenities smelled so, so good. (Clean, bathrooms are everything in our family …) and a separate toilet and large closets and vanity between the bathroom and the bedroom..
The king bed was just the right size and was super comfortable. The room had a small closet-like thing where you could open the window for fresh air which I liked. There was a large desk and a couple of chairs and a table in the sitting area as well as a credenza that held nespresso machine, kettle and some water. There was a fresh fruit bowl as a welcome amenity.
Both the bedroom area and the bathroom were very, very clean.

The hotel is within walking distance to Lake Zurich and the Park. We had a picnic there one afternoon. We bought items from a "grocery store" in town. This is quite an expensive area and it was difficult finding a budget restaurant for lunch.

Doormen were often engrossed in their own conversation and were a little indifferent but every other staff person we interacted with, especially Birgit and the restaurant staff, were beyond exemplary.

I will definitely return to the hotel.

Room Tip: I truly loved everything about this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GhLez
Dear GhLez

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing such a detailed review about your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich.

What a wonderful idea to have a picnic at the lake! The accommodating distance to the lake does really invite for that.

I am delighted to read that the room met your expectations in every aspect, and that the bathing amenities by Laura Tonatto were appealing to you.
It will give me great pleasure to forward your kind feedback to Birgit, and I am sure that she will appreciate it very much.

Nevertheless, I would like to apologize for the comportment of our doormen as your observation does not - in any way - reflect our standards, and I am aggrieved that their behavior put a shadow over your visit.

Dear GhLez, I would be very pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again soon, and in the meantime I send you my very best regards.

Palm Desert, California USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Was only able to stay at this wonderful Hotel due to using my Hyatt Points for two nights. Lowest standard rate is usually $500 and does not include parking for $30 per day. This is one of the best addresses to stay in Zurich. The rooms are big and up to the latest technology, the Bathrooms are spacious and provide you with all the good things. Breakfast is top rate! The staff is as good as it gets. Absolutely loved our stay in this Hotel! Dr. K

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ursus51
Dear Dr. K

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions about your last visit at Park Hyatt Zurich with us.

It was a pleasure to read your feedback. I especially appreciate your remarks regarding our staff - as they are unquestionably our biggest asset - and it will give me great pleasure to forward your feedback to them.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the future. Until then, I send my best regards across the ocean.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is truly a five star hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The bathrooms are also large, with great showers. The hotel feels very new; everything works well. The only consideration is price. It was really quite expensive.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K M
Dear K M

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experiences at Park Hyatt Zurich on Trip Advisor.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, especially regarding the hotels state. As we are celebrating our ten year anniversary this year, I feel buoyant to receive such a nice comment.

Dear K M, I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again soon. In the meantime, I send my best regards and wish you a great end of the week.

Sincerely

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Within a walking distance from the lake and shopping area of Zurich, this park hyatt is a jewel of a hotel.

Rooms are lovely and adorned by luxury, food is amazing as is the staff looking after you.

Tully recommended for anyone on a short visit but wishing to see a lot of georgious Zurich..

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear MAA8942

Warm greetings from Zurich.

I appreciate it greatly that you have taken the time to share the details of your previous visit to Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor.

I was utterly delighted to receive your feedback, especially because of your diligent wording. Recommendations such as yours are what make our job so rewarding, keeping us motivated to provide this service to each and every guest.

Dear MAA8942, I truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich soon, and send our best regards to beautiful - but hopefully balmier - Dubai.
Sincerely

Oxford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Used a free nights at the Park Hyatt in Zurich that I accumulated with points, what a dissapointment it was, After we checked in we were told the parking garage was not included and neither was the breakfast.. It cost us 40francs for the parking and we decided in the morning to check out and have breakfast on arrival at the airport, it was much cheaper than what the hotel wanted to charge us for it,

Room Tip: The room was nothing special.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gracehily
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Gracehily

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointing stay. As a valuable member of Gold Passport and a loyal customer of Hyatt, your feedback has been well received and is much appreciated.

The Hyatt Gold Passport Free Time Award Night includes the overnight stay in a spacious Park King Room, and all our services. Yet you are quite right that the free nights do not include parking or breakfast, and with reference to the Gold Passport Policy; it only relates to the room.

I am extremely dismayed to read that you left our hotel dissatisfied. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have any further questions.
Yours sincerely,

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am the president of a large travel agency and I recently travelled for a week in Switzerland. My trip began in Zurich and we had the pleasure of staying at the Park Hyatt. Its location is one of the best in downtown Zurich, convenient to everything, and is one of Zurich’s top hotels. The Park Hyatt’s details are superior in every area from the rooms, to the common areas, the restaurants, the bar and spa. The rooms are all very spacious and have great modern bathrooms, exactly what you expect from a Park Hyatt. The bar has a very lively crowd including lots of local “regulars” which is always a good sign that it is a “happening spot.” The bar is one of the prettiest I saw throughout Switzerland. The Park Hyatt has a fantastic spa, and my only complaint is that I did not have enough time to experience everything they had to offer. The food was great and the Concierge was extremely helpful, making great sightseeing and restaurant recommendations. If you make a trip to Zurich, the Park Hyatt should be on the top of your list.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelCorp
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear TravelCorp

Thank you very much for your detailed and flattering review. I was delighted to receive your feedback, especially as you seem to know the business very well.

I was thrilled to read your remarks about our bar, as it is indeed one of our “bijous” and has won "Bar of the Year" in Switzerland several times.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich soon, so that you can enjoy the full Zurich experience.

In the meanwhile, our entire team sends warm greetings to beautiful Louisiana.