“Awesome Views”

Sorell Hotel Zurichberg
Ranked #61 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed in Zurich before, but always in the city. For my most recent trip, I decided to try something different. This hotel is a short drive from the city center, in a nice neighborhood and mostly wooded area.
It is really wonderful! My room had a very large balcony with an amazing view of Lake Zurich. And it was close enough to the city that I could still hear the church bells from below. The staff is very friendly, and the restaurant and patio areas are gorgeous!
I will DEFINATELY stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PalmettoAndMoon
zurichberg, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest

It is a great pleasure to read your rating and I have forwarded your words to my team. Thank you for staying with us whilst you are in Zurich.

Thank you for the compliments, it's a great motivation for the whole team.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked this beautiful location for a romantic weekend. Even if hotel is out of the center and if you have to climb the hill to reach it, view is wonderful. But then, nothing more. Poor service. Nothing like what you are expecting for that price category. Had to wait 10 mn at checkin for a poor girl who was alone and overwhelmed. I boooked for two on a bookingwebsite but hotel did not get the info. I had to beg to get extra towles in the bathroom and then was suspected to have cheated at the booking. After a first night in a small room I complained and got an upgrade with a bigger room. But still, hotel is overpriced and you have no service. Breakfast room is just as unpersonnal as a central station. No deckchair to relax and enjoy the view in the garten. Overpriced food. Boiled ravioli with no sauce, no butter, no oil for 30 CHF....
I picked up this location for a romantic experience and we ended up fighting because of the accomodation.
Go there to have a drink but that s all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frenchguy75
zurichberg, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Gast

I am shocked to read that, even if we do not know why.

Best regrds

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were three guys and stayed here for four nights. The property is nicely situated atop a hill with a fabulous view over the city and the lake.
The construction is unique in the sense there are no floors to climb - it is a spiral walkway to all rooms. The colour theme is very refreshing.
We had the lake view rooms which was great with a balcony to enjoy your wine in the evening.
The restaurant is great which served excellent breakfast in the morning and nice meals on the sit out patio in the evenings.
The tram station is a minute away with a nice Italian restaurant " Diercii" close by.
THE ONLY THING MISSING IS SOME ENGLISH CHANNELS ON THE TV. It is a business hotel and one would think that they would be having English speaking guests!!!
The staff agrees but it seems the manager does not.
A great place to enjoy your vacation and value for money.

Room Tip: Lake view is good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abhay J
zurichberg, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent rating. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Zürichberg and were happy with our services. It is our pleasure to be your 'home away from home'.
In regard to our TV Channels, since April 11th, 2014 we have up-graded our system. We provide now our guests a total of 48 channels, including 7 English Channels.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Zürichberg and remain,

With my best regards

General anager

Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you're looking for a different hotel - not your standard chain hotel then this is the one for you. It is set in the hills above Zurich with beautiful views over Lake Zurich and only about 10 minutes taxi ride away. We held an event there and whilst we had some issues with the rooming lists, Anja at the hotle managed to sort it all out for us. Our guests were very happy - I am sure they will remember this meeting vs one at a Hilton or Meridien Hotel. The food was good. Rooms - alot of them are smoking rooms although we could not detect smoking smells from them so it wouldn't be so muhc a concern. There are rooms on the new side but I preferred the ones in the main building which to me had a better feel (personal taste perhaps). Also, some of the rooms on the newer side were ground/low level so I wouldn't want to open the window in these and there was no air conditioning - o.k. for now but perhaps not in Summer. I dont' think it would have gone as well as it could if it had not been for Anja.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the main building with a view of the lake - you're on a winner!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
zurichberg, Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you Nicole C. so much for your feedback. It is our pleasure to give the best service possible and it's a great motivation for the team when guests like you honor our efforts. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to another time in our Hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was my third time at this hotel and it is, as i have noted before, absolutely fabulous.
The service is great, efficient and friendly. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable.
The breakfast is unbelievably good and the view from the dining room/deck is stunning.
It's only about 12 minutes from the airport (VIA TAXI) and an easy commute downtown on the No. 6 tram.
for me, this is the hotel to be when in Zurich
great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
zurichberg, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear guest,

we are pleased that you were happy with the service we have delivered. Thank your for your excellent rating.

It is our pleasure to be your 'home away from home'.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

It was only a short stay at the Zurichberg Hotel, but it was overall enjoyable. Check-in was smooth; my room was already available around noon. I stayed in the annexe – remarkable architecture – and found the room spacious and the beds comfortable. Temperature in the room was difficult to control and I had to open the window to cool the room down (in February!).
The views are exceptional, public transportation was nearby (although I did not use it). No fitness room, which I found a significant shortcoming of a hotel in this class. The hotel recommends a number of jogging trails in the area but that is just not enough.
The restaurant was underwhelming, risotto entrée was tasty but main course (Zurich style veal with rosti) was bland and the portion was too small. There should be better options for dinner in Zurich. Did not have breakfast as I had an early flight – can’t comment on that.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the annexe that have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
zurichberg, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. For the inconvenience I apologize.

Your impressions are very important for us to avoid such situations in the future.

For the entire team it is very important that you feel comfortable in our hotel and we are very sorry that we have not succeeded the most during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your guests to another time in our hotel

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice to be welcomed back for the second time in a year, (allbeit on the sad occasion of my aunt's funeral".

Your reception is friendly; your rooms (single as well as double) are nicely equipped and both times I've had views over the lake of Zurich towards the mountains.
Breakfasts are generous, with a wide variety of foods, suiting those who careful over calories and not so careful: very good English "fried eggs and bacon".

I like your large but also cosy bar/restaurant through the big doors off the reception area.

In short no complaints!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
zurichberg, General Manager at Sorell Hotel Zurichberg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear guest,

It is our pleasure to be your 'home away from home'.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,