“Excellent business class hotel”

Fleming's Hotel Zuerich
Ranked #89 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent business class hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice and central, modern with a nice touch of luxury to it. Reception is not a grand entrance, but in this location and the kind of building I wouldn't expect that. For my purposes it was ideally situated having meetings in both the city and Uetliberg. The room was nice and comfortable - nice touch with the shower.
I have stayed in a couple of hotels in Zurich, but this one I will hopefully be able to use again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Cljnie,
Thank you for your friendly rating for the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.
The location of the hotel is really ideal for business people and couples to go for city tours or go for a walk around the city.

Erik Zimmermann
Assistant to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sondalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The hotel is in the city center but easy to reach with GPS. Rooms were sound proof which is something very important if you have an important day to face. Wifi efficient and complimentary. Acceptable breakfast for this category of hotel. You can order scrambled eggs separately but included in the price. Parking place available only nearby and rather expensive. Overall an acceptable deal considering the location of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Julia 75,

Thank you for your great rating. Especially for the sound proof windows and the Wifi.
It`s a pleasure for use to welcome you again at the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Hotels in Zurich are ludicrously expensive, but even so, it should not cost 288CHF per night to be woken up at 07:30 every day by hammering and drilling. If I had known about a major refurb I would not have stayed. Breakfast very poor. Staff extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Julia 75,
We are Sorry for your inconvenience during your stay at the Fleming`s Hotel.
It should be never our intent to interrupt your sleep like this.
Although had the construction company promised to us to start their work not even before 10:00 clock.
It is an cold comfort, but the renovation time is over and we have now an wonderful exercise room and an larger restaurant.
So we will hope, you`ll give us once a time a new chance to demonstrate what not only the team is able to be.

Assistant to General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Zurich hotels

luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This 3star hotel proved to be a positive surprise. Locations is good and rooms are nicely renovated (the in-room shower cubicle might be less suited when travelling with friends). Breakfast was very tasty as well. I have stayed in 4star hotels that did not live up to the standards on offer here. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear beograd72,

thank you for your nice description and your good rating.
The only thing I have to correct, we are not even a 3 star hotel. As a design hotel we are unfortunately even not categorized.
So it`s a pleasure for us to welcome you again next time at the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at Flemings in July and were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality and professional appearance of the staff. The location is great as it is only a few steps away from Zurich financial center. Breakfast was included and was a nice way to start the day.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business travellers. I will return again in November.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Martin S.,

Thank you for your top rating. It`s a pleasure for us to welcome you again at the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed here twice, once in August for 2 nights and once in early September for 1 night.

My first stay I found the hotel very easily, good location, quiet at night, easy to get everywhere and only a couple of streets above the tram line.

The hotel itself is quite small, but the girls at reception were always very nice and friendly. I needed a electric adaptor and they gave me one straight away and let me keep for my 2 night stay, I asked for extra pillows (you get 2 on the bed but they are so soft they squash to virtually flat as soon as you put your head on them!)

The first room I had was a single room on the 1st floor, overlooking an internal courtyard. The room was very small but clean and had everything you needed, it was very dark though, so if I had been spending much time in the room it would have been a little depressing.

The 2nd room I had was on the 3rd floor and was a double (2 single beds together), this was at the front of the building so a lot brighter thankfully, again all very clean. Good toiletries (the white company) and apples in the room.

As has been mentioned the bathroom/ shower set up is a bit weird, with the shower being part of the room but its an unusual quirk rather than being annoying, although I was by myself - I'm not sure if I would have liked it if I was there with anyone else!

Breakfast was nice and again the girls at reception, who serve as waitresses as well, we're very helpful. Ok range of food, just a little too small an area, so if there are more than a few people in the area it feels a bit cramped.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing double room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Tweetiepie99,
Thank you for your rating and your detailed description about the Fleming`s Hotel Zürich.
We very much also like to pass the positive assessment on for our employees.
I would like to add merely that our single rooms are really very quiet by the situation into the inner courtyard for a town hotel.

Sussex, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business (my second stay) and found the location and room very good. I was alone, but people need to be aware of the totally glassed shower cabinet in the bedroom, (note, not in the bathroom), so no privacy there!

Breakfast was a pleasant buffet at clean, well presented tables. I also had the cold supper buffet on my first night, which was limited but fine.

I have knocked off a mark for the inflexibility - 12 noon is checkout time but I had a spare morning and wanted to extend very slightly, to 12.45. I was told that was not possible as they were fully booked unless I paid 30 francs. I'm not sure why these two things go together; if fully booked is the issue, it shouldn't be possible to extend at all, why allow it for money?!!

Otherwise the staff were great, friendly and personable and I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank peterandbrenda_10
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Zuerich, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear peterandbrenda_10,
Thank you for your description and your praise of our staff at the reception.
The room is in a modern art, so the glass shower gives more lightness for the room.
I want to apologize for the inconvenience at the late check out.
Our statement is, that the Housekeping is not our own, so we have to pay for every our they stay longer at the hotel,
This is what we have to charge one-to-one.

You are welcome every time