Just got back home from a three night stay at this hotel.
As Zurich is very expensive, I was very happy to get a decent prepaid rate some weeks ahead of arrival.
We arrived very late (11pm), but got upgraded to a nice suite upon arrival. (We are Starwood platinum members).
The room was excellent laid out, with comfy beds and a big bathroom. As a light-sleeper (and light sensitive), I just LOVED the curtains with the velcro solution. Why doesn't all SPG hotel have those?? It was also very quiet, the windows had excellent sound proof.
The hotel felt very modern and fresh. One of the best Four Points I have ever stayed at - and better than most Sheratons too! As someone has mentioned here, I got a bit "W"-feeling from this hotel!
The location has it pros and cons. Its smack in the middle of a new shopping area, which I actually liked a lot. (Cafes etc. very close by for an early or late snack). Both tram and train very close - the ride to downtook took only minutes. However, if you like to walk to the main attractions, this hotel might not be your cup of tea. (That said, the 30 minute-ish walk along the river to downtown is kind of nice).
Didn't try the breakfast (too expensive IMO) - as mentioned, starbucks and a decent chocolatier next door. The hotel restaurant seemed pretty empty most of the time, but the bar looked like a trendy spot both night and day.
Friendly staff, very accomondation upon my requests.
Any room for improvements? Well, wireless in the room would have been nice, working with a cable is not very convinient. And the toiletries were not of the highest quality.
I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located in the heart of Zurich, on the grounds of the former paper mill and combines existing architecture with modern construction technology. The hotel is center of a microcosm with diverse restaurants, cafes, 80 shops, the largest multiplex cinema in Switzerland, an event location and office spaces. The 132 rooms, including eight junior suites and four senior suites, are air conditioned and offer convenient amenities and a design-oriented ambience. Classic, modern and charming: The Rampe Süd Restaurant with its carefully composed style is perfectly adapted to its surroundings in Sihlcity. The culinary duo Mario Rich & Tim Metzner create and interpret a surprising new way of international, national and regional classics with their team. The trendy furnished Urbano Bar & Lounge offers hotel guests and locals a wide range of cocktails and a special snack menu. Featuring eight partly combineable meeting rooms and a capacity for up to 450 delegates, the seminar hotel in Zurich Sihlcity is perfectly suited for your meeting in Zurich. All meeting rooms are air-conditioned, well-lit and equipped with state-of-the-art conference technology. HD Laser projectors allow to present in daylight and six 82 "Interactive Smart TVs provide a new interactive presentation experience. The new Smart Food concept guarantees a healthy and varied seminar food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points zürich
- Four Points Sihlcity Zurich
- Four Points Zurich
- zürich Four Points