“The busiest traditional Swiss restaurant with great food”
Review of Zeughauskeller

Zeughauskeller
Ranked #22 of 1,987 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We loved the atmosphere, the olde world nature of the huge restaurant and of course the fabulous food. The waiters are friendly and efficient and will find you a table even if you think the place looks absolutely full. We had the house specialties (about 15 different Sausage dishes) with potato salad and loved them so much we ate there 2 nights in a row! Wonderfull, I give this restaurant more than 5 stars.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We went as a large group for a birthday party.

The food was really well done, with some hearty classics and a huge array of sausages. Despite being a fairly run of the mill beer hall offering the Schweinshaxe was delicious!

Service was top notch, and given the location prices were great value too.

Will definitely be back (if only for the Schneider Aventinus Weissbier!)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had dinner here on a business trip last month. I thought it was terrific. Jam packed, loud - we had a great time. Food was good, not great, but that was secondary in my opinion to the atmosphere of the place. Food came in ample portions and pretty authentic compared to other spots that I ate at in Zurich in my opinion. Price was reasonable and beer very tasty. Seemed like a good mix of locals and tourists also. I would strongly recommend for anyone visting Zurich.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Average food: too much mayonnaise for my salad. The meat was over cooked.
Unfriendly service: as we asked for table water, the waitress did not smile at all. When I ordered some wine, her face began to loose up.
Positive: relatively cheap for Zurich, but not as cheap as fast food (not McDonald, but something like Nordsee. We got a great meal at Nordsee in the main train station, before we left Zurich.)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed a nice lunch at Zeughauskeller before flying back home. The atmosphere is nice and the staff very attentive. All three of us had excellent meals and all at a reasonable price. The place is big and wasn't very crowded on a Sunday for lunch. I would definitely recommend this place for a hearty and relatively cheap meal.