“Just as good as ever”

Cantinetta Antinori
Ranked #12 of 1,896 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$10 - US$54
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Cantinetta Antinori is one of the most typical Italians on a high level thanks to its location on Zurich's Bahnhofstrasse, the world-famous family brand Antinori, the charm of the old town house, the simple cuisine of Tuscany and the rich wine range of Marchesi Antinori.
Zug, Switzerland
“Just as good as ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Been eating and drinking at Antinori for years. It's always perfect quality and dishes have not changed much, but I like to know that you are never disappointed ....
Quite loud inside (avoid 1st floor when full), beautiful outside in summer. Very friendly personnel.
My favourite in ZH.

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Relax & Enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Seems like everyone from US is in a hurry in Zurich, and Italy. This quaint Swiss restaurante is what it is all about. Either sit inside(very nice), or people watch outside. A little pricey, but hey, you are on vacation. The dishes were excellent. Scaloppina Limone a delight. Spaghetti Mare (clams, shrimp, octopus) is divine. Skip the Crostini Misti appetizer (pate spreads on bread). Bottle of Montepulcino wine was excellent. ($55). Bourbon on rocks @ $11 okay.
On the tram #10 line. Give it a try.

Visited July 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food was nice. Main dishes are 40-70frs mostly. Staff is friendly and helpful, but could be slightly more serious.

Ambiance is OK, but as usual for Zurich tables quite close to each other (and hence loud) and somewhat small.

zuerich
“I enjoyed this very much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday over lunch, after my daughter's graduation from high school. I had already visited the restaurant, and chosen a special table for 11 people on the first floor. The waitress had previously told me that on Saturday's the restaurant was usually full, and she couldn't say how loud it would be. It was loud, but fortunately many people left after half an hour. The waiter, (I didn't know his name) was very professional, and Italian. When he didn't know something, he would ask and was all around knowledgeable. I ordered the Spaghetti Vongole (spaghetti with clams) small portion and was very happy, except that there was still some sand in some of the clams. I know how they are cooked, as I have served this at home a few times, and know that one cannot clean the inside of the clams beforehand. They are steamed with wine and garlic until they open, and then quickly mixed with the spaghetti. It is probably difficult to get the sand out, I don't know for sure. Besides that, my lamb was wonderful. I had strawberry tiramisu for dessert, which was served in a white chocolate box with strawberry syrup made in a design. Very pretty. The tiramisu itself was lacking strawberries, and had two thin layers between the cake, it was not made of ladyfingers, actually more of a sponge cake consistency. They also added whipped cream to the mascarpone which I was not too crazy about. The amaretto gelato ice cream was also very good. My husband had normal tiramisu which was like it should be except for that they did not soak the ladyfingers in any alcohol. Every restaurant is different, I guess. My sister had the frutti del Mari spaghetti, and it looked delicious, with alot of different varieties of shellfish. My husband had the shellfish salad and that was also delicious. My brother-in-law, who is a chef, ordered the salmon with orange and lemon zest and said it was also delicious. My other brother-in-law and his wife ordered the risotto with chantarelle mushrooms which was separately served from the risotto. Funny presentation, but they enjoyed it thoroughly. The service was really impeccable, efficient and friendly. The interior is dark wood, but very elegant. . I would have given 5 stars, but because of the lacking of strawberries and the sand in my clams, I only gave it 4. I would absolutely go back to this restaurant..

Switzerland
“Very good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had dinner at the Cantinetta Antinori Restaurant in Zürich. The restaurant is in the city centre and during the summer months, you can sit outside on the nice terrace. Reservations are recommended since this place is always very busy.

The food we had was very good, our fish and seafood was grilled to perfection. The white Vermentino wine went very well with our dishes. Service was ok, although not anticipatory and we had always to ask to get something. Prices are on the high end.

• Visited June 2014