“Wish we had this pace in Geneva”
Review of Cheyenne

Cheyenne
Ranked #592 of 1,929 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oerlikon
Veyrier, Switzerland
“Wish we had this pace in Geneva”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good food, good drinks.
Right near Hellenstadium so my guess this doubles as a sports bar night of hockey.

We wanted food on a sunday afternoon, which is normally hard to do in Switzerland, yet this was open and had space. Menu is limited but all we had was good with no complaints.

Real onion rings, great chicken wings, mexican influenced food... all washed down with a large beer.

Cheese cake brought back memories from back home in Montreal, as this is not a typical desert in Switzerland (land of cheese they say?)

We will be back.

• Visited October 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Burger king is WAAAAY better!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have just had a very disappointing burger and thought i would write my first ever food review to discourage people from having the same disappointment!

It was a poor quality tasteless burger which was overcooked. Hardly any cheese or bacon and tasteless fries... all in all I was so hungry that I ate it. Otherwise I would have walked straight out.

The server understood that I did not like it but did not stop one second to ask why before she asked me for my credit card to pay 38CHF. Doh. I should have gone to burger king.

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Don't expect to be treated as a customer...”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Worst service ever experienced in Zurich! Kitchen closes at 10pm, arriving there at 9:55pm with 8 friends to have a drink, we were refused all available tables (5!!!) because we "only" wanted to have drinks (and not eat!)!!! Reason was because so many customers were expected to arrive in the next 5 minutes and order food... Better go to the irish pub 50 meters away, or even to pubs closer to Oerlikon train station ;)

• Visited June 2013
Bern, Switzerland
“Better than others”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The decor of this place is refreshing, as it's a sort of crossover between a Western saloon (love the mirror and massive bar!), a proper restaurant (spacious seating inside and out), and a sports bar (hockey memorabilia and TVs). It's a welcome change from the cactus-and-sombrero kitsch of other so-called Mexican places. Prices are within the usual range, neither outrageous neither cheap, and the food is good. The standard fare is clubs, wraps, burgers or ribs. I'm not saying you have to make the trip out to Oerlikon just to eat here, but given the choice between this and some of the truly terrible places in the Niederdorf, definitely go here.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place to chill out !”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a Tex-Mex type restaurant and bar. It can get quite busy, mainly with drinkers inside and outside on the street. Food is acceptable, but not really fine dining. Saving grace is that it is quite cheap, compared to some of the surrounding restaurants. I like the fact that the staff are very friendly, and always find you a table... even when they are really busy !

Visited May 2013