“A good greek dinner”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We decided to eat something instead of cooking on our own. We remembered that we saw the Delicato some days ago and decided to give it a try and we have not been disappointed.

When we arrived at 18:30 the restaurant was not busy and we got immediately a nice table for two. soon after the waitress brought us the menu card.

We ordered "humus" together with Pitta bread as a starter. As a main course we ordered twice Souvlaki with grilled vegetables.

After some minute waiting time we got the "humus" served and it was really very good.

Also the Souvlaki with the vegetables was good.
The service was fast and friendly so we will defintely go back to this place.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is a great little Greek restaurant very near the centre of Zurich. I've been here a couple of times and have always enjoyed myself. Prices for Zurich are pretty good, and the service is actually bordering on friendly, which for those who are non-Swiss is always rather nice.

I took my partner here recently and had a great evening. We tried the hummus and feta dips; the latter was particularly good. The former is good, but I think they must put potato in it, or something starchy because it is different from any kind of hummus I've had before. Good, but not authentic. Main meals are very good, although rather meat-orientated - not that I mind this. Furthermore, all come with either potatoes or rice: it's nice that this is included in the price. I'd certainly recommend the place and would come again.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I found Delicato by chance trying to find a restaurant other than a fast food restaurant along the shopping district's main street. This restaurant seems to have the market covered, as it was the only one I came across that wasn't an outside stall other than hotel restaurants. Since it was past 1300 hrs, the restaurant only had a few tables occupied.

They had a menu in both German and English. The selections are what you can expect in any Greek restaurant outside of Greece itself. The food was good and service nothing to complain about. The waitress, although did not check on me at all, was present if I needed anything. The restaurant has two floors, so I don't imagine it is too hard to find a table maybe except really busy times.

Delicato is a good choice if you are looking for something different than Swiss fare and happen to be in the area around the train station and shopping areas.

Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

greek at its best outside of Greece. great service great food. greek beers as well. the only thing missing is tarama. their wall is covered with awards from the city

1  Thank silvermasked
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We used to come here when it was a cafe style place, and we loved it then. Today was our first visit at the new 'proper' restaurant.
The food was excellent, the staff friendly and the service was great.
We will definitely be back.