“Not worth your time, money, or high blood pressure”
Review of Turm

Turm
Ranked #1,558 of 2,017 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Waited 10 minutes for the host to seat us, despite us having reservations. The waiting game then continued when we waited another 15 minutes for our waiter to come to us, only to first show us the specials of the day, not even take a drink or appetizer order. Restaurant was only half full, but all the waiters were running around so perhaps they were under staffed. Our waiter was courteous, and once we placed our order our food arrived in a timely fashion, however everything was SUPER salty. I am a salt lover myself, so something must be VERY salty for me to complain. Decor was nice, stands out amongst the rest of the neutral Swiss restaurants.
This restaurant reminds myself of even though I live in Zurich, I rarely go out to dinner here as the prices and service are horrendous.

1  Thank Passionfruit23

Reviewed 2 May 2013

The food is acceptable but not more than that. Service is average at best (if you're lucky). But most annoying is the noise level in the restaurant. A conversation of more than 2 people at one table is close to impossible and the musicians don't make it any better.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

You can't go wrong to visit this restaurant for lunch during the week Monday to Friday. In the evenings, the restaurant is rather pricey. You get the same quality much cheaper during the lunch time 11:30 AM to 2 PM. They normally serve 2 meat menus, 1 fish/seafood and 1 vegetarian.The prices are moderate, Fr. 18.50 to Fr. 24.50, the quality of service is high and he atmosphere is very pleasant.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have been to this establishment at least 20 times, and the service is always steady, ask for an English menu and it helps if you don't read German. At no time have I had bad service nor problems with the food. We all had steak this last time and were very pleased. Tomato soup is very good. All had desserts and it was very good.

Usually in Switzerland the tip is included so be aware of this, I always add a few francs more.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

The atmosphere is 'unusual', but quite fun if you like lots of vegetation around the tables. The food theme seems to be Latin American. One of us had a spicy dish (Mexican??) which was HOT, but didn't have much else going for it. The other dish was delicious. It all took quite a long time to arrive. The worst feature was that when we handed over a 100SF note for the 80SF bill, no change was brought. It seemd to be assumed that we would be tipping the balance. This isn't normal Swiss practice (in our fairly wide experience), and felt like an attempted rip-off. It certainly left a bad flavour, worse than the over-hot food!

1  Thank PandSOxford