“Decent Food at a Good Price”

Rheinfelder Bierhalle
Ranked #112 of 1,896 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$13 - US$22
Cuisines: German, Swiss, Bar, European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Denver, Colorado
“Decent Food at a Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We went here on our last night in Zurich for an inexpensive meal. Prices are very reasonable for traditional Swiss food compared to many other places. Mostly wurst and VERY large pieces of schnitzel, but I asked for a cold platter to eat light and was given a nice plate of cheese, salami, and ham. Beer was very, very good. The waitress was very busy but still I think that our service was timely by European standards.

I recommend this place for very good beer with reasonably priced Swiss food. I did not see any evidence of bad service while inside the restaurant, and it was frequented mostly by locals.

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad attitude waiter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just walk off from this restaurant an hour ago. I was there asking for menu in English. This waiter ask me to wait at the side. While waiting, I just read the menu on the table & found there is menu in English. In less than a minute, he walk to me with unfriendly face & shouted: "I ask you to wait! Oh! You can read German? I am also fine with it." & just walk away & pretend busy doing his stuff. This is absolutely bad attitude. Can you just be patient & serve the menu in English?
My trip to Switzerland almost perfect but spoiled by this rude waiter.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bryan L
Wichita, Kansas
“Great atmosphere, service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate here twice, both times the food was very good. The first night in Zurich we ate inside, at a large community table, very German style. The second time we ate outside. The service was very good both times.

Singapore, Singapore
“Shortchange wheb paid in Euro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Veal Sausage with Rosti (hashbrown) was pretty good, but the Pork Leg (Waedli) was pretty tough. The prices are reasonable and it would have been a decent evening until the bill comes.

It was a mistake for assuming that a restaurant in such location would accept credit card, so I have to pay in Euro since I have no Swiss Franc with me for the one day in Zurich. The bill actually stated exactly the amount in 31 Euro, based on a rate of 1 euro to 1.1 CHF which is acceptable to me. However, my 50 euro came back with only 16 CHF! When I approached the waiter than he admiitted it was a mistake and give me another 3 CHF. That still doesn't work out right as 19 euro certainly not equal to 19 CHF! I didn't want to persue further and took it as giving the extra as tippings!,
That spoilt the whole evening and otherwise a reasonably good and our last meal in Zurich!

Brisbane, Australia
“Lively and relatively cheap eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A lively, noisy restaurant serving traditional food, especially roesti and wurst. Service was snappy, despite the packed tables. Prices are reasonable, by Swiss standards, as this country is expensive throughout. There are outdoor tables, but as with all European restaurants and bars, smoking is permitted in such areas, so anyone allergic to cigarette smoke or who resents eating someone's smoke with their food, take an indoor table. Indoor seating is mainly at long benches, so don't expect a private, romantic dining experience. Nevertheless, the grub is good!